ODST Spartans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPRTNBD50

Ever thought of it....an ODST Spartan. Ever since Reach came out, we know that there are attachments for ODSTs like:

ODST helmet
Left ODST Shoulder Attachment
Right ODST Shoulder Attachment
ODST Torso Attachment

So why not? Say an ODST who has a higher Ranking that normal ODSTs, or Augmented ODSTs. I would make a suit if I had the time :L but as a concept...one should look like this:
165262_1677196783625_1648670293_1594633_2912955_n.jpg

Bahhh.....I chose yellow cuz I likeys itz!!

Just from a realistic standpoint...it looks like the Spartan wearing that armor that you posted wouldn't be able to properly hold a rifle due to the bulkiness

All Halo armor is like that. Any helmet keeps you from getting your eye level with the sights on the rifle. And I can't speak for Spartans because I've never worn their armor, but in ODST armor, it's very difficult to pull the gun properly into your shoulder, the chestplate and shoulder armor get in the way. The only way I could make it work was pulling the rifle butt into my bicep; very awkward and unnatural, and it makes you chicken-wing REAL bad.

Thats why the spartan dosent need to shoulder anything, its a spartan. They can one hand a sniper, upside down, on a mongoose in mid flight. Thats impressive since the sniper is basically a 14mm cannon or something.

I have a few ODST spartan figures that I bought. The only thing they wear is the ODST helmet, the rest is Spartan armor.

halo: the fall of reach, they have been like that since(sp?) John-117 beat the sh!t out of those 3 ODSTs following thier augmentations.

Aboard the UNSC Carrier Atlas, John-117 had a confrontational moment with four ODSTs in the ship's gym. John had removed a pin from the weights at the bench press, and forgot to put it back. The ODSTs walked into the gym and went straight to the bench press. The weights fell and almost crushed one of the soldiers' feet. A fight ensued and John killed three of the ODSTs and severely injured the other. Ever since then, relations between the Spartans and the ODSTs have been tensed and uneasy.[6][13] However, this does not seem to stop them from working to their utmost efficiency during the Battle of Installation 05 and Battle of Installation 00.[10]

From the WIKI....I can see how that might start a fight :p

From the books when John-117 was working on Halo the ODST's there wanted nothing to do with him. In face the one area where he and the ODST commander were speaking the commander lays it out that he despises the spartans as freaks of nature. This trend is carried through out the books so can not see in any way that ODST and Spartans are friends in any form.

true, though never shown in combat, as spartans are known to boost morale with thier very presence, opinions can travel rather quickley in a future like halo.

Aboard the UNSC Carrier Atlas, John-117 had a confrontational moment with four ODSTs in the ship's gym. John had removed a pin from the weights at the bench press, and forgot to put it back. The ODSTs walked into the gym and went straight to the bench press. The weights fell and almost crushed one of the soldiers' feet. A fight ensued and John killed three of the ODSTs and severely injured the other. Ever since then, relations between the Spartans and the ODSTs have been tensed and uneasy.[6][13] However, this does not seem to stop them from working to their utmost efficiency during the Battle of Installation 05 and Battle of Installation 00.[10]

From the WIKI....I can see how that might start a fight :p

Spartans are Navy and ODSTs are marines, in the books at least the two dont seem to get along nicely

Spartans are Navy and ODSTs are marines, in the books at least the two dont seem to get along nicely

Wouldn't surprise me. The Marine Corps is a department of the Navy and their top dog is in our chain of command. We're the branch with the least amount of funding and gear, and the gear we do get sometimes is the broke*** shtuff the Navy doesn't want. But the Navy and Corps will come together and pick on the Air Force occasionally :p

When I was in we looked at the Navy as the guys that get us to where we need to go to kill things. It was more integrated when my Dad was in, they had Marines guarding the weapons and payload on Navy ships back then. Nowadays you generally see Marines on ships only when they come aboard to take you to the brig.

But ask just about any Marine about Navy Corpsman and you'll probably get the same answer. We love having those guys around in a fight.

Once when I was tasked to go aboard the USS Stennis off the coast of Alaska I met a real life Master Chief that volunteered to get dumped in the water in a dry suit. He treaded water for 30 minutes in some crazy temps like -5 degrees or something (look it up) and they had a whole "man overboard" training exercise centered around him. They used the event to train the rescue helo, the flight deck crew, and the medical department. When he came aboard he was shaking like he was hypothermic but after they said the drill was over turns out he was faking it the whole time. He just talked about how bored he was the whole time. Those guys REALLY are badass in real life.

GEESUZ!!! Calm down brothers and sisters(if there is any on this thread)....I read but have never read any Halo Books/Novel.....cuz there like Fast internet here....RARE!!! I would buy it online, but I got no monees :( Besides.....if they don't get along, why are ODSTs armor in the Spartan selections? Oh...and why won't John-117 whip A$$ES of the marines(Normal ones) that follow him :/

Just because is issued mainly to the ODST's dose not mean that it can't be used by a spartan.

And Game wise, it looks cool.

There is no real reason why a Spartan would wear an ODST style helmet in favour of the default MkVI. In fact, there's no reason why Spartans should wear different types of helmets at all if you think about it. It's generally just explained away that the ODST helmet would give a Spartan better survivability during an HEV drop or something.

Most things that function in Sci-Fi do so because of 'Rule of Cool'.
And because it's totally Badass.

The same applies to any permutations of the traditional Spartan MJOLNIR armour.

Any fellow TVTropers will know what I'm talking about here :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back