Wizardworld Philly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Bradley

Sr Member
I'll be going to WizardWorld Philly on Saturday to meet up with Redsleighdown and the Nightmare guys and to check out the convention. I wondered if any other memnbers here were planning on attending.

Heres the website :http://www.wizardworld.com/home-pa.html

Wizard World
Philadelphia 2008
May 30-June 1, 2008
Pennsylvania Convention Center

I won't be in costume as I'll be going there for the first time and will be bringing guests with me. Red and the Nightmare guys will be there in the Gears suits though I believe.

C'mon! Who doesn't want to go meet Beetlejuice and Lou Ferrigno!

o_O

Oh wow, this weekend...crap that sort of creeped up out of nowhere.

Lou Ferrigno would be awesome to meet, and I thought when you said Bettlejuice you meant Michael Keaton:)p). Hmm...to go or not to go...I'll have to think about this one.

Ahhh no Wizardworld for me. Not too impressed with Wizard as of late. Though I hope ya have a BLAST! Have fun with the NAS doods :)

oh man! if i had known about this sooner, then i would love to see you guys in person! im only a short drive from there, probably so are Sean and Magnum.
ah god and its 45 bucks a person. Anyway, have fun, i wish i could go see the NAS guys (really? there gonna be there?)
i could ask you about your armor in person, that would be fun. But it would be awkward by everyone calling me Rvb4Life there....not Matt (yeah, my name)....Maybe next year, you guys, this kid will be driving, and the armor will probably be done, and maybe an ODST outfit to check out!

I was planning on attending, but after going to NYCC this year, WWPA's guest list is terribly underwhelming. It's almost nothing but wrestling stars.... ?? Even their comic creator list is a weaker than normal. And I was also planning on having a table in Artist Alley, but it's ridiculously overpriced for only a 4' table. Not gonna make it this year...

But I did go for the last 2 years, it's a pretty good show. Nice atmosphere there, not nearly as hectic as the NYC show was. I'll probably be there next year, when there's much more time between nycc and wwpa.

Have fun at the show, Sean and whoever else attends!

And make sure if you get there using a nav system, that you put in the proper: Pennsylvania Convention center, not the Philadelphia convention center... the Philly center was demolished a couple years ago, but still shows up as an address on most systems, and you'd spend an hour looking for a building that isn't there!
(not that I did that or anything...)

Ruze789 said:
And make sure if you get there using a nav system, that you put in the proper: Pennsylvania Convention center, not the Philadelphia convention center... the Philly center was demolished a couple years ago, but still shows up as an address on most systems, and you'd spend an hour looking for a building that isn't there!
(not that I did that or anything...)
HAHA, thanks...I'm sure I probably would have done that. :D

Still not sure if I'm going, but I'll think about it some more tonight. My only problem is gas... :cautious:

I swear I thought I was seeing things yesterday when I saw gas at $3.98 by the time I went home in the afternoon when earlier that morning on my way to work it was $3.89. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I was going to go, and believe me it would be awesome to meet some fellow 405th members but sadly I have to work tomorrow night. What sucks most is that I am in the area right now. This is probably the first year I am not going since 2004. Have fun meeting some of the guys from NAS.

23Magnum said:
HAHA, thanks...I'm sure I probably would have done that. :D

Still not sure if I'm going, but I'll think about it some more tonight. My only problem is gas... :cautious:

I swear I thought I was seeing things yesterday when I saw gas at $3.98 by the time I went home in the afternoon when earlier that morning on my way to work it was $3.89. ;)
You think gas prices are hight in America. its approx $5.50au for the 3.7 liters (a gallon) here in Aus. :cautious:

Sounds like a cool convention, i would love to go, but ah... the living in another country thing.... Ill put it on my list of Cons to go to when i come down in 2010. Meeting the NAS guys would be pretty cool.

Well I had an absolutely fantastic time. Got to meet up with Redsleighdown, see all the new Nightmare stuff in person, and to meet some amazing people. I'll write it all up when I get my pics downloaded tonight, but I wanted to at least make sure you guys heard any of the news that was announced at the Triforce/Nightmare panel:

http://kotaku.com/5012068/rumor-nov-16-is-...ars-2-drop-date

We already knew that Nightmare had aquired the liscense for producing the Gears armor and weapons... they had some new stuff to unveil as well. I'll get the pics up as soon as I can.

Crap, I wish I just would have sucked it up and spent the money on gas. Oh well, there's always next time.

