The Monarch - Venture Brothers

Status
Not open for further replies.

kensai111

Hey guys... really wish we had a general costuming section around here :\. Anyhow I'm working on a group theme costume in which I will be portraying The Monarch from Venture Brothers. I just have a few quick questions maybe some of you could lay your insight and costume making abilities into. An obvious question would be does anyone know the location of a pep file for the Monarch's armor? Worse comes to worse I can model this myself.. did get a degree for it might as well put it to use lol. Secondly, my main question is anyone have an easy and affordable idea to make the top part of the wings spring open on command via spring/button/lever/etc? Any additional suggestions to making this costume more professional and lifelike would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Kensai

The Monarch's wings collapsed:
venture_monarch_co2.jpg

The Monarch's wings opened:
the_venture_bros_332_1680.jpg

I would totally pay money for a Baron Von Underbite costume.
Offhand, I can only think of one thing for the wings... Ever seen the Tick? Arthurs wings were popout like what you're talking about. I think it was done using one of those folding window protector things - like this.

So who's dressing up as Dr. Girlfriend? :lol:

Humungotron said:
I would totally pay money for a Baron Von Underbite costume.
The Underland lackeys got nice looking uniforms, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ral Partha said:
So who's dressing up as Dr. Girlfriend? :lol:

My thoughts exactly.

It would be awesome to have bloodguard uniforms for the Monarchs henchmen though. Another great one would Dr. Killenger!

Sorry, I just contributed about nill to the actual topic. What version of the Monarch's armor were you thinking of? (PIC?)

Sigma-LS said:
My thoughts exactly.

It would be awesome to have bloodguard uniforms for the Monarchs henchmen though. Another great one would Dr. Killenger!

Sorry, I just contributed about nill to the actual topic. What version of the Monarch's armor were you thinking of? (PIC?)

Actually my girlfriend will be Dr. Girlfriend, my roommates are dressing up as henchmen #24 and #21 featured in picture #1. I plan on the armor featured in the pictures, I had almost forgot he went through about 4 different armor changes, my mistake :). Anyhow as far as the window protector things, very interesting. Any idea how these operate and I could scale them to size and with my own choice of fabric? Also now that the armor issue is at hand any suggestions on how to start the armor, pep or start hunting for something that already resembles it? I don't want the armor to look cheesy and obviously made of fabric or anything of those sorts..

Cheers,
Kensai

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back