Sutekhian's Meta build, WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sutekhian

Well the latest project is now underway, slight hiatus on the 11 helms as that doesn't have a deadline but this does. Trying to build the Meta from Red vs Blue for the middle of August so I can go to the Edinburgh Fringe as a white armoured, growling EVA spartan!

The Helms mostly there, at least the mother is and is awaiting the moulding and such, the chest, shoulders and shin are pepped, the handplate is pepped, rondoed and smoothed and one thigh was started last night.

This would be the Meta:

TheMetaMotivator.jpg

And here's the startup of the build:

MetaProgress.jpg

Looks downright awesome!!

Thanks!

Wait, The Meta is that quite dude from RvB right? AWESOME!!! I LOVE THAT GUY!!! Can't wait!

Heheh yup the quiet guy that just growls usually. Always loved the mad, many-AI agent so I decided I had to make him.

Please let this build end in awesomeness and not lack of updates. :D

I'll try my best! Already got one suit done, the Sarge, and the helmet for this is pretty much ready to finish so that's the hardest part really. I try to update my threads each week if I've got any progress to post :)

Wash is a guy :p Why not Tex?

There's guys doing Kat, pretty sure it'd be ok for a girl to do Wash lol. Plus she's a tough wee bugger, I reckon she'd actually beat me up if she did Tex ;)

lol, yeah. Ya'll could recreate the fight scene :)

Heheh, she'd beat me up! Unless the suit hampered her mobility enough :D

Well.....Sutekhian has a Sarge but how about the 3 others? Plus, wouldn't it be a shame to him getting beating down hard by his gf :p

lol, I'd have to lend Sarge to a friend cause I couldn't wear that and Meta at the same time ;) Would be a fun fight, though girly would enjoy beating me up waaaay too much lol

lol. i tried to do that. why have you got that shoulder? he has an EOD and a recon one. i also struggled as there is no recon torso pep

just a quick note

this is by Klunk. this is probarbly the closest anyone has got to making a meta. notice the simple way they did the visor and that the white paint job is done really really well. white paint is extreamly tricky to pull off,
OgAAAPyKuLqsd3HpOK8ziyyB43NsO9Ul8amC7-VOasgKBg6QVmp9NLTBvvnb0-7L2yQwLrtLXziTbMaZrVSsv11n1ggAm1T1UPfXUXu0cHeKNf8vEkSoKkKOwEDm.jpg

sorry if i sound a bit doombitch, but eva and meta are prety tricky to pull off.
one silly thing is that i never noticed the the extra armour detail for the meta was brown, so look out, and i had problems with the shoulders. other than thatm this should turn out excelemt. many people do the good guys from red vs blue, so being an evil dooer will be a nice change. good luck

An awesome idea,I haz......why not build a soundbox for the growling

Yeah, I was thinking of talking to the Hunter's Lair guys for info on voice-boxs for it :)

lol. i tried to do that. why have you got that shoulder? he has an EOD and a recon one. i also struggled as there is no recon torso pep

His shoulders change from season to season, as do some minor colour details. Initially he has an EOD shoulder on the right and CQB on the left, later seasons he replaces the EOD with EVA and keeps the CQB on the left. He had a scout chest which was replaced by EVA chest in later seasons.

to quote RvB wiki:
"The Meta's armor set consists of the EVA helmet, Scout chest armor, CQB left shoulder armor and EOD right shoulder armor. Recently however, his right shoulder piece and Scout armor has been replaced with the EVA shoulder piece as opposed to the EOD and EVA chest piece "

I've been watching eps with him very carefully and getting as many ref pics as I can ;)

this is by Klunk. this is probarbly the closest anyone has got to making a meta. notice the simple way they did the visor and that the white paint job is done really really well. white paint is extreamly tricky to pull off,

sorry if i sound a bit doombitch, but eva and meta are prety tricky to pull off.
one silly thing is that i never noticed the the extra armour detail for the meta was brown, so look out, and i had problems with the shoulders. other than thatm this should turn out excelemt. many people do the good guys from red vs blue, so being an evil dooer will be a nice change. good luck

Yup Klunk's suit is pretty awesome, I'll be doing the visor in a slightly different way that I'll detail when it's being done ;) It's a sort of "Will this work?..." thing so I want to see how it goes first. I'd love to do the Brute-shot as a weapon to go with the suit but I'm not sure I'll have time. Might have to see if i can trade for a spare EVA or something lol. Thanks for wishing me luck! Gonna be a hard road.

sounds awesome! I wanted to build the META a while ago too! Are you planning on using the Revelation suit or the reconstruction/recreation suit?

Wow this'll he pretty awesome once its done. can't wait To see it finished

Thanks Wiyumi, hoping I manage to pull it off, I'm still slightly unsure about the helmet but I have backup plans for that. If my main try fails I can always use the same sort of method as the Daddy of EVA Ithica used :D Though Klunk's trick looks sneaky, going to try my way first!

And I totally can't wait to get it complete, hardest part is done though :D

sounds awesome! I wanted to build the META a while ago too! Are you planning on using the Revelation suit or the reconstruction/recreation suit?

Thanks Boba, I'm currently planning the Revelation Meta, I may make some interchangeable parts later to let me swap out to the older models ;) I'd quite like to do the AI capture unit for the backpack too, that's more a case of "if I have time" though lol

That's outstanding work so far. I may just have to make it to Edinburgh if I can and see you in this - and then hope you don't chase the tiny girly around with your Brute Shot xD

That's outstanding work so far. I may just have to make it to Edinburgh if I can and see you in this - and then hope you don't chase the tiny girly around with your Brute Shot xD

Thanks very much! If I can make it to the MCM Expo I'll be hoping to get there too at the year end but I'm not sure on that one. I'd behave, probably the worst you'd get is a bit of IC growling :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back