1st Build Halo 3 odst 3d print build.

Progress shot on the rest of the armor!
Gotta pause until it gets warmer, wife upset about the layer of bondo dust covering the garage haha.

Attachments

• 20240114_183953.jpg
    20240114_183953.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 37
After a scrub down of the last attempt, I have this new one that feels more dirt grime rather than dust from siting on a shelf.
Looks like you found that good medium. The stencils look great as well. If they weren't so expensive I'd purchase a cricut myself. I've commissioned another member to print some off for me.

Got the visor in so good will here I come for a sacrifical pot to dye the thing haha.
Trying to get another printer I picked up working well enough as well to keep my busy until this cold decides to wander off.

Attachments

• 20240205_142431.jpg
    20240205_142431.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 23
Went and tactically acquired the use of a cricut.
And threw some pads in there, while everything is printing I am going to try my hand at shocking myself wiring a fan into it, got a couple of spare blowers laying around!

It's gonna use a 9 volt so no worries about the build updates stopping suddenly haha!
That’s cool man! 9 volts will still give you a lil jump lol. Just lick it before and you’ll be fine.

the layer of bondo dust covering the garage haha.
I hope you also take that as a safety concern. That stuff is not good for the lungs. I hope you build a way to capture/contain/filter as you work so this isn't getting kicked up in the air and breathed every time someone moves something in the garage. Even a home furnace filter on top of a box fan to create a filtered down-suck can help a lot. Like the small one's used in nail salons but on a larger scale.
And of course you should be wearing a respirator mask while doing all that sanding etc.

Attachments

• 1707612126454.png
    1707612126454.png
    763.8 KB · Views: 15
I hope you also take that as a safety concern. That stuff is not good for the lungs. I hope you build a way to capture/contain/filter as you work so this isn't getting kicked up in the air and breathed every time someone moves something in the garage. Even a home furnace filter on top of a box fan to create a filtered down-suck can help a lot. Like the small one's used in nail salons but on a larger scale.
And of course you should be wearing a respirator mask while doing all that sanding etc.
Super appreciate the health concern! I haven't thought of using it as just under the source of the dust Thats a great idea!
I was taking precautions of wearing the mask but hadn't realized it was just building up everywhere. Have since deep vaccumed the whole area i was sanding hence the halt in progress at the moment.
Definitely gonna try that box fan, furnace filter trick. Thank you!

Got the visor all tinted.
Nervous to try spraying it with chrome paint because my nose kinda rubs against the front as I have a fat head haha.
Should I try for a one way tint?
I just don't want a smudge to appear slowly that rubs off the paint.

Attachments

• 20240312_175023.jpg
    20240312_175023.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 21
  • 20240312_205222.jpg
    20240312_205222.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 19

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back