First Build: Spartan Emile and Spartan Kat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick Update,

So we finally got most of the painting down, and some strapping still need to clear coat everything too. Was finally able to do a quick test fit of the legs and torso together. The chest might be a bit too small but let me know what you guys think. I mean my wife and I both agree it fits well but just doesn't sit low enough on her chest. Other then that I think everything over all looks good.

View attachment 239109 View attachment 239110 View attachment 239111

I also realize we switched the shins by accident on the test lol didn't notice till now. This week we will be focusing on painting all the other pieces helmet and bicep and creating some abdomen panels for the under suit. So hopefully by Thursday we can be looking forward to full body test fit.
damn that's slick.

Thom A293 That is some beautiful piece you have planed for vivalablake89. Now Viva, if I may make a suggestion: Don't use standard EVA foam for this.....I would suggest a thin a craft foam in the 1/4" range and make it really molded closely to your wife's arm and separate piece and not attach it to the chest (if that was what you were planing). It would offset the thickness of the other arm to give the appearance of a prosthetic. And Capt. Obvious checking in: Black under-layer as thin as possible..... duh.......o_O

Thom A293 That is some beautiful piece you have planed for vivalablake89. Now Viva, if I may make a suggestion: Don't use standard EVA foam for this.....I would suggest a thin a craft foam in the 1/4" range and make it really molded closely to your wife's arm and separate piece and not attach it to the chest (if that was what you were planing). It would offset the thickness of the other arm to give the appearance of a prosthetic. And Capt. Obvious checking in: Black under-layer as thin as possible..... duh.......o_O

Haha already got all that done and yes I went exactly the route you pointed out. It worked out rather well too, great minds think alike ;).

Alright this will be my first of 2 updates this weekend. This first one will be showing what I've finished on the arm and the helmet which is now all complete except fort he visor, which I'm picking up tonight.

So for the arm I made the majority of it out of 6mm craft foam. As Dirtdives had stated before I went with this so it would be as thin as possible to get as close to my wife's skin while still holding its form.

photo 1 (1).JPG
photo 2 (1).JPG
photo 3 (1).JPG
photo 4 (1).JPG

This what I have so far, I will add more details and have the rest finished by tonight hopefully. Hope I'm not doing to bad with your model Thom A293 If you think something's off let me know. I may redo this one all over again after this next convention, but for now I'm going to have to stick with this rushed version.

Also my wife finished the paint job on the helmet and I was able to clear coat and give some battle damage. I think we are both very proud of our first foam helmet. Cant wait to get the visor tonight! We will also be doing a first full test fit tonight since everything is painted, sealed, strapped, and mud washed. so hopefully will have it updated tomorrow or Wednesday.

photo 1.JPG
photo 2.JPG
photo 3.JPG
photo 4.JPG
photo 5.JPG

Some more seriously awesome foamwork! And the paint job for the helmet....mmmmmm....so good man, so good. I'm excited for this next test fit!

Okay so the past 2 days have been crazy I finally was able to get all the strapping on and the visor and helmet padding installed on that bucket. I was able to find a motorcycle shop last night that had the perfect size and color visor, so as promised the first complete test fit!
photo 1.JPG
photo 2.JPG
photo 3.JPG
photo 5.JPG

And of course we got carried away and had to the get the action pose...

photo 4.JPG

So around 2 am last night we finally finished attaching the under suit pieces, which I wish we had waited to take these pics with those complete. I still also have the robotic arm shoulder attachment all it needs is to be attached as well as the abdominal console. I think after that we are solid.
Later on after Katsucon I will be making the drop leg attachment for her left thigh did not have time to assemble it and attach it without rushing and making unnecessary errors. Honestly I'm just glad everything fits well and she has complete mobility and visibility. We did a test run and everything stayed in place and she is able to do a half squat. My only disappointment is the knee pads, Honestly they are too big and keep hitting the thighs. So after this con I will be remaking them scaled smaller. Other then that let me know what you guys think.

vivalablake89, sorry dude.......I think you are doing your wife a great injustice by forcing her to wear this poor rendition of a Kat costume. A terrible travesty that I'm loathed to even view pictures of. You should be ashamed of your self, subjecting your wife in such an ill-mannered fashion!!! How dare you. And you call yourself a 405th-er........A Colonial Regiment member no less!!! How long did it take you in relation to your own suit build.......1/100 of the time? For shame............Got a spare one for my wife.......?:D She is 6'1".........FANTASTIC job man!!!!:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Sees alert, clicks on it and sees new post, starts to read but begins to wonder why he hasn't seen any pictures yet...