My pics are uploaded and ready to go. Heres a sampling from the day:

DSC00972.jpg

The 501st had a booth. There were many stormtroopers and other SW characters around.

DSC00986.jpg

They had a nice backdrop for photos set up in an unused area. Maybe we can do something like this for DragonCon?

DSC00976.jpg

I found one lone Spartan walking around. I attempted to give him a business card and tell him about the 405th and he said 'I already have it.' Red got a card from him later, this guy might have been a member, but he seemed reluctant to talk in costume.

DSC00979.jpg

I did see him sign a Master Chief autograph later. The kid was thrilled!

DSC00998.jpg

Lester Speight, Sid Garrand, and Charlie 'Redsleighdown' Tighe as Baird at the Triforce Gears of War panel. Lester Speight is the actual voice of Augustus 'Cole Train" Cole in the GOW game.. he's the voice actor they modeled the character after and a likely candidate to play him in the GOW movie.

DSC01001.jpg

The unveiling of the new liscensed GOW locust busts that Nightmare will be producing for Triforce and Epic games.

DSC01010.jpg

Cole Train guards the new merch!

DSC01012.jpg

An incredibly life-like Baird bust. :D

DSC01038.jpg

The Nightmare C.O.G.'s

DSC01042.jpg

This guy actually walked up to Charlie and said "I want you to curb-stomp me!! Honest to god truth!

DSC01046.jpg

Cole Train gets his Lancer on!

DSC01047.jpg

I got a pic with him, too.

DSC01052.jpg

The Nightmare Armor Studios booth at Wizard World

DSC01054.jpg

I brought home a souvenir from the event.

All in all I have to say that I was very impressed by the event and the NAS guys. The Gears suits looked incredible in person, and their booth was a costumers wet dream. I had a chance to have a long converstaion with Sid and I have to say that he's a pretty nice guy in person. I've never met him personally before but he knew exactly who I was and seemed genuinely interested in chatting about the future of the 405th and imparted plenty of advice I really needed to hear. Thanks to all the NAS guys for putting on a great show!

I have more pictures up in my photobucket account if you want to see more, go here:
http://s37.photobucket.com/albums/e90/Scar...Philly/?start=0

Damn now I really wish I didn't have to work and was able to go this year.

Oh, man. That looked like fun. I wish I would have gone. *sigh* Oh well.

BTW, nice hat. ;) Hopefully I'll be getting mine some time soon.

Edit: Woot! 500th post! Wow.... I don't post very often...

Thanks for posting pics Sean! It was great seeing you again and hanging out.

It was awesome being able to get Terry Tate all Geared(ha) up with us.

It was nice meeting Sean and SpartanV076(guy in NAS suit). If anyone sees us at a convention please don't hesitate and come introduce yourself as a 405th member. I love meeting you guys and talking about the 405th. We will be hitting the entire Wizard World circuit as well as hopefully Comic Con so any Chicago, Texas, San Diego members, please come and we'll hang out.

Thanks again Sean. Glad you made it out.

-Red
projecttriforce.com

Very cool Sean :D The suits look dope and impressive! Looks like the event was fun :)

It'll be nice to try and chit-chat with them at D*COn if they're not mobbed!

Redsleighdown, your the NAS dude who looks like Baird? Nice!
This is definitely a con ill have to go to. The pics are great! And the NAS booth does look pretty sweet; the Ironman stuff caught my eye.

Wow - Wish I had attended!

Great pics! You Nightmare guys frigging rock :cool:

And having 'Terrible Terry Tate' in the gear must have been killer - very very very cool

Redsleighdown said:
Thanks for posting pics Sean! It was great seeing you again and hanging out.

It was awesome being able to get Terry Tate all Geared(ha) up with us.

It was nice meeting Sean and SpartanV076(guy in NAS suit). If anyone sees us at a convention please don't hesitate and come introduce yourself as a 405th member. I love meeting you guys and talking about the 405th. We will be hitting the entire Wizard World circuit as well as hopefully Comic Con so any Chicago, Texas, San Diego members, please come and we'll hang out.

Thanks again Sean. Glad you made it out.

-Red
projecttriforce.com

You guys are doing some serious expanding from what i hear at Nightmare Armor Studios. I was wondering, is project triforce a sister company of nightmare or you guys just supply them? And also do you guys welcome walk-in's at Nightmare Armor in Atlanta, GA I am visiting a friend at Clear Channel and would like to check it out. Thanks!

Derek

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back