Questions on first set of armor. (Preliminary ques.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whisper

Hello all. I am a recent new member, and I wanted to ask some questions regarding my suit (that I will one day make) specifically. I am a rather skinny guy (5'9", 132 lbs with almost no muscle to show for it,) should I just make a set of female Spartan armor and go with that, or be the skinniest Spartan who ever lived? Also, any pointers or advice you may have would be excellent, and I will read through the threads as I can.

Thank you,
Spartan Whisper.

I would incorporate an undersuit into the armor with foam like this
.This is how I will be making all my suits from now on(well sort of) I'm currently working on this as we speak, hoping mine allows much more movement then this example. But same concept. Impact props does this on their builds too they also incorporate the shoulder muscles into the chest. Hope this helps

Last edited:
Doing anything will make you heat or possibly overheat, so keep that in mind.

Most people use EVA foam for the abs section. Lost Viking did amazing job on his Reach build and he used upholstery foam.

However, it doesn't matter if you use EVA foam or upholstery foam - BOTH will make you very warm.
And later Lost Viking actually got rid of the undersuit-pants and changed them to be included on the thigh armor because it got ridiculously hot.

Also, upholstery foam is much more flexible than EVA foam, so it might be better for movement you need on abs section.

This is how it looks with armor on.

12985469_10207831860687139_5790433979066303089_n.jpg

This is how it looks without armor on.

1916071_10207622149364487_7903696207366880658_n.jpg

But also with everything you need to be aware that also that undersuit part can always go "out" from underneath the armor.

12968014_10153452463731128_1264835561554042873_o.jpg

Here is without the "pants", reworked into thigh armor.

14257577_1414607628554232_8940789057681613122_o.jpg

Hello all. I am a recent new member, and I wanted to ask some questions regarding my suit (that I will one day make) specifically. I am a rather skinny guy (5'9", 132 lbs with almost no muscle to show for it,) should I just make a set of female Spartan armor and go with that, or be the skinniest Spartan who ever lived? Also, any pointers or advice you may have would be excellent, and I will read through the threads as I can.

Thank you,
Spartan Whisper.
Almost seems as if the torso has some part that are broken or it just has stackable parts.

serenko3 where did you get your undersuit? It helped with this problem right? How hot did it get during DragonCon? I don't remember you and Chris complaining too much.... Sorry I don't actually have the answers lol but I know Serenko3 will know!!!

Thank you,
Spartan Whisper.

If you want my advice, do whatever works for you. I sort of deal with the same problem. I'm 5'11" and weigh 138 lbs. my hip to waist ratio is like .7, so if I wore either armor people would either assume I'm a really skinny guy or a woman. For me, I just think making the armor is more fun than what other people will think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back