ODST Cosplay WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsg6

Since I don't have a lot of pictures I will just be telling you about the process of making the ODST armor. Since my dad and I have no experience making halo armor we watched the ODST armor tutorial's by AndreDFT which helped us a lot. We started with the chest plates. It took us about 2 or 3 days to make them. (I don't remember its been over a month since this was started.) Once we finished the chest plates we started the helmet which took about 8 hours. Once the helmet was made we went on to the shoulder pads we had to cut them down a bit since they didn't have good mobility. After the shoulders were made we went onto the gauntlets which are a bit tight so we might have to remake them. We decided to make a radio based off of one from Halo 3 and Halo 3 ODST. Once that was finished we moved onto the Butt, Hip and Crotch plates easy compared to the rest of the armor. After that we went onto the thigh plates Pretty easy with the skills we acquired while we made the costume. Finally we started to make the Shin Plates about a day before we glued the Knee Pads onto the Shin Plates we made a helmet attachment from halo reaches upgraded ODST helmet with the extra head protection. After everything was made we glued and sealed we started painting at the time of this edit. Since we are using rustoleom paint we have to wait two days before its ready to paint again. Time for pepakura

Update: This thread is dead, but I did finish the armor I'm trying to get picks.

Last edited:
Ok right now I'm working on the chest armor since its the most important part of it

Photo on 8-14-16 at 3.47 PM.jpg thats it

Looking nice so far! Make sure to add extra glue/material to higher stress areas. Lean around and see where the armor snags on you, then reinforce both sides in that area. I like to use extra hot glue and a layer or two of cloth strips (cut from old tshirts) and lay them along the seams after putting a lot of glue down.

Photo on 8-16-16 at 2.30 PM #2.jpgnearly done with the helmet gonna get some clear plastic for the visor!

well ... not pictures right now but nearly finished. sorry for not updating

yes and I'm using pepakura to make a SMG too since I managed to download it on mac

- - - Updated - - -

for my age the magnum fits well though I will have to sand off the dart holders

Update: I've been able to find pictures of the armor after a while so I can show you the end product: IMG_1112.JPG IMG_1110.JPGIMG_1133.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back