Reach Armor - Procrastination Style

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redheadwolf

Hello all!

After making a H3 Mk VI suit in March, I've been wanting to make a Reach suit. Of course, I decided to start it about a month before PAX West. I learned a lot from my previous build, and hell, I've learned a lot already on this one.

I started with the shins and legs, using hot glue, but after that I started using Gorilla Glue for for the rest, with hot glue as backing, which has made everything waaaay cleaner looking and faster.
20904536_1616083375103302_1338137546_o.jpg FrontProgress01.png SideProgress01.png

I'm afraid my chest piece is too small like my last build, but I'm still not quite done with it. :unsure:

It looks like you did a good job with making the body size female (In Reach there is a pretty clear difference between Male and Female Spartans) But yes, the chest section looks awkwardly small.

It looks like you did a good job with making the body size female (In Reach there is a pretty clear difference between Male and Female Spartans) But yes, the chest section looks awkwardly small.
Thank you for your honesty! As soon as I finish the other pieces up, I'll have to see what I can do! I think the biggest problem is I have to remember that proportions wise, I have a pretty long torso, which throws off some numbers lol.

Thank you for your honesty! As soon as I finish the other pieces up, I'll have to see what I can do! I think the biggest problem is I have to remember that proportions wise, I have a pretty long torso, which throws off some numbers lol.

If I could make a suggestion, in that case?

Find one of those big rolls of paper (like this), lay it out, and have someone trace you. then you can draw the size of the chest onto your outline and can that way "preview" what it will look like <3

If I could make a suggestion, in that case?

Find one of those big rolls of paper (like this), lay it out, and have someone trace you. then you can draw the size of the chest onto your outline and can that way "preview" what it will look like <3
That's a good idea!

Reactions: Kat
Good stuff! Making great progress. Which shin template did you use? I've used the foam one from the armory but found it to be quite large in the back (like I've got super big calves)...I might have to put foam on the inside to pad them out a bit. Keep up the good work...looking forward to more posts! (y)

Good stuff! Making great progress. Which shin template did you use? I've used the foam one from the armory but found it to be quite large in the back (like I've got super big calves)...I might have to put foam on the inside to pad them out a bit. Keep up the good work...looking forward to more posts! (y)
Haha yeah that's the template I used. I'm glad it's not just me then. I might remake them since they seem so awkwardly shaped! Padding might work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back