scizor112's Spartan III WIP (First Project) [Uber Pic Heavy]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its a fantastic back story! Good to see more people actually creating a Spartan, instead of just armor. Everything is looking nice btw. Can't wait to see more!

Thanks man! I'm pretty creative and I want to be able to say more than just "hey, look at this cool armor I made." I'm likely going to add strips of leather to the end of the assassination knife as a sort of "tassel" made from the hide of the first Sangheili my character assassinated, as well as a few other things to help create situations where I can tell my story. I'm always glad to hear compliments on my work.

I would be Pepping the other Hand Plate now, but I got up late this morning and ran off to school without my hot glue gun *facepalm* and my scissors *double facepalm* so that's going to have to wait until tonight or tomorrow. I guess that means I have an hour to get all of my story concepts organized! Should be more pics by Saturday.

It your character is an exiled spartan III, why would he be on reach? All the spartan III's were trained on Onyx... jk, I'm just giving you a hard time ;) . Love the build though. I really enjoy the custom armors. Gives this forum a large variety of armor building possibilities not seen with the run-of-the-mill MC's and ODSTs. Keep up the awesome work!!!

It your character is an exiled spartan III, why would he be on reach? All the spartan III's were trained on Onyx... jk, I'm just giving you a hard time ;) .

Yeah, I'm getting to that lol. I need to just sit down and write rather than think about it too much. That's how I do all my best storytelling. BTW, does anybody know a free site to host a finished block of text? Or should I just start a Blog for that and link to it?

Fudz073 said:
Love the build though. I really enjoy the custom armors. Gives this forum a large variety of armor building possibilities not seen with the run-of-the-mill MC's and ODSTs. Keep up the awesome work!!!

Thanks! I figured that if I was going to start something I may as well build it the way I want it. No offense to anyone building MC or an ODST, as they are essential and bad@$$ parts of the Halo-verse, but I feel like it would be kind of redundant if I built one. That and Reach was my favorite of the Halo games thus far. I'm definitely going to be working on my project a lot this weekend, I finally got all that homework done and I only have one class today. It's straight home after this!

this is freakin awesome so far man, keep up the graeat work and i can't wait to see some more proress
btw nice Metallica shirt =D another Metallica fan!!!!! finally

this is freakin awesome so far man, keep up the graeat work and i can't wait to see some more proress
btw nice Metallica shirt =D another Metallica fan!!!!! finally

Thank you! Metallica FTW! I wish I had worked more on the armor last night, but all I managed to do was get the other Handplate Pepped. I just didn't really feel like Pepping at 1:30 in the morning. However I did work some on my backstory! I'm on information overload and have so many ideas to go with it, but I'll give you guys a little taste. Enjoy the first paragraph:

They were going to terminate me. I was always unique from the other Spartan-III’s of Beta Company. I had been illegally augmented with the drug 009762-OO, which turned my already “hair trigger” aggressive response into more of a “molecule trigger” response. To counter this enhancement when it is undesired, regular doses of 009127-PX and 009927-DG must be taken to avoid uncontrollable aggression. However, I would often skip doses, partly because I despise injections, but mostly due to the fact that I quite enjoy the rage state. That’s right, I performed the procedure myself. The UNSC didn’t mind too much when they found out, simply because my job was to destroy anything and everything that got in my path, and I was good at my job. I was one of the few of Beta Company to be assigned to a “non-combat” role before Operation: TORPEDO in 2545. Other than receiving MJOLNIR Armor, I wish I hadn’t been.

I hope it's not too Farfetch'd. XD

I hope it's not too Farfetch'd. XD

Sounds good to me!! Don't want to toot my own horn, but I'm very familiar with the halo story line concerning all the books. So, I feel there is potential with your character. Does the back story give you extra motivation to work on your build?

Sounds good to me!! Don't want to toot my own horn, but I'm very familiar with the halo story line concerning all the books. So, I feel there is potential with your character. Does the back story give you extra motivation to work on your build?

Hey, thanks for reading! I don't own any of the books but the Halo Wiki is an extremely helpful source when writing it. Even though I'm more familiar with the games than anything else, I really want my character to stay as consistent with the happenings of the Halo-verse as possible. I guess it kinda helps me with motivation, but I mostly decided to write the story so I could do something related to my build when I don't feel like Pepping. That and I want to be able to have something awesome to tell people at Cons and such. And I guess a small part of it includes wanting to look busy in Writing class lol.

I'm also majoring in Media Informatics and plan on getting a career in Game Design, so it's really good practice for me.

