Props Halo weapon props

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaiganBoi

Sr Member
I haven't even started on my own armour yet and I'm working on another weapon. In another thread that I posted, I am working on a Silenced Magnum from H3 ODST. Keeping with same theme I have now started with the SMG from the same game. Once again I am using a template made by AndrewDFT.

IMAG0867.jpg

IMAG0869.jpg

After curing out my shapes I put them together to make sure things lined up. Looks like my templates shifted cuz I had some trimming to do.

IMAG0870.jpg

IMAG0871.jpg

As people who work with foam floor mats know, the material is not exactly very a very stiff. I cut some grooves and glued in some dowels to make skeleton to keep this puppy from flopping around.

Looks promising, considering you already made that awesome magnum! I never thought of dowels, thats a pretty neat idea for stiffening up layers of thick eva foam. Smart! I'll be stealing that idea if i ever build something using mostly floor mats again. Goodluck!

Looks promising, considering you already made that awesome magnum! I never thought of dowels, thats a pretty neat idea for stiffening up layers of thick eva foam. Smart! I'll be stealing that idea if i ever build something using mostly floor mats again. Goodluck!

Glad to be of service. (y)

IMAG0874.jpg

UPDATE: it seems my can of contact cement has coagulated and turned into a ball of snot. So here is a photo of the SMG mocked up. I am using a cardboard tube for the suppressor and will wrap it in 2mm craft foam . I am deviating from AndrewDFT's design. Instead of scoring the foam and heating it to make details, I will use 2mm foam for this. I will also add a rail on the top and place the hole scope on it.

IMAG0877.jpg

UPDATE : finally got some contact cement and started assembly. Still need to bevel the edges around the stock. Add details to grips, add trigger and trigger guard. Also make rails and holo scope then, build suppressor. Still gots lots to do.

It's past 3 am. Need sleep. Then more building!

Wow. I got a lot accomplished today. Worked on my magnum and this one as well. Today was getting layers beveled and detailed. My cuts with my knife were pretty sloppy but, thanks to my handy dandy rotary tool I was able to smooth things out.
IMAG0880.jpg
IMAG0881.jpg
IMAG0882.jpg

20170225_203130.jpg
20170225_203215.jpg

Not much of an update. I haven't had much time to work on this. I just managed to get a trigger guard in. The suppressor isn't in securely yet. The second pic is the start of what will eventually be rails on the top for me to place the holo sight.

Nice! I've always wanted to do a foam prop, but I've got so much other stuff on my plate.
I'll be doing a foam DMR, and I really like your iron sight idea! I'll steal that idea, if you don't mind. :D

20170226_012508.jpg
20170226_020940.jpg

It's 2 am and I have another update. As I have mentioned I am using AndrewDFT's templates. At this point I have customized to make it my own. I made my own Holo sight from scratch and mad some rails to go along the top of the SMG.
20170226_021156.jpg

Nothing has been glued on here but I couldn't resist taking a photo of the rails and sight in place.

ok, I'm not just stealing 1 or 2 things......I'M TAKING IT ALL!!!!!!!! Great prop build dude. FANTASTIC!!!

I haven't been able to work on this since the weekend. I have a lot of ideas going through my mind on how to proceed. One idea is to be able to remove/interchange the sight and suppressor. I want to attach the holo sight via magnets as well as the suppressor. As well with the suppressor I was thinking of being able to switch it out with a muzzle break, flash suppressor or stubby barrel.this way it would look more akin to the SMG in H2.
The other idea was to attach a quick release swivel so I could connect a single point swing to it. But, where would I place it?
Would anyone know where to get some rare earth magnets that would ship to Canada? I checked my local hardware stores and no one sells them.

You might want to check some of Canada's larger chain home improvement stores.....TSC, ACE, Canadian Hardware & Tools, Home Hardware Stores.......depends on your location. Now Home Depot does ship to Canada.....but just for magnets? I would do a bit more research for locations near you rather than having it shipped. Or find a "local" location that ships like this one. Or here.

Okay. Nothing really to update again. Haven't touched the SMG at all. Good news is I managed to get my hands on some rare earth magnets. So now I can make my sight and suppressor removable and be able to attach a different barrel or whatnot.

It would be a good idea that after you embed the magnets, take some felt or craft foam and glue that on top to keep the magnet from potentially popping out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back