Introduce Yourself - The Sequel!

Hello everyone! First post here on the 405th forums.

First Name: Jason
Profession? Student?: Front end staff at a Tattoo shop.
Favorite Hobby: Miniature painting
Favorite part of Halo: The universe/story/lore
Favorite Halo: Halo Reach
Favorite Video Game: The tide series, Vermintide/Darktide
Other Interests: Reading, gaming and streaming
Favorite Food: Pork Katsu Don
Favorite Band: Dir En Grey
Favorite Movie(s): Starship Troopers
What do you hope to learn here?: To improve my crafting skills and meet awesome people
Have you built/made a costume before?: Yes
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: No
Other: Huge warhammer 40k nerd as well

First Name: Oscar
Profession? Student?: Cybersecurity analyst
Favorite Hobby: videogames xd
Favorite part of Halo: halo legends histories for sure
Favorite Halo: Halo reach
Favorite Video Game: AC unity is one of em
Other Interests: weightlifting
Favorite Food: tacos
Favorite Band: a dj, alesso
Favorite Movie(s): interestelar
What do you hope to learn here?: how to make some props and cosplay and join the community
Have you built/made a costume before?: yes
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: nop
Other: im from mexico fellas XD
Hey Oscar, welcome to the 405th forums!

You enjoy weightlifting, do you mean Olympic or casual weightlifting?
I'm an Interstellar fan too! It's a great movie, there are some very interesting scenes and concepts in it.

I would absolutely recommend that you check out the tutorials section for more information that you can make use of in making your first cosplay armour. There's a guide or tutorial for everything you'll need in there!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask or open a thread.
Enjoy your time in the 405th!

Hello everyone! First post here on the 405th forums.

First Name: Jason
Profession? Student?: Front end staff at a Tattoo shop.
Favorite Hobby: Miniature painting
Favorite part of Halo: The universe/story/lore
Favorite Video Game: The tide series, Vermintide/Darktide
Other Interests: Reading, gaming and streaming
Favorite Food: Pork Katsu Don
Favorite Band: Dir En Grey
Favorite Movie(s): Starship Troopers
What do you hope to learn here?: To improve my crafting skills and meet awesome people
Have you built/made a costume before?: Yes
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: No
Other: Huge warhammer 40k nerd as well
Hi Jason, welcome to the 405th!

Another Warhammer fan, you won't have any trouble fitting in here now! A large contingent of us here are 40k and AOS fans, myself included.

You've made a costume before? Perfect! That'll give you a nice boost getting into the hobby so you mightn't need to worry as much about learning some of the basic techniques. Of course I would still recommend that you go over them just to be safe! We have various instructionals and such in the tutorials section that you can make use of, definitely go check them out!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask away or open a thread.

Hi Jason, welcome to the 405th!

Another Warhammer fan, you won't have any trouble fitting in here now! A large contingent of us here are 40k and AOS fans, myself included.

You've made a costume before? Perfect! That'll give you a nice boost getting into the hobby so you mightn't need to worry as much about learning some of the basic techniques. Of course I would still recommend that you go over them just to be safe! We have various instructionals and such in the tutorials section that you can make use of, definitely go check them out!

Thank you for the warm welcome Jev. Seems to be that if you are in any public place and you yell, For Reach, For Super Earth, or For the Emperor, you're bound to make some new friends!

I'm pretty happy with the general build of my ODST outfit at this point, most of my progress I feel will be adjusting it and making it more comfortable along with some better painting. I'm on the fence about doing a Spartan build at this point, it seems a bit intimidating, but being here definitely means I will have the resources I need to take the plunge if I get brave enough.

Thank you for the warm welcome Jev. Seems to be that if you are in any public place and you yell, For Reach, For Super Earth, or For the Emperor, you're bound to make some new friends!

I'm pretty happy with the general build of my ODST outfit at this point, most of my progress I feel will be adjusting it and making it more comfortable along with some better painting. I'm on the fence about doing a Spartan build at this point, it seems a bit intimidating, but being here definitely means I will have the resources I need to take the plunge if I get brave enough.
No worries bud, I couldn't agree more!

I can see your ODST build in your pfp, it looks really good for a first build! You should've seen my first build, it was actually shocking :lol:
I'd say working on your painting an strapping will definitely help you for when you decide to make the leap and start a Spartan build (which I definitely recommend you do). Spartan armour can be awfully intimidating when you're just starting but as you just chip away at it piece-by-piece it really gets more manageable to build.
Not to mention that you don't HAVE to use the first few armour piecese you make, god knows I've got about 3 poorly made shins and a set of biceps that I just couldn't get right. However as you build more and more you will gain experience and every piece you make will increase in quality.

