Warthog Frame

Status
Not open for further replies.

rafinger

Hey all, this is my first post on the forum. I am designing a frame for a warthog. My frame is based off of these blueprints:

Warthog.jpg

The way I found the scale was pretty interesting (IMO). I gave the Warthog a designated height of 6ft. And in the blueprints, the Warthog was 360 pixels, so that means that for every 60 pixels, it equals 1 foot. And from that, I based my measurements. Here is what I have so far:

Frame11.jpg

Frame12.jpg

Frame13.jpg

Soon as I saw your thread title I went NUH FREAKING UH! Your method makes sense to me personally, I can't wait to see what you make with this!

Oh, and for the record...
SHOTGUN!!! :D

if i had the right dimensions and the material too do this (and the money ) i could probly make a 1" tube frame and actually make a car from this

This is going to be interesting to watch. One of my long-term goals is to build a full-sized prop vehicle. Mine won't work, though. Well, it will have lights and movement, but still... X-Wings are impractical to fly.

Interesting design idea, though. What type of vehicle will you use as a base?

Are you building a life size warthog?

As of right now, I'm just designing it.

if i had the right dimensions and the material too do this (and the money ) i could probly make a 1" tube frame and actually make a car from this

The frame is actually 1 inch tube frame. I'll be happy to give you the files once I'm finished.

Interesting design idea, though. What type of vehicle will you use as a base?

I'm not sure what vehicle could be used. For the scale I used, the wheelbase is 127 inches. I don't know of any vehicle that has that. So the vehicle that would be used would have to have the chassis stretched.

I have some more progress on the Hog:

Frame14.jpg

Frame15.jpg

Frame16.jpg

when you finsih if you could e-mail me the desings ill be more than glad to make a cople of warthogs i got some old trucks in of the back of my house that i think would work perfectly for this

I'm really looking forward to seeing this completed. I think a lot of members on here have been wanting to build a warthog for a long time, but have lacked the necessary knowledge and skills to do so. This seems like the first real step in helping these members reach their dream. On another note, what model hog are you using as a basis for this design as there are slight variations from game to game.

Not trying to put you down dude but knowledge and skill I can acquire :p I think most of the concerns were resources xD If I had the spare parts to do it I would TOTALLY try to build a hog!!

@Twisting_Neather - Well, I'm using the blueprints that use the Halo CE Warthog, but I'm compensating the design differences to make it be more like the H3 warthog.

Thanks for all the positive comments guys. I really appreciate that. Did I mention that I'm only 15? I hope to have more progress in the next couple of days.

Sorry guys, this project is going to have to be put on hold until my computer is fixed. I am in the process of turning it into a Hackintosh, and until all the bugs are fixed, I can't re-install windows to continue this project. I'll try to get it fixed soon!

this looks like it would work really well ontop of an aircooled vw beetle{bug} pan(chassis)... sorta like the fiberglass buggies of the 70s

0207vwt_04zoom+Meyers_Manx+Front_View.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back