SciFiValley Con 2017

Discussion in 'Colonial Regiment' started by Ashuraa, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Ashuraa

Ashuraa Judicial Officer Division Staff 405th Regiment Officer

Guys. Hold on buying your tickets. We are being comped several from the promoter. Like a min of 10 at this point.

2. Dirtdives

Dirtdives

Whoo-hoo!!! Freebies!!!

3. Kusak3

Kusak3

Dont worry we will be doing it again next year. Being it is in Ashuraa and my back yard so to speak we have decided that Sci Fi is the con that we will put our focus on for her and I each year. For her and I it is more of a working con being this year we are involved with the display tables and have the 405th tables as well. Going to be fun but I am going to be one tired ODST after it is over. Not to mention I am questioning how much time I am going to have to crawl into my own armor and roam around

4. Dirtdives

Dirtdives

Whats the word on the comps?

5. Kusak3

Kusak3

My understanding is 10 freebie tickets that we will have access to. The plan up front is still to put those in the hands of the people that are signed up to help with the demo tables first being for however long they volunteer they will be working. If we have multiple people from single house holds IE husband wife teams that volunteer to help we will try to pick off at least one ticket per household first. On the good side SCI Fi is not an expensive con to get into.

Getting INFO out of Casey the organizer of SCI Fi is often more an operation of us sending an ODST strike team backed up with a Spartan or Two and at least one ONI operative to handle interrogation. And it generally requires truth drugs and water boarding.

MepeS11 and Dirtdives like this.
  6. serenko3

serenko3 405th Regiment Officer

LOL you have us rolling. He is something else trying to get information out of him for our other groups.

MepeS11 likes this.
  7. serenko3

As of right now I should be at SCI FI Saturday and Sunday and would like one of those free tickets if possible.

MepeS11 likes this.
  8. serenko3

Kusak3 do you have a template in mind for weapons racks or would you like to use my template for a UNSC dive locker.

9. Kusak3

Kusak3

Yes Krissy noticed a weapons rack in one video of an A frame style rack that she likes. It is basically 2 A frames linked together. I need to put together a concept drawing of it just for reference but should be easy enough 2 door hinges a couple short sections of chain. 6 1x4x8's of a decent quality Some paint and a dowel rod or 2 to make pins to hang weapons on.

10. Ashuraa

Ashuraa Judicial Officer Division Staff 405th Regiment Officer

serenko3 if you can send us the dive locker as well. I would love to have a look at it.

MepeS11 likes this.
  11. Harri51

Harri51

I love Freebies... oh happy day.

12. serenko3

as of right now I don't have the cash to build one out of sheet metal at the moment. I can however give the dimensions.

MepeS11 likes this.
  13. MepeS11

MepeS11

Oh look, I can actually post now

Dirtdives likes this.
  14. MepeS11

MepeS11

Last edited: Jun 5, 2017
  15. Dirtdives

Dirtdives

You are going to have to be a little bit more informative for those of us that didn't see Casey's post....(Who is Casey?)

MepeS11 likes this.
  16. MepeS11

MepeS11

Last edited: Jun 5, 2017
  17. MepeS11

MepeS11

"I made a deal with Lockheed Martin to donate building materials to a certain local Star Wars group and have been helping promote their local charity convention just to discover today that they are cancelling their appearance at Sci-Fi Valley Con after being told months ago to expect them there.

I think I'm just about done trying to work with these groups. All they want to do is play politics and favorites and burn bridges.

They would rather walk in a parade instead of supporting their local convention of 6,000 attendees. They say they'd rather focus on charity and then also turn me away when I offer to donate money for the kids.

Clearly, the appearance of helping kids in more important than monetary donations that could actually help them.

Needless to say, there are people at Lockheed Martin who are pissed that they donated materials and manpower to deliver it, just to find out it was all a waste."

The above was Casey's original post about it...

18. Dirtdives

Dirtdives

Makes me want to run right out and join the 501st.........think I'll stick to halo.

MepeS11 likes this.
  19. MepeS11

MepeS11

My thoughts exactly!!!!!!

Dirtdives likes this.
  20. Dirtdives

Dirtdives

Politics ruin all the fun. Why can't they attend both functions or the one of their own choice? Isn't the Rebel Legion a sub division of the 501st and not subject to those stricter rules of engagement?

MepeS11 likes this.
  21. MepeS11

MepeS11

I know it's stupid! and I thought so too, but apparently they are getting just as bad as the 501st with the politics....

22. Kusak3

Kusak3

Not to be a grump. And considering one of my co workers and a person I consider a friend is a 501st guy. Believe me I hear about the issues and his hatred of the politics and he is working his way toward coming to join us here in the 405th. And Caseys feelings are very valid we noticed how poorly rebel legion did last year at sci fi being present. But anyhow back to my point we have former and current 501st/rebel legion/mandos/etc personal here in the 405th lets try to keep issues with the 501st/rebel legion/mandos/etc and their internal issues out of our pleasant little world not really our business. And I know any of us who have 501st/etc friends hear about the issues when we get together to talk our fandoms.

501st/Rebel legion/mandos are always welcome to hang out with us. Thanks Mepes11 for trying to help those who want to come out with giving them some cover and they are welcome to hang out around us they are just like us just from a different universe and we are brothers and sisters in our love of our worlds.

But let us not get involved with the issues of their politics and talking about them in our forums anymore than we must.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
  23. MepeS11

MepeS11

I could give two craps about their politics or issues, just was trying to give a heads up, next time I guess wont. I'm not bashing the 501st, just stating what happened bc of their own polices....which I don't necessarily agree with, but it's their own doing, if they take offense to anything I said they need to maybe look into it. Not my group, not my problem, but I am seriously sick of being talked down to by a few people in the 405th forum so I'm done with it. I'm not getting back on the forums.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
  24. Dirtdives

Dirtdives

Ok this took a very weird turn.............

25. Kusak3

Kusak3

Weird is the statement of the day. Anyhow moving on.