Status
Not open for further replies.

OTSDerpy

Friends! Cohorts! I have good news, I have begun process of the "MK II." So far I have completed the torso piece of a file from vidofnir234 on the Halo 4 pack. My process so far. Pepakura has been very helpful than the last build, though that doesn't mean I wont use the same techniques from time to time.

Torso 01.jpg Torso 02.jpg Torso 03.jpg

Last edited:
Looks great!

Looking forward to seeing the final product and to see how you run with it.
What colour scheme you thinking of rolling with? Not 100% certain on what i want for my ODST yet haha

Nice work though man

JD

Shoulders just got done! Did one last night until 12:30am, and just got done with the other one. Applied some Dap to sand down and make it smooth.

IMG_7716.jpg

Looks great!

Looking forward to seeing the final product and to see how you run with it.
What colour scheme you thinking of rolling with? Not 100% certain on what i want for my ODST yet haha

Nice work though man

JD

It's going to be the color scheme of Grey and Yellow.

Last edited:
Forearms are done, well, to be honest, they were done a few months ago, I just added the dap.
Forearm 01.jpg

While the Mk I took me about 2 months, the Mk II took me only 2 days to completely build the helmet. Good progress so far, and when I cut out the visor template from the printing, it matched! so that's good news! Something the Mk I wasn't able to do. I had to MAKE a template for the visor.

attachment.jpg

This process took me about 3 hours yesterday to make, and I was over 1/4 done.

attachment.jpg

This took me around 4 more hours to make, and it's smaller compared to my Mk I helmet, but that's because the visor isn't elongated and is correctly fitted.

Here's the photo of the helmet painted. Though there was some bleeding from the tape, but I'll reprint the area to cover it. Sorry I haven't uploaded in a while, got busy moving into the new place.

IMG_8121.JPG IMG_8123.JPG IMG_8124.JPG IMG_8125.JPG

Got the helmet all weathered now with chrome and white highlights. The white highlights should really bring them out in photo shoots.

IMG_8161.JPG
IMG_8162.JPG
IMG_8163.JPG

Last edited:
Just got the finishing touches done on the helmet. "ODST MK II" helmet is complete. I have made some great progress since my last helmet. But I'm going to take a break on the ODST to work on another project that's gotta be done before February. But I'll pickup and continue once the other project is done. ^^

IMG_8172.JPG
IMG_8170.JPG
IMG_8167.JPG

So I continued a bit with the gauntlets, all I need to do is prim and paint them. Even then I'm still gonna add something as a finishing touch, like reflective tape.
IMG_8269.JPG

Painted and weathered. Added some reflective tape for more effect. Looked goofy until I weathered it, then it looked awesom.

3B6EF61D-C8ED-47C4-85EA-BFAF412EF778.jpeg

I like your progress so far, especially the helmet and the chestpiece. I just have to quick questions: What did you use to seal the foam because i am using PlastiDip and on my old pieces it was looking kinda bad (maybe because i just used one coat of PlastiDip) and how did you manage to get that ODST visor so well done, because after i finished my Scout Helmet from Reach i maybe want to start building an ODST helmet as some sort of alternative helmet but i have no idea how to do that visor so any help or advice would be very apreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back