P.S. I have this friend locally and we are in a constant competition to see who is the bigger Halo nerd. I think I'm winning :cool

You're build has come along ways since I last seen it. And I have to say it's looking great.

P.S. I have this friend locally and we are in a constant competition to see who is the bigger Halo nerd. I think I'm winning :cool

Unless your friend has his own suit, you are definitely winning. That's what I keep telling mine anyway...;)

thorn696 said:
You're build has come along ways since I last seen it. And I have to say it's looking great.

Thank you kind sir! I've managed to do some more Pep work, but I think I'm going to have to chock this piece up to a practice piece. It's too long by about 20mm, kinda warped, and with the Bicep on I can barely bend my arm.

100_0149.jpg

100_0150.jpg

100_0151.jpg

Cardboard to keep Shape
100_0154.jpg

Too big... (It's nearly completely over my wrist in this shot)
100_0156.jpg

Anyways, I've printed a smaller piece and will be working on it later today.

Fudz073 said:
Unless your friend has his own suit, you are definitely winning. That's what I keep telling mine anyway...

That's what I keep saying as well!

Update! So I ran out of white Cardstock, but luckily I was able to find a crapload of colored stuff; most of my Peps from now on are gonna be colorful! I got a new Forearm piece Pepped last night, and this one is the right size. I would've taken a picture of the full arm with the Bicep on but I kinda forgot since I had just woke up.

100_0178.jpg

100_0179.jpg

100_0181.jpg

Kinda Wonky. But I think I can fix it when I glass everything.
100_0182.jpg

100_0183.jpg

Once again, Cardboard.
100_0184.jpg

IT FITS!
100_0186.jpg

I should be doing the other Forearm and Bicep, as well as finishing up the Chest Piece this week. Also, I think I'm gonna have to get a job so I can afford the Resin, Undersuit, etc.

The Backstory is coming along nicely, I'll post it on a Blog or something for your reading pleasure when it's finished.

Man, that is looking great! I cant wait to see what else is coming along...

and btw I like your backstory

keep it up!

Hmmm... A multi colored Spartan. Very interesting to see when it's all pepped out lol. Keep it up! Hopefully I'll be able to catch up to you eventually lol

Thanks guys! So I tried the whole arm on last night and the Bicep was too big; I could hardly bend my arm. I've made a smaller one and it fits perfectly. I know I said that I was gonna finish up the Chest and other arm, but after about another hour I need another break from the chest - it's so freaking detailed I'm gonna cry! Instead, I'm Pepping my Commando Shoulder Pauldron. BTW, I love that shoulder - it's big, bulky and magical! I'll upload pics of the new Bicep piece (well actually the whole arm) after I'm done with the Commando.

IT'S UPDATE TIME! I'm so happy right now; the Commando Shoulder Pauldron turned out perfect on the first try, and it's the right size too! I've got a lot of pics for you guys. Firstly though, I have to show off the new (and correctly sized) Bicep.

/begin_epic_picture_splooj

100_0195.jpg

100_0194.jpg

100_0193.jpg

IZ KAN MOOVE MAH AREM!
100_0196.jpg

100_0197.jpg

That turned out really well. I know it might be a smidge too big, but it's the absolute smallest I can make the piece and still be able to get it over my elbow. I really don't want to have to split anything other than the COD and Chest. Anyways I know you guys really want to the see shoulder more than a re-Pep. And it's in clashtastic colors as well!

100_0202.jpg

MOAR CARDBOARD! (This stuff is like my new best friend)
100_0203.jpg

I didn't take very many pictures of it because in all honesty it's a pretty straightforward piece. But ya know what, I wanted to have some fun and give myself a little ego boost, so I ever-so-gently taped the shoulder and bicep together and viola! Left arm finished save for Tacpad.

Goin' Commando ;)
100_0206.jpg

100_0205.jpg

100_0207.jpg

Hope you guys like the pics. What's next on the agenda, in addition to the rest of the chest, is the right arm. I've got enough money to order my resin, I just have to convince dad to let me use his eBay account. Anyways, I'm hoping that with these smaller Peps (~40 or less pieces) I can keep my current pace of one piece completed every 1-3 nights. Let me know what you guys think!

P.S. (to all you metalheads out there):
Listen to Born of Osiris. You will have an eargasm, trust me.

All comes together very nicely and colorful too :)

Thanks! The Bicep/Shoulder should sit a little higher but they weren't cooperating for the picture and my photographer is clueless. Yeah, all my stuff is gonna be colorful for a while because it was FREE! Your scepticism was correct; that original Bicep was way too big. I'm extremely pleased with the size of the Commando Pauldron - most all of them I have seen have been too small.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back