Status
Not open for further replies.

Cadet

Executive Officer
Division Staff
Community Staff
Member DIN
S111
Ladies and Gentleman of the MidWest Regiment, good afternoon. My name is James Ficker and I am your new Regiment Commanding Officer. I have been a member of this forum since 2007 and can remember when it was simply MJOLNIR Armor.com. I have always thought this website, this forum, this organization had a lot of potential. As such I am very excited to now be able to play a larger role in guiding this organization forward.

Ryan has agreed to remain on board as my Executive Officer and I am very glad

I know many of you do not know me, and might wonder what my qualifications are of being your CO. In addition to the time I have been on this forum, I have previously served on my local 501[SUP]st[/SUP] Garrison Command Staff for several years. In that time I organized events, both charitable and convention appearances, organized and distributed Public Relations material, served as the public face for the Garrison as the Public Relations Officer, and ran Social Media accounts. In that time I learned quite a great deal and gained a lot of experience, which I am excited to bring to the 405[SUP]th[/SUP].

I am a scientist by trade, and tend to have a very methodical and logical outlook to problem solving. I invite any and all of you to go into my profile and look back through my previous posts on general issues related to the 405[SUP]th[/SUP] and its future. I hope you will see that I tend to approach any problem by attempting to see and understand both, or all, points of view, and to then break down the problem as best as possible.

There were two big lessons I learned on my time on Previous Command Staffs that I would like to make the focus of my time as your RCO.

-Openness
I believe Transparency is key to helping an organization like this run smoothly, especially being as spread out as this Regiment is. I will always do my best to keep everyone informed as to what is going on behind the scenes, things like opportunities and decisions. Being Open fosters Trust, which is key in any organization. Command Staff has to earn and maintain the Trust of the membership. If you have questions, I want you to ask. I do not want you to assume. I have seen time and time again where assumptions have led to misunderstandings which led to hurt feelings, which led to poor decisions. All of which could have been avoided by simply asking for clarification in the first place.

-Professionalism
As it stands, the 405[SUP]th[/SUP] does not yet get to do many events. Although we in the MidWest did get to do one of the first Official 405[SUP]th[/SUP] Events in our appearance at the Florence Freedom minor league Baseball game last year. An event we were invited back to this year in part to do to the exemplary behavior of all our members in the course of the evening. If we can cultivate a reputation of professional behavior I know it will open more doors for this organization to do and contribute more out there in the field, as it where.
You have to be 18 years old to be a Member of the 405[SUP]th[/SUP], not just a Forum Member. I will treat everyone in this group like an adult, and I expect people to in return act like one to help us build a reputation for the 405[SUP]th[/SUP] as a whole as a go to group that can contribute to someone’s event.

Finally, since I was the only Candidate to accept their nomination, there was no official Q and A session. If you have questions, I want you to ask them here and I will answer them. Ideas or plans for the future, previous experiences, favorite color. Whatever, go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back