DragonCon 2017 Parade

Status
Not open for further replies.

FANGS

Commanding Officer
Community Staff
Division Staff
Parade registration starts on February 15th! I have it marked in my calendar but please feel free to give me a friendly nudge!

As always - there is zero need for you to register on your own. I'll be registering for 80 once again. While that list filled completely, a lot of people didn't make it out and we ultimately had about 50 - 60.

I'm not going to start taking names just yet as a lot can change so watch here for updates. Likely we'll start in June as most will be pretty sure of their plans at that point.

The registration has been sent in! It says they have up to 3 weeks to let us know whether or not we are in but given that it just opened up this morning, I imagine that isn't an issue. We'll open registration for members here at the beginning of August once everyone has a much better idea of whether or not they will be able to come.

I've spoken with Rick Martinez of Capital and he says that most of the people that came last year, aren't able to come this year but a few will be so I've invited them as always to join us. He tells me that they try to make it every second year so they will be with us again next year.

WOW that was fast! Parade registration is now closed! But given the below quote from the Parade Director, I'd say we are definitely in!

If you are a member of a group that marches each year (for example the 501st, HALO 405th, Prydon Academy, or a group organized by a programming track), you should be covered under their group registration. PLEASE let us know if that is the case and you also registered yourself. If we can free up any space, it will be greatly appreciated!​

one day......when my suit is finished and can get down there......

Wish we could come down again this year, but Frankie won't have time off from work and I'll be 8 months preg. so we won't make it!! Next year though!

Fangs can you cross promote this thread with the Southern Regiment as most of the Southern Members will be asking about this and paying attention there. There will be folks wondering who the point person is.

We aren't starting the sign up yet folks. There will be a thread started when that happens much closer to the event. This is far too out to start now as people's plans can change a lot between now and then. Don't worry, there are spaces for 80 people, which will be plenty.

I know this isn't the right thread yet, but I wanted to say Me +2 will be going in the parade from the UNSC capital :)

Hello transmut1! Rick let me know awhile ago that there would be a few from UNSC Capital joining us again this year. If you wouldn't mind taking point for those who are NOT joint members (both here and with Capital) and when the thread opens, post their names I would be most appreciative! I'll probably open it up August 1st ish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back