ODST for my niece

Status
Not open for further replies.
something like this?:

Resized952017061195111358.jpg The one on the right........um......duh.......is my daughter in her ODSK....(Orbital Drop Shock Kitty), so doing an ODST in pink is very do-able in the time you have.

Another night of building and another step closer to the goal.

Seems like it might come together but then I keep remembering it's two of everything from this point on.

On a plus note, a fellow cosplay mate has offered his time and has started at the bottom of the build and we'll meet in the middle. Haha

Looking great so far. Really clean lines.

If I may make a suggestion.....add another piece of beveled foam along the bottom of the helmet, to close it off and cover the neck area a bit more. The opening is wide enough to do this......I know because I built the same. The beveling will round off the bottom rather than leaving it straight and bucket like. You'll have to free-hand this piece but from what I've seen of your work, great job BTW!!!!!, you can do it easily.

If I may make a suggestion.....add another piece of beveled foam along the bottom of the helmet, to close it off and cover the neck area a bit more. The opening is wide enough to do this......I know because I built the same. The beveling will round off the bottom rather than leaving it straight and bucket like. You'll have to free-hand this piece but from what I've seen of your work, great job BTW!!!!!, you can do it easily.
Cheers for the advice,

Struggling to visualise what you mean for the helmet though. Really up for cleaning up the helmets lines but I don't suppose you have a picture of what you mean do you? Would be a great help.

Cheers for the advice,

Struggling to visualise what you mean for the helmet though. Really up for cleaning up the helmets lines but I don't suppose you have a picture of what you mean do you? Would be a great help.

I hope this gives you an idea of what I'm talking about..........: This is a lower ring attachment of the same helmet. Notice that the inner piece is beveled a bit so it rounds off the bottom inward.

attachment.jpg

Looks great Joffersmk2!! In regards to the helmet.....have your niece try it on for sizing. Andrew's Sm and Lg sizing is way off. For my 12 year old I had to go w/ the "adult" size which was the larger of the 2. And it just barely fit. For a true fit for her, I think I would have to size it up 10% larger. No shot that it would fit an adult....more like 20%+ to make it fit. Take a look at her ODSK: Everything fit ok but the helmet was a bit small. Here nose was right up against the visor. And by the way....think your daughter in the oversize armor is hysterical.

405th18.jpg

Thanks Dirtdives, yeah I did a fitting on my niece yesterday actually and it does seem a bit tight. I'm gonna heat it to within an inch of its life(hopefully without burning it) then try and cram it on my head to stretch it out a little. If the eva holds it should give her a bit more room. If not, I'd have probably redone it anyway.

The build part is complete now, assuming I'm not redoing the helmet that is.....

Here it is in its glory, warts and all haha.

Plastidip arrives friday and I'm waiting on my first airbrush this week too.....oooooh airbrush......not a clue how to use one but I'm sure it'll be fun finding out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back