Titanfall 2 pulse blade helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone. This is a work in progress. I'm going for a sort of "militia" style with this build. The only foam bits I really plan on are shoulders, knees, helmet, and jump kit. The helmet is far from done too. All I really have left to do is fill, sand, seal, and paint. (I'm painting the details separately so they just go on without having to tape them off.) But how does it look so far? Also, this has officially become a build log, for those who are interested in following. Just need to make some pads (shoulder, gauntlet, knees, and vest.) Just letting you know.

Attachments

• 20170318_155133.jpg
    20170318_155133.jpg
    542.6 KB · Views: 705
Last edited:
nice job! needs a little sanding, but it looks very nice! Are you doing foam detailing? It's really hard to paint small details, you'd be better off just gluing some foam details.

anyhow, excellent work!

Painted. I'm going for a 100% custom paint scheme. Black and gold. (I'm from Missouri. Go tigers.) Now all that's left is to clear coat.

Attachments

• 20170321_094148.jpg
    20170321_094148.jpg
    808.4 KB · Views: 1,068
Last edited:
Anyone know what would make a good visor? I'm thinking about using an old face shield I have lying around with blue chrome clingwrap.

That could work......try a small sample first to see if it A) Sticks....B) Doesn't come off while handling it and C) isn't easily scratched. Something like cling wrap really can'y be glues in place. It isn't designed for that like some window tints.

I'm with Dirtdives here, always do a small sample first. With a cling wrap over acrylic I'm guessing I'd expect changes in temperature to cause bubbling between the layers since cling wrap is generally pretty porous so even if you removed all the air between the two when applying it that could change over time.

Take a look into RC car paint, there's loads of transparent and semi-transparent options out there. I used Tamiya Colour orange for my visor and green for my fuel rod cannon and both go on extremely smooth as long as you follow the instructions. They're also made for use on plastics and bond very well to most materials you'd be using for a visor anyway.

I'm with Dirtdives here, always do a small sample first. With a cling wrap over acrylic I'm guessing I'd expect changes in temperature to cause bubbling between the layers since cling wrap is generally pretty porous so even if you removed all the air between the two when applying it that could change over time.

Take a look into RC car paint, there's loads of transparent and semi-transparent options out there. I used Tamiya Colour orange for my visor and green for my fuel rod cannon and both go on extremely smooth as long as you follow the instructions. They're also made for use on plastics and bond very well to most materials you'd be using for a visor anyway.
I actually didn't think of that. I'll go out this weekend and look for rc car paint. Thanks!

Decided to try something. Put in a visor that I painted with VERY thin coats of acrylic paint. Just to see what would happen. I CAN see through it, but it's a bit foggy. Still gonna try the RC car paint. Where can I buy that though?

Attachments

• 20170324_081558.jpg
    20170324_081558.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 489
Decided to do a quick side-by-side to show that I think I've improved my skills. On the left is what I did before finding all the tutorials and the practice with a halo reach shin, after finding confidence to try another helmet, is on the right.

Attachments

• 20170325_232918.jpg
    20170325_232918.jpg
    818.8 KB · Views: 467
nice job! yeah, you'll get much better as you go. the more you practice, the better you get.
nice work!

I just finished mine and it is nothing but EVA foam and paint.(I did add a Tac light and rail) I used a clear plastic sheet from the craft store for the visor. I found "glass paint" there too. It dries transparent & comes in a bunch of colors. You could paint a clear visor and also paint a pattern on it.
Picture or Video 010.jpg Picture or Video 012.jpg Picture or Video 002.jpg

Last edited:
Did some preliminary doodles for my vest, legs, and gauntlets. Just doodled these while on lunch at work. Also, I know how **** my handwriting is, don't judge me.

Attachments

• 20170329_114126.jpg
    20170329_114126.jpg
    724.6 KB · Views: 432
Last edited:
Finished the base for the vest. At least the 2 vests that I plan to use. Also, this was done 100% by hand. No patterns. I think it may be a smidge small though.

Attachments

• 20170411_202248.jpg
    20170411_202248.jpg
    823.4 KB · Views: 493
Last edited:
Added some more detail. Really building up those layers. Going to add some ammo and pouches on those side plates. This is just what I did today.

Attachments

• 20170414_143317.jpg
    20170414_143317.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 369
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back