Security

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGoodSoldier7

So I've decided to make a security helm (my favorite)since my MkVI has turned out poorly. I've searched the forums and haven't really found a great solution for the visor. I've seen helicopter visors as an idea but havent been able to find any that would work. so does anyone have any other possible ideas?

It's in the stickies. No "i'm going to build this" threads.

There are several discussions already about how to make a Security visor, the theories are vaccuforming and found-materials. Look them up using the search feature, they're both in the the Noob forum.

To be blunt, pics or GTFO :)

Hi ive seen some cool things for visors theres this one way u can make a clay mould put it in the oven and a plexiglass sheet on top of it with nuts to weight it down THIS IS NOT RECEMENDED BECAUSE IT WILL KILL YOU AND YOUR FAMILY DUE TO POISIONG ETC BUT if u have another oven that not for food preporation then it'll be fine just make sure you use full saftey precaution such as google, respirator ( due to excess gases coming from plexiglass ) maybe and aprin made of leather and saftey gloves but the main one HAVE THE OVEN OUTSIDE NOT FOR FOOD PREPORATION AND HAVE FIR EXTINGUISHERS READY

and keep a good eye on it there is a topic on this and got alot of flak because he didnt mention proper saftey instruction so anyone could have already done it and has to potential of threating their lives but it worked out REALLY AWESOME!!! the only problem is it's clear not tinted so u'll have to find a solution to that but .

P.S the safest way would probibly be a vaccum forming table [SORRY IF I GET IN TROUBLE FROM MODS FOR MENTIONING THIS]

GiR3892 said:
Hi ive seen some cool things for visors theres this one way u can make a clay mould put it in the oven and a plexiglass sheet on top of it with nuts to weight it down THIS IS NOT RECEMENDED BECAUSE IT WILL KILL YOU AND YOUR FAMILY DUE TO POISIONG ETC BUT if u have another oven that not for food preporation then it'll be fine just make sure you use full saftey precaution such as google, respirator ( due to excess gases coming from plexiglass ) maybe and aprin made of leather and saftey gloves but the main one HAVE THE OVEN OUTSIDE NOT FOR FOOD PREPORATION AND HAVE FIR EXTINGUISHERS READY

and keep a good eye on it there is a topic on this and got alot of flak because he didnt mention proper saftey instruction so anyone could have already done it and has to potential of threating their lives but it worked out REALLY AWESOME!!! the only problem is it's clear not tinted so u'll have to find a solution to that but .

P.S the safest way would probibly be a vaccum forming table [SORRY IF I GET IN TROUBLE FROM MODS FOR MENTIONING THIS]

sooo, basically you're saying that it would be cool to kill youself and your family over a visor for a prop helmet? Interesting idea...

Oh and yeah, no "im going to do this but i have no progress threads"

Last edited by a moderator:
NO i dont mean its good to kill your family ( sorry if that sounds weird 0_o ) lol what im trying to say if you do that method of using the oven for mold plexiglass DON'T UN LESS YOU HAVE ANOTHER OVEN THAT IS NOT USED FOR FOOD PREP because of all the toxin and foreign chemicles that are withheld in the oven for the next use (sorry if this doesnt help im trying to do my best) but i do hope you make your security helmet becaise i would LOVE ONE THERE AWESOME!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back