No More Costuming For Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nintendude

After thinking on it for a long time, I've decided to give up costuming, pepakura, model hunting, come the first of the year I'll either be giving away or selling all my costumes and props from my Slade to my H3 Marine which I plan to get soon for D*C, to my M7 SMG that I just finished off today. It's just gotten too old to continue doing this, I might stick around here to help people out with costuming troubles, but I'm totally finished with costuming and come the first of the year all my stuff is going and I'm not building anything anymore.

Aww quitting costuming? How long have you been doing this for it to get old? Well never the less I wish you luck on your future endeavours...your still coming to Dragoncon right?!

well sorry to hear that but its your choice and who knows maybe you just might make another in the years to come haha and I hope you do check in everynow and then i know you've been help to alot of members including me.

Oh come on! Keep going man! Don't just quit! I wanted to give up plenty of times now due to messing up things, but I'm still trying.
keep it up dude

Bro how can you say you are to old for this?

There are 50-60 year ols guys in the RPF doing this stuff. If its a medical problem or something, I can understand, but if you think you are "old" why don't you just collect props?

spartan I think he said costumings gotten old not himself, anyways best of luck vagabond in whatever other hobby comes to you next, BUT we definately need to hang out @ DragonCon this year

spartan I think he said costumings gotten old not himself, anyways best of luck vagabond in whatever other hobby comes to you next, BUT we definately need to hang out @ DragonCon this year

OHHHHH......OHH...OHH, that happens when I dont read stuff twice xD

NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! Say it isn't so that this is some delayed April fools joke. That your just pulling our legs. If it is to be then I wish you great fortune on all your future endeavors.

I'm quitting costuming partially because of my health,and partially because my family wants me to quit because my health is getting worse. I'm only 27 but I've been costuming now almost for 10 years, Papercrafting using resin and bondo to harden for about 8 of those year which half of that time I did'nt know to use a respirator so for about 4 years I was damaging my lungs and the rest of my health. Amancue and Monicator I look foward to meeting you both at D*C.

Noo!
Nintendude! D:

But, if it's your choice, so be it. Best of luck at whatever craft you take on in the future! You will be missed!
-Shadow

This is unaccpetable! You will be a HUGE loss to this forum. I myself have used/downloaded many of your files, and I can't believe you're stopping it all.

Good luck in whatever you choose to do next, an know that your skill and knowledge will be missed sorely from this community.

Duuuuuuuuuuuude :(
The forum's going to lose another of it's few veterans.....
And is this also in part due to 4-shared being all stupid? :(

And @ I Am Fuzzy Bear, if it was, I don't think it would be your problem, so dont get in too deep.... no offense intended =(

Nin, costuming can be done anytime & it can be made, broken & repaired easily. You only get one shot at your health so look after that first.
I'm sorry to see you leave, you've participated in an immense amount of projects & your experience & advice will be sorely missed.
Hopefully you'll drop in to the forums occasionally to say g'day. Even though I'm on the other side of the world, if you need anything, just give me a holler.

Take care champ.

Judge.

That's too bad, Nintendude. I can see where you're coming from, and I do think you should focus on your health. But to quit, entirely? It seems a bit... Rash. Even with its challenges, its ups and downs, and its negative side effects, Costuming is a fun hobby. It's something you've spent more than a third of your life doing. I don't understand how you can just up and drop it completely.

While I think it's a good idea to drop costuming until you recuperate from your health issues, I don't think it's something you should leave behind, entirely. You had - have - a great thing going for you, here, Nin. You're good at this. We all enjoy seeing your work. In the end, it's up to you, what you do with your life. But I hope you eventually return to the art. We'll all be waiting, if you decide to.

Have a good hiatus. ;P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back