Soft Parts What to make to fill this in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sentri

tex1.jpg

I recently bought this suit and I have some questions.

I know it's still kinda hard to tell here, but there is a sizeable gap between the front of the chest piece and me to where it can be seen from the side. What I'm trying to figure out is whether I should make some sort of pouch to hold stuff in, or if I should add some padding to my undersuit to fill in the gap. The shirt in this pic is not my actual undersuit. I have a set of black compression gear for my undersuit.

Another problem that I'm actually having is with the forearms. I added some foam to the inside to get them to fit me, and while they now fit properly on the inside, it looks kinda odd seeing the armor piece, then seeing my scrawny ass arm attached to it.

Please help. I have 2 weeks to figure something out.

Hey!
Try some EVA foam for the chest gap, curve it around and detail it :D Like this random picture I pulled from Google, hopefully you can see what I mean - maxresdefault.jpg

As for the arms, try padding the shirt? Placing a through well thought pads under the sleeve will give a more bulkier appearance :)

Hope I helped!

Is it pepakura with resin/bondo or eva?

If it is EVA, you could remove a section from the piece that attaches the front to back under your arm. That will draw the front and back together.

3c9a542cc395c9e3b39efede8c8168f5.jpg

Otherwise, a set of motocross armour as an undersuit would provide some additional bulk in the chest and arms and help reduce the gaps. It would also make your whole arm look bigger.

You can see mine pretty well in this test-fit shot. See how it fills in the gaps? I got mine from a Chinese seller on eBay but you may be able to get quicker delivery from a US seller, you'll just pay more.

9a761e79cad557d346df8d8cd32497c4.jpg

"I don't know what's weirder, that you're fighting a stuffed animal, or that you seem to be losing" - Suzie

Attachments

• 3c9a542cc395c9e3b39efede8c8168f5.jpg
    3c9a542cc395c9e3b39efede8c8168f5.jpg
    513.1 KB · Views: 216
  • 9a761e79cad557d346df8d8cd32497c4.jpg
    9a761e79cad557d346df8d8cd32497c4.jpg
    309.5 KB · Views: 292
so, for the arms, I actually have that figured out. I have a Joe Rocket Street moto jacket with removable pads. I took out the elbow pads and have them sticking out of the forearm piece. so that problem is solved. I might try to strap the back pad to my back, or use the extra upholstry foam that I have. I originally bought it to line my helmet...come to find out, it was enough to like...5 helmets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back