Aud

Hey there!

My name's Aud. I've been essentially a lurker on these forums for YEARS now and haven't ever really gotten involved.

That is, until my wife surprised me with an order confirmation for a fully assembled/detailed Mark V(b) helmet, with the up-armor attachment. Now I've decided it's time to get to work.

I've basically never done any modeling or cosplay before, besides the last-second Halloween party costumes, like my personal creation "Low Budget Man", consisting of a trashbag cape and a duct tape insignia.

Now, thanks to my wife and seeing what everyone's done here, I'm diving straight in and am going to spend the next year building a full-detail, properly scaled/proportioned replica of Noble 6's armor from Halo: Reach.

I've seen Noble 6 done before, so I wanted to add a spin to it. That's when I came across HaloFollower's "Ghost of Reach" take on him, with parts scavenged from Emile and armor pieces hastily maintained with whatever leftover scraps were available. A concept already joked about with the "he's in a cave" memes but now it's an actual fanmade timeline. That's the look I'll be going after. If you're interested, here is the link to one of the trailers.

I'll be asking a lot of questions and making a lot of mistakes, and I wouldn't have it any other way! Thanks and I look forward to talking to everyone here.

Putting a cape on a Spartan is an interesting choice, but I like the general concept of scrounging and piecing together an armor set. It also opens up a lot of options for building whatever pieces you want.

What methods are you planning on using for building the armor? Foam, 3D printing, pep, etc?

Putting a cape on a Spartan is an interesting choice, but I like the general concept of scrounging and piecing together an armor set. It also opens up a lot of options for building whatever pieces you want.

What methods are you planning on using for building the armor? Foam, 3D printing, pep, etc?
3D printing mostly, with a combination of flexible filament and EVA foam for the undersuit, And it'll be less of a full intact cape and more of a beat up piece of fabric similar to the ghillie hood on Jun's patrol chestplate that just happens to drape over the back. A torn up cardigan should likely do the trick. I've already had a go with printing some tools and other non-scaled pieces on a Bambu X1C so over a long enough time of trial and error, this should be doable. Currently going through growing pains with Armorsmith but it's been immensely helpful overall and in staying organized.

Though I'm a stickler for proportion so if any piece looks "strange" or under/oversized then it's getting scrapped/remade.

3D printing mostly, with a combination of flexible filament and EVA foam for the undersuit, And it'll be less of a full intact cape and more of a beat up piece of fabric similar to the ghillie hood on Jun's patrol chestplate that just happens to drape over the back. A torn up cardigan should likely do the trick. I've already had a go with printing some tools and other non-scaled pieces on a Bambu X1C so over a long enough time of trial and error, this should be doable. Currently going through growing pains with Armorsmith but it's been immensely helpful overall and in staying organized.

Though I'm a stickler for proportion so if any piece looks "strange" or under/oversized then it's getting scrapped/remade.
I love the idea of the torn up cape on your armor, I was actually wanting to do a bit of a cloak on my armor too, and welcome to the costume making grind

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back