Resins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there right and wrong resins? I PMed a Q&A person, but I"m too impatient to wait for an answer (please dont hurt me heh). This is the resin that I bought
resin.jpg
I just dont know if it's a "wrong" resin since it sayss "finish coat" on it. Another reason I ask is because i dont feel warmth when it's spread onto the fiber glass.

As long as you purchase a polyester based resin (general purpose fiberglass resin), you will be fine ;)
It sounds like you forgot to add the resin hardener, if you dont add hardener, your fiberglass will never cure =(

Be sure to send any questions you have to the question/answer team, or you can pm me if you have any problems.
This question could also have been found in the stickies.

Good luck on your project, i hope all goes well =D

-FSS

there two differnt kinds of resins....

regular resin...which is what you shoudl be using

and sanding resin...which is used as a "top coat" which you can get very gloassy. its what gives a surfboard its smoothness....

try NOT to use this.

you wont feel it getting very warm, its on a minute scale, maybe 3-5 degree change. wanna experiment, dump the whole tube in the little bit you use, itll get hot. trust me.

lol dont do it though, its expensive. just mix 9-10 drops per ounce, you should be fine.

and also, pm the Q&A team members that are online. we also get emails.

Status
Not open for further replies.