OFFICIAL: Membership Requirements and Rules of Conduct

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masterchief0624

Member DIN
S124
Membership Requirements:

Contact Myself and/or AugmentedHuman013, through a private message,
Join the 405th Southern Regiment Facebook group (and list your profile/username in the member list), or
Message the official Facebook page, and give your profile/username.

Must be currently located in one of our member states
Areas we cover:

• Alabama, USA
  • Arkansas, USA
  • Florida, USA
  • Georgia, USA
  • Kentucky, USA
  • Louisiana, USA
  • Mississippi, USA
  • North Carolina, USA
  • South Carolina, USA
  • Tennessee, USA
  • Virginia, USA
  • West Virginia, USA

Major convention examples:

• Dragon Con
  • Florida Supercon

​Rules of Conduct

Originally Posted by Art Andrews View Post

As with all of our communities, we have a unified Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines. We do this to help ensure consistency between our communities since so many of you are members on more than one of our sites.

Please carefully read over all three documents.

http://moviepropsites.com/about/community-guidelines/

http://moviepropsites.com/about/terms-of-use/

http://moviepropsites.com/about/privacy-policy/

If for any reason you cannot agree to follow these documents, please let us know so we can close your account. If we have not heard from you within 14 days of this posting, you are agreeing to follow these new guidelines.

*If for any reason, you feel that there is something amiss in these documents or that conflicts with a previous rule here on the 405th, please feel free to bring it to our attention. With that being said, these rules supersede all previous rules and Terms of Use.

In addition to forum guidelines, all 405th Southern members must abide by additional rules of conduct when at cons and events. Failure to abide by these rules may result in removal and barring from future 405th events.

When Appearing in 405th Capacity

343i has specified that they do not wish to put any guidelines to our behavior as they enjoy the spontaneity and humor that unofficial costumers can provide. However, there are several internal guidelines members should abide by:

• Be courteous and respectful of fellow fans and costumers
  • Do not handle another person's props/costumes without their permission
  • No 405th member is obligated to participate in any photoshoot they do not wish to be a part of
  • Do not solicit 343i or any other organization for free items, line priority, event entry, etc.

Gathering organizers may at times ask 343i to set aside posters, etc. for members busy with a photoshoot. Please designate one representative speak to 343i for these situations instead of coming up individually. We HAVE had complaints from 343i in the past about 405th members feeling they were owed items/"convention swag" for being in costume. In order to maintain good relations with 343i, this rule will be strictly enforced and any members found using their costumes in an attempt to gain special privileges will not be welcome at future 405th events. 343i already gives us many gifts and considerations of their own accord and it is rude to keep asking for more. If you are here for special perks, you are here for the wrong reasons.

When Appearing in Official 343i Capacity

343i occasionally invites us to be on stage at conventions or to be an official part of their booth. During those times we are representatives of 343i and must abide by their "Spartan rules" which include the following:

• Act in a professional and 'Spartan' manner
  • No overly aggressive poses.
  • No submissive poses
  • No "Victory Crouching"/Teabagging
  • No pointing guns at fans, 'assassination' photos, hostage photos, etc. Tasteful pictures only.
  • Spartans may NOT remove their helmet. Spartans must exit the official area if they require a break. ODSTs and Marines are allowed to remove helmets.
  • When backstage at a panel, lights must be turned off or covered and noise devices disabled so as not to distract from the panel.
  • Do not harass special guests.

As the 405th is an evolving organization, please note that these requirements are subject to change. This thread will be updated appropriately.

I know that this is quite the necrothread, but how do these rules apply, in particular regarding appearances at 343i booths, to cloth costumes? I assume it's just "carry yourself like an officer", but I wanted to get an official ruling just in case it ever comes up (if it hasn't already)

Keep yourself respectful and act like an officer. No obscene gestures in picture and generally. When your at an event especially when in costume you are a ambassador for the Halo franchise and the 405th.

Last edited:
Kriptonic I am not sure about LexCon as a Major convention. There are a few like DragonCon that I would consider Major.

Also, we will add you to the regiment once you have reached your minimum post count of 50 posts and 90 days. Also please avoid necroposting or posting on old outdated threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back