European Logo / Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
The logo should not have too many things in it, but also show whats special about us. Eagles are nice but thats too american in my opinion and the UNSC already has it in the logo so it should be on most suits already ^^. A single sword might be fine to add. The logo should be easy to replicate (stencils etc.) and therefore must be able to be converted to B/W in my opinion.

m073 Do we really need an eagle in our Logo? I think its quite overloaded if I would add one to my Version. I like it simple :)

I could live without it :) For printing and small signs it is not good.

Clean and simple is better than full with things in the logo, perhaps we can make a flag or something with more stuff inside. Those things are printed much bigger, like the UNSC Logo.

Going to put this down here before things even begin here:

I've noticed that one or two other Regiments have been getting new Regimental logos without the design process being vetted through the Regiments that the logos are being designed for - or, at least, if these new logos are being vetted, they're certainly not being vetted through the 405th, which is an argument I had a long time ago regarding the Southern Regiment logo.

Masterchief0624, I'm going to ask you here and now for confirmation that European isn't going to be forced to adopt a new logo without the vetting process going through the correct channels. Facebook discussions are not the place to be conducting these processes (if indeed such processes are occurring), and should the Regiment be receiving a custom logo, proper notice should first be given to that Regiment rather than simply taking the work upon yourself and commissioning somebody to do the work to a standard that you feel represents the identity of the Regiment.

I appreciate the work being put into organising the Regiments - but I do not appreciate decisions that affect me being undertaken without my input. I'm sure there are many others among both my own Regiment, and other Regiments, that would agree with this sentiment. Therefore, I'm asking for confirmation on the above before I clamber up onto my soapbox - hopefully, an argument can be averted if a decent explanation is given.

Last edited by a moderator:
Going to put this down here before things even begin here:

I've noticed that one or two other Regiments have been getting new Regimental logos without the design process being vetted through the Regiments that the logos are being designed for - or, at least, if these new logos are being vetted, they're certainly not being vetted through the 405th, which is an argument I had a long time ago regarding the Southern Regiment logo.

Masterchief0624, I'm going to ask you here and now for confirmation that European isn't going to be forced to adopt a new logo without the vetting process going through the correct channels. Facebook discussions are not the place to be conducting these processes (if indeed such processes are occurring), and should the Regiment be receiving a custom logo, proper notice should first be given to that Regiment rather than simply taking the work upon yourself and commissioning somebody to do the work to a standard that you feel represents the identity of the Regiment.

I appreciate the work being put into organising the Regiments - but I do not appreciate decisions that affect me being undertaken without my input. I'm sure there are many others among both my own Regiment, and other Regiments, that would agree with this sentiment. Therefore, I'm asking for confirmation on the above before I clamber up onto my soapbox - hopefully, an argument can be averted if a decent explanation is given.

Hello Chernobyl, this quesiton will be better answered by our DIO Asgardianhammer. We did show a "preview" of the logos to the RCO's a few weeks ago. None of the process took place on FB. It was our designers that helps us on this.

Chernobyl, these logos have all been vetted as intended, by the Division staff and by the Regiment staff. It was never intended to be vetted by individual members.

Last edited:
Chernobyl, these logos have all been vetted as intended, by the Division staff and by the Regiment staff. It was never intended to be vetted by individual members.

Under the assumption that minor adjustments only were to be made. On the whole I'm seeing a lot of logos redesigned from the ground up - doesn't that entirely nullify the point of engaging in the design process by the community to begin with? It's pants-on-head batsplit insane to take an identity that some Regiments have worked hard on for months, snatch it out from under their noses, and then say 'actually, we don't like this, use that instead' without so much as a consultation first.

Do I mind re-designing the Logos to fit the guidelines? Hell no. Do I mind the logos being re-designed behind closed doors without input from the communities that were responsible for giving those designs life? Hell yes.

Clearly there was a misunderstanding about the process that was being taken. :(

Under the assumption that minor adjustments only were to be made. On the whole I'm seeing a lot of logos redesigned from the ground up - doesn't that entirely nullify the point of engaging in the design process by the community to begin with? It's pants-on-head batsplit insane to take an identity that some Regiments have worked hard on for months, snatch it out from under their noses, and then say 'actually, we don't like this, use that instead' without so much as a consultation first.

Do I mind re-designing the Logos to fit the guidelines? Hell no. Do I mind the logos being re-designed behind closed doors without input from the communities that were responsible for giving those designs life? Hell yes.

Clearly there was a misunderstanding about the process that was being taken. :(

Clearly some explaining needs to be done, and there's a lot of work you guys up on the Regimental Staff level have to do to pacify the Regimental communities - I for one won't be satisfied with an 'oopsie, we messed up, but here's your logo anyways' this time. You guys want to do something for the community, you engage with the community - you don't take all of the hard work these people have put into designing these logos and then throw it away without consultation simply to fit your own views on what the Regimental heraldry should be. Giving three or four people complete control over the logo design completely invalidates the purpose of our initial design process. That's a massive slap in the face to everyone who participated in designing these logos in the first place, and I'm very disappointed in you.

I am sorry to see you are disappointed and also sorry to see that you don't like the process we have taken, but it is the process that was taken... the past tense being the key part of that. The logos are done. No amount of explaining will pacify those who don't want to be pacified, so we will simply have to bear the weight of your disappointment.

Clearly some explaining needs to be done, and there's a lot of work you guys up on the Regimental Staff level have to do to pacify the Regimental communities - I for one won't be satisfied with an 'oopsie, we messed up, but here's your logo anyways' this time. You guys want to do something for the community, you engage with the community - you don't take all of the hard work these people have put into designing these logos and then throw it away without consultation simply to fit your own views on what the Regimental heraldry should be. Giving three or four people complete control over the logo design completely invalidates the purpose of our initial design process. That's a massive slap in the face to everyone who participated in designing these logos in the first place, and I'm very disappointed in you.

so we will simply have to bear the weight of your disappointment.

