Suit/ chest pieces

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gizinski117

I was wondering what I should use for a simple halo 4 under suit . something with the hex pattern on it. another question how strong and were could I find a magnet to connect the chest piece together, and whats the best why? To cut the chest piece.

Last edited:
When using magnets, people tend to go towards rare earth magnets. They may also be called Neodymium magnets.
They have a very strong magnetic force. Sometimes too strong. Try looking at your local hardware store, Amazon or google it and you might be lucky enough to find a manufacturer or someone who sells online.

When using magnets, people tend to go towards rare earth magnets. They may also be called Neodymium magnets.
They have a very strong magnetic force. Sometimes too strong. Try looking at your local hardware store, Amazon or google it and you might be lucky enough to find a manufacturer or someone who sells online.
Thx and what would you use to safely cust the chest in two i just dont want to crack it

I assume your chest piece has already been hardened and bondoed? You would most likely have to use a rotary too with a grinding bit.
Don't take my word for it though. I am primarily a foam builder and have no experience with the fiberglass/resin route.
Hopefully someone will respond who has much more knowledge than me.

To cut a chest piece (or any hardened pep piece), the general consensus is to use a Dremel (rotary tool) with a cutting disk (Wear eye protection!!!). Take your time, and plan your cuts beforehand. Also, magnets work well for most things... but I have found that quick release clips work far better when the pieces to be attached have decent weight. Sometimes, I will even use a combination of the two. You can generally find the clips at hardware stores, or better yet, at thrift stores (I usually buy a backpack with several of them for a couple of dollars... that way, you get the straps as well :) ) A good place that I trust that has Neodymium magnets is www.banggood.com (Horrible name, but great prices... shipping can take some time, so plan accordingly) Also, they have a large selection of them, so be sure that you are ordering the sizes that you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back