BUT THEN BEHOLD IT FINALLY LOADS
tumblr_myumcxvvsZ1qmemieo5_250.gif

IT'S BEEEEAAAAUUUUUTIIIIIFUUUUUUUUUULLLLL
Amazing work Blake! I look forward to seeing it with those under-suit pieces!

vivalablake89, sorry dude.......I think you are doing your wife a great injustice by forcing her to wear this poor rendition of a Kat costume. A terrible travesty that I'm loathed to even view pictures of. You should be ashamed of your self, subjecting your wife in such an ill-mannered fashion!!! How dare you. And you call yourself a 405th-er........A Colonial Regiment member no less!!! How long did it take you in relation to your own suit build.......1/100 of the time? For shame............Got a spare one for my wife.......?:D She is 6'1".........FANTASTIC job man!!!!:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Haha thanks brother! Also why is it that all my 405th friends and their family members are so much taller then me and my wife lol, we are not fit to be Spartans :cry::cry::cry:

Sees alert, clicks on it and sees new post, starts to read but begins to wonder why he hasn't seen any pictures yet...

BUT THEN BEHOLD IT FINALLY LOADS
View attachment 239626
IT'S BEEEEAAAAUUUUUTIIIIIFUUUUUUUUUULLLLL
Amazing work Blake! I look forward to seeing it with those under-suit pieces!

LMAO you know how to make my day, thanks bro! And curse that Canadian wifi of yours! Everytime we are at the end of a strike.
shall-not-pass.gif

Haha thanks brother! Also why is it that all my 405th friends and their family members are so much taller then me and my wife lol, we are not fit to be Spartans :cry::cry::cry:

Geneticists? I think when we last saw each other at NYC Comicon....my 11 year-olds were just about your height.......and they have grown since then.....sorry.....;)

*Maniacal laugh*(with pinky in corner of mouth) Schankerz , you are a very Gif-ted person. :D:D:D

vivalablake89, Happy B-day! go buy lots of t-shirts! :p

that suit looks fan-tast-ic. it looks like *papeesheewoosh* converted into physical matter!
If that doesn't make any sense, Oh well!:whistle: I hope you know what in the world I'm talking about!

it's kinda like a...you know, like a....a... a really awesome Taco guy.
Hrmm...who could that be?;)

maybe I should go now...I don't want to get out of hand...

thread de-railer Blackwell out!:ninja:
*pawadoosh* *sneaky ninja noises*
*breaking glass* *wachow!* *your wall being destroyed*

Master Splinter needs me!

but remember..."Help each other, be good to each other...umm...eat PIZZA?" :rolleyes:

Last edited:
LMFAO!!!! mblackwell1002 I did not know someone could fit so many sound effects in one comment on a 405th build thread:lol::lol::lol::lol:
Thanks for the kind words bud, by the way if you try to destroy the wall you'll have to go thru Dirtdives first ;)

Dirtdives won't hold up much resistance, his chin is constantly hitting the rim of his helmet, disabling his trash talk. I need to get to the sewer and into my hideout, and unfortunately for you, your house is en-route.:devil:

I've said it once, and I'll say it again: Master Splinter needs me!

Ooh man, I've gone off topic. again. *facepalm*

Thread-derailer Blackwell out, Ego intact!:ninja:
Hahaha!:lol:
*squachoom!* *Flachang!* *papeesheewoosh!* *Dongow!* *shkadoosh!*(y)

alright, I'll be on my way...

Did I mention that you have a really nice Wonder Woman plate on your table that has the MG resting on it? I forgot to mention that before...I didn't want to get off-topic or anything...:rolleyes:

I seriously need to go; and stay on topic...:oops:

Last edited:
Dirtdives won't hold up much resistance, his chin is constantly hitting the rim of his helmet, disabling his trash talk. I need to get to the sewer and into my hideout, and unfortunately for you, your house is en-route.:devil:

(Que sound effect) "Bump!!" (Chin on helmet)......ouch......problem is, mblackwell1002 is already within the border......DEPORTATION POWERS ACTIVATE!!!! ***ZAAAAPPPPPPP****

Is he gone?:whistle: Wasn't me.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back