Tattoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

andy pinette

Jr Member
ok this is really random. i have just turned eighteen and i have always wanted a tattoo relating to halo on my forearm. can any one give any good ideas?

A_Little_Bunnie said:
ok this is really random. i have just turned eighteen and i have always wanted a tattoo relating to halo on my forearm. can any one give any good ideas?

Well, let's see.. Seeing I have many tattoos .. You should think about getting a first tattoo that is meaningful to you... Also, something your going to cherish forever. These things don't come off.. unless you pay more and have a higher pain tolerance in getting it lasered off. You want to think of your future career, if tattoos will be ideal in the work place. Today, it's more acceptable and other cases its asked to be covered. Having it on the forearm, are you prepared to wear long sleeves?

You may want to think if this is going to be your only tattoo? Or something you want to keep adding. Trust me, it's an addiction. I just got another piece done on my leg (Filipino Tribal) in February.. It was a cover up over a black dragon that I felt didn't fit me and the over all design of my other tattoos.. If you think about getting halo theme on your forearm, the questions to ask.. will it look good 10 or 20 years down the road? or will you end up trying to cover it up?.. Will someone say, 10 years down the line would know what Halo is? You never know what will happen.. , Anyway, just some things to think about before you get inked!! Goodluck!!..

Last edited by a moderator:
well i am going to get a meaningful tattoo for my grandma because she is always sick. she had breast cancer and has been recently beed diagnosed with amylodosis. but once i have that i wont a tattoo of something that is from my past you know lol. but yeah. but i always wear long hoodies. but yeah

Thats great, i plan on getting one of my mom who recently passed from lung cancer, memorial tattoos are very popular and its a great way to cope with a loss or with someone who my die.

I have 8 tattoos. Only one means something. Every other one I've gotten I got simply because I thought it looked cool. I was always weary about getting something with deep meaning (aside from like a relatives name or something in memory of someone who passed away) because what if you get older (I was 16 when I got my first one) and you change your mind? What if that thing that meant so much to you at 18 doesn't mean quite so much at 30? That being said you should get a full back tattoo of the MC. No way you'll ever regret that. I'm totally kidding. But if you do please post pics.

Also if you're planning on getting something on your forearms (both of mine have a good deal of ink so I speak from experience) be prepared to be wearing long sleeves to work and to interviews for the rest of your life.

I'm more of a piercing sort of person, but my fiance has his body covered with tats and he'd prolly tell you the following:

1. Pick out your artist ahead of time
2. Choose an area of your body you know you can cover up with clothing for when at work
3. If it's something really special, have your design thought thru...pick something that will survive the test of time

:)

Though I've never gotten one myself, I've always wanted one (no piercings, either). As I'm of the thinking it should be something of personal significance/importance, I simply haven't been able to find something suitable yet, lol.

Of course, since becoming a member of this community, the idea of the UNSC or official 405th logo sounds kinda kewl for a tattoo, heh heh :D

I would definately agree that if you do get one, make sure it's something that has personal meaning for you, and is something you won't mind carrying around with you for the rest of your life.

Don't want any regrets about it, especially after it's done, lol.

Vexona said:
I'm more of a piercing sort of person

I got my cartilage pierced once. And they used one of those hollow spike thingies too, not a gun. I had already gotten a few tattoos and I figured that this would be over in a few seconds so it wouldn't hurt that bad. Holy crap was I wrong. I saw a bright flash of light and next thing I knew there was a small chunk of my ear on the tray. I joined the military a few months later and had to take it out. But man did that surprise me.

Spartan-NX said:
I got my cartilage pierced once. And they used one of those hollow spike thingies too, not a gun. I had already gotten a few tattoos and I figured that this would be over in a few seconds so it wouldn't hurt that bad. Holy crap was I wrong. I saw a bright flash of light and next thing I knew there was a small chunk of my ear on the tray. I joined the military a few months later and had to take it out. But man did that surprise me.

As brutal as it is, it's good that they didn't use a gun :) You can't autoclave the gun so they're not very safe. Still hurts like a @$#% tho doesn't it... hehe

My roommate is in the army and he had to lose his tongue and eyebrow piercing so he feels your pain ;_; I can actually wear my nose stud to work but I'm not going to push them by putting in the ring XD. Gotta keep most stuff on the DL for the serious folks hehe.

Vexona said:
Gotta keep most stuff on the DL for the serious folks hehe.

I'm in a business setting and work with alot of professionals such as Doctors, Nurses. I remember first time wearing short sleeves I was kinda worried.. Now that I have been year over 3 years.. They don't care, especially my tattoo has been growing each year haha..

im looking at getting the tough luck skull symbol on my shoulders *but as a 4 leaf clover -my irish tattoo-* agreeing with everyone else though the first always should be special and meaningful i went through atleast 6 differant designs before i got my first -barrels head from the nightmare before christmas on my back- it turned into our little family thing me bro and sis, browse there artwork, if ur not comfie there dont go, and make sure the needles are opend infront of you and gloves at all times *i have seen it*

The "ring" (or the "O" in Halo), the Marathon Logo which has made its way practically everywhere in Halo, personally I like the NAV/compass emblem on the MA5C/B, too.

You can
A. do a spartan helmet
B. a cool halo medal, like headshot or assassination or something random, killionare ftw?
C. go completely unrelated and get the gears of war crimson symbol. that's what I would do if I got a tattoo.

You could do one of these

ODSTlogothing.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back