Where do I get Clay, Silicon, Plastic, FaceShields etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks for the help adam. hey i have a question about the undersuit. would a wetsuit be a good idea to use as an undersuit, just a thought.

Scooterkid said:
Does anyone know if a SUOMY VANDAL gold iridium visor will work?
The shape of the faceshield tells me that it'll work. What I can't guarantee is the quality of the gold iridium coating.

PU0130-0170-LRG-01.jpg

Many of us prefer HJC because of how good its coatings are. If you're satisfied with its coating, then go ahead. It looks pricey, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wonderflex: CosplaySupplies.com -- Wonder Flex

For those that dont know what wonderflex is, it is along the lines of plastic.

Wonderflex is a felt like material that has all the characteristics of felt fabric, but when heated past a certain point, special chemicals release, and upon cooling, harden into stiff plastic. It also bonds to itself during the heating stage which is good for smooth seamless armor.

A massive role of wonderflex (Wondeflex Jumbo Sheet 40" x 55" / 101 cm by 139 cm) costs $55. I love this site, its where i've gotten stuff for all anime related cosplays, and its what im using for my armor.

Similar product: CosplaySupplies.com -- Friendly Plastic

"Drop these white pellets into warm water for just a few seconds to melt. Friendly Plastic® pellets are completely reusable. If you don't like how the shape turned out, simply re-soften and start over. Useful for coating and smoothing Wonderflex."

It works best for making wonderflex seamless, but if you really want, you could make a pepakura mold of the helm or what not, and pour the melted pellets into it, to use the (card stock) paper as a negative mold. Use sand paper or a hot rag to soften the plastic and smooth it.

Plasti Dip

A spray on synthetic rubber material that can withstand up to negative 30 degrees F, and over 200 degrees F before cracking or warping. It resists tearing and comes in a spray and paint.

I suggest both spray and paint. Start off with 3 layers of the paint to make smooth surfaces, then do sprays more perfectly even coats. Spraying at the beginning may allow for dimples or seams to show through.

Can be found at menards or ace hardware.

Hope you find it helpful, maybe add the links to first post.

so they are selling their clay in 2lbs packages....how much would i need to purchase for the entire suit....(give or take that i will make mistakes along the way) (though they do say it is resuable). thx.

so they are selling their clay in 2lbs packages....how much would i need to purchase for the entire suit....(give or take that i will make mistakes along the way) (though they do say it is resuable). thx.

Mr Zonk said:
Greetings.

@all your Armor are great

That is a nice list, but i live in germany do anyone know some links for the same material that i can buy in germany without this heavy shipping costs??
check the uk forum

There all fine, NSP is what bluerealm used.
Whatever brand you go with i suggest getting soft, i found medium a little annoying to work with, had to constantly heat is up to make it more pliable.

p0rtalman said:
There all fine, NSP is what bluerealm used.
Whatever brand you go with i suggest getting soft, i found medium a little annoying to work with, had to constantly heat is up to make it more pliable.

i was thinking of going with either the klean klay or the classic clay, because theyre the cheapest, and im kinda short on money. and i thought that soft would be too soft, does it capture detail as good as medium?

I thought the same, i ended up with a crap load of medium clay wishing i had soft...
If your unsure, just order one block of the soft stuff, if your not happy with it, its not a costly mistake :)

p0rtalman said:
I thought the same, i ended up with a crap load of medium clay wishing i had soft...
If your unsure, just order one block of the soft stuff, if your not happy with it, its not a costly mistake :)

true that. and you can you mix clays, like soft and medium, different brands etc? i was considering buying a little of each then seeing which i liked best but i thought that might be a huge waste of money. oh and thanks for the answers, they're really helpful :D

you mean mixing soft and medium to get something in between? I have no idea, my first guess would be no, but I've never tried it.
you can use any mix of brands on the same sculpture, but it would probably be easier going with the same consistency for everything.
also, you don't need to bother with more expensive brands like chavant NSP, there only more expensive because its a brand name of clay, go for the cheaper stuff and save some money :)

yea i figured the soft and medium thing would be an epic fail. if the different rands can be mixed i might just buy alittle of each.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back