A crushing responsibility, I'm sure, with no small amount of sarcasm inferred from your statement.

No. This isn't acceptable. Staff or no, this is absolutely unacceptable and I refuse to abide by this. You don't simply take months of hard work from members, scoop it all up, and then fiddle with it behind closed doors as you see fit - and you certainly don't get a free pass simply because the decision was 'already made'. This isn't a matter of 'pacification', I already explained that I (as well as a number of other people) would have been fine with editorial alterations to the Regimental logo had the community been involved with the process. Instead, we've pretty much invalidated the last few months of work and decent designs by hard-working members, simply to fill some criteria. As I've already said, I've seen quite a few designs now that completely bypass the original spirit of the final logo decided upon by the community - do you not think that the people involved in the design of those logos deserve some input on their creations?

I understand that some quality control is due with the designs that were presented. I don't mind this - I even expected it. But for liberties to be taken with these designs without consultation of the target audience for those designs, is absolutely unacceptable. You don't get a free pass for saying 'out of my hands, decision already made'. I'm sorry to have to dig my heels in on this one, but it's non-negotiable. Don't take a community project out of the hands of the community - I think that, at the very least, an apology is due to the involved communities for having the past few months' worth of work completely invalidated. That's a huge slap in the face to a project that was originally focused upon bringing communities together.

Sorry to have to dig my heels in like this, but this has really diminished my faith in your ability to run this site fairly and with consideration towards the communities that comprise it. You've got some work due on rebuilding that faith.

No sarcasm intended. I am simply not going to engage you again on a matter in which you will not be appeased, so what other choice do I have than to endure your disappoint... for a logo you have yet to even see.

A crushing responsibility, I'm sure, with no small amount of sarcasm inferred from your statement.

for a logo you have yet to even see.
We should wait until its here and then decide if we need the torches and pitchforks :D
But it would be a shame if all we did was just ignored since a lot of people (including me) really put some thoughts and work into it.

No sarcasm intended. I am simply not going to engage you again on a matter in which you will not be appeased

I already gave you a great way to start 'pacifying' those of us that think your decisions were a little... oh, what's that term....? Pants-on-head?

Saying 'I'm the admin, I call the shots, tough nippy' doesn't really cut it, and it shows exactly how much consideration you give to the community when you fire off like this. If you'd wanted bespoke designs fit for purpose from the start, why not cut out the middle-man and just have Asgardianhammer do all the work from the beginning? No fuss, no arguments, no toes trodden on. Just clean, fit-for-use designs without any fuss. Nobody'd have thought the worse, you'd have been hailed as a hero for providing some great designs we could all use.

But, since these were community-driven projects, one would be led to assume that that's the way they'd end. Y'know - as community-driven projects. As something the entire Regiment could be involved in and be proud of.

what other choice do I have than to endure your disappoint... for a logo you have yet to even see.

Whether or not I like the Logo the European Regiment is presented with is entirely irrelevant - don't deflect the discussion. That's relevant is that:

ONE: A community project has been taken away from community control
TWO: other Regiments are showing their displeasure at design alterations without consultation

Maybe we don't all have to like the logos we're presented with. I'll settle for that - but I'd definitely appreciate, next time, being given a voice to decide on how I'm represented, rather than having somebody assume they know best for me.

I'd definitely appreciate, next time, being given a voice to decide on how I'm represented, rather than having somebody assume they know best for me.

You were given a voice. You elected a Regiment CO to represent you in such matters and they did.

We should wait until its here and then decide if we need the torches and pitchforks :D
But it would be a shame if all we did was just ignored since a lot of people (including me) really put some thoughts and work into it.

Definitely weren't ignored and I hope you will be pleased with the final result which does have a number of the elements in some of the designs that were uploaded here.

You were given a voice. You elected a Regiment CO to represent you in such matters and they did.

Funny. I don't recall ever putting a vote in for the European CO. In fact, I recall still heading up Excalibur at the time of voting in Regimental powers. Your point is invalid.

Regardless of the fact, that still doesn't excuse completely diverting the purpose of this exercise from 'guys, make up your own logos and we'll do minor quality control' to 'let's just make our own, shall we?'

Definitely weren't ignored and I hope you will be pleased with the final result which does have a number of the elements in some of the designs that were uploaded here.

So much for 'we should only need to tweak the designs slightly and get them into a decent format'. We've gone from 'small fixes' to 'entirely redesigning the logos for you' - are you beginning to see exactly why I'm so angry at you?

I do understand that you can't please the majority. But 'we can't please everybody' should never be followed up by 'so we'll please nobody' - you've completely missed the entire point of what made this a group-based thing that everybody could be proud of, and given total control to two or three people to do with as they wish. May as well have just not bothered in the first place, especially in the instances where the finalised logo will only bear a cursory, passing resemblance to the logos the communities worked hard on producing. It's a massive kick in the teeth, in particular, to the winning artist whose designs were chosen - yeah, great, good work, now let's just... Yeah, this needs to go, that needs to go.... And before you know it, the Mona Lisa's wearing hip threads from Hot Topic and designer Gucci glasses.

Starting to see my point?

Well can i still say goodmorning?

I seemed to have missed some stuff while I was asleep.
I finally got the go ahead to reveal the logo.
You can judge it yourself.
405th lockups all-01.png
European MASTER_FINALS_061515 OUT.png

we will be receiving a banner and some promotional material aswell.
For now only one for europe and we will look into getting more since one is not gonna cover it all and shipping that stuff between us is crazywork.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back