Second attempt at the Sidekick

Drew

Finished up my second attempt at the sidekick. The first version was just one solid piece and it's not bad and the colors are fun, I just wanted a little more. That's where this one comes in with a (semi)functional slide, trigger, and mag. Now I need to figure out how to attach it to the thigh armor.

Attachments

• IMG_7069.jpeg
    IMG_7069.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_7253.jpeg
    IMG_7253.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_7254.jpeg
    IMG_7254.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 21
looks good! I don't know anything about 3d modeling, so I would recommend using some straps to create a holster for it, or attaching some velcro/magnets to the thigh and sidekick so that they stick together just by touching them to each other in the right spots.

looks good! I don't know anything about 3d modeling, so I would recommend using some straps to create a holster for it, or attaching some velcro/magnets to the thigh and sidekick so that they stick together just by touching them to each other in the right spots.
I'm thinking about using a soldering iron or a Dremel to make some spots to put magnet's in the sidekick and armor. I also have a bit of Paracord and a carabineer if that doesn't work and maybe an old holster lying around somewhere

I'm thinking about using a soldering iron or a Dremel to make some spots to put magnet's in the sidekick and armor. I also have a bit of Paracord and a carabineer if that doesn't work and maybe an old holster lying around somewhere
Heads up with a Dremel, cutting in too fast or aggressive can cause the pla to heat up. I've had chunks of melted plastic splatter off the Dremel and land back on my armor before. Probably still the best option along with soldering iron, just be patient with it and you're good!

In the future, making holes for magnets in the model before printing is the easiest option. Even if you don't have much experience with 3d modeling, you could use Microsoft 3D Builder to add a cylinder that's slightly bigger than the magnet, then you can place it and subtract it from the model.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back