Try it, enjoy it and see how it goes! That's my best advice for you.
Best of luck ;)

Hi everyone, first time post as well as first non-Reddit forum posting so hopefully this reply is to the right thread and such.
First Name: Aaron she/they
Profession? Student?: Software Engineer
Favorite Hobby: TTRPGs and 3D printing minis
Favorite part of Halo: nostalgia playing and Red Vs Blue
Favorite Video Game: Terarria
Other Interests: LEGO, Pokémon and Magic TCGs, and Godzilla
Favorite Food: Dark Chocolate
Favorite Band: Capital Cities
Favorite Movie(s): Wreck-It Ralph and The Muppets
What do you hope to learn here?: I hope to get better at cosplay crafting by learning better 3D printing techniques, and maybe some foam crafting as well.
Have you built/made a costume before?: Yes, but not like full armor. More so just props and more casual cosplays. This year I made Brigitte’s mace from Overwatch but went in her casual overalls look and not fully armored.
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: N/a
Other: my husband also likes to cosplay craft and can do more of the sewing and foam work, while I run the 3D printer and spray painting, but he’s never been much of a halo person.

Hi everybody!! Happy to be here and meet all of you! I'm so excited to troop with the 405th shortly after getting my Reach Spartan build completed!

First Name: Laura (the gamers call me Spidey or Solar)
Profession? Student?: Majoring in Biology, no job atm
Favorite Hobby: Studio art, cosplay
Favorite part of Halo: The depth and personality of the campaigns/multiplayers
Favorite Halo: Can't decide between Reach and H3
Favorite Video Game: Star Wars Battlefront 2 (in its prime)
Other Interests: Fencing, painting, baking pies (specifically pies), drawing, traveling to conventions
Favorite Food: Some good homemade chocolate
Favorite music artist: Stephen Sanchez or Laufey
Favorite Movie(s): Star Wars (Original and Prequel trilogies), Matrix trilogy, Godzilla, Interstellar, Wall-E, Stargate (you can see the trend here)
What do you hope to learn here?: I'm excited to learn more styles and systems used for building Halo armor along with any type of cosplay really, I love to hear about all the different strategies and techniques other builders follow that work for them and it helps me to brainstorm what might work for my build when I start it!
Have you built/made a costume before?: I have! My builds include Samus's Varia Suit from Metroid: Dread, Ahsoka Tano (Siege of Mandalore), and a custom Mandalorian.
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: I am in the process of submitting my Ahsoka for approval in the Rebel Legion and my Mandalorian in the MMCC.
Other: You can find me llspidey on Instagram if you'd like to connect! I love to see everyone's work so I'll prob follow all of you all back!

Hi everyone, first time post as well as first non-Reddit forum posting so hopefully this reply is to the right thread and such.
First Name: Aaron she/they
Profession? Student?: Software Engineer
Favorite Hobby: TTRPGs and 3D printing minis
Favorite part of Halo: nostalgia playing and Red Vs Blue
Favorite Video Game: Terarria
Other Interests: LEGO, Pokémon and Magic TCGs, and Godzilla
Favorite Food: Dark Chocolate
Favorite Band: Capital Cities
Favorite Movie(s): Wreck-It Ralph and The Muppets
What do you hope to learn here?: I hope to get better at cosplay crafting by learning better 3D printing techniques, and maybe some foam crafting as well.
Have you built/made a costume before?: Yes, but not like full armor. More so just props and more casual cosplays. This year I made Brigitte’s mace from Overwatch but went in her casual overalls look and not fully armored.
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: N/a
Other: my husband also likes to cosplay craft and can do more of the sewing and foam work, while I run the 3D printer and spray painting, but he’s never been much of a halo person.
Hey Aaron, rest assured that you're in the right place.
Welcome to the 405th!

3D printing is somewhat of a specialty here as you can imagine :lol:, we can definitely help you out if you're having any problems 3d printing. We also have a load of tutorials that you canuse to learn how to print with better quality and other printing issues you may have. Check out the tutorial section for more details.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask or open a thread!

First Name: Anna
Profession? Student?: Inspiring Author
Favorite Hobby: Photography
Favorite part of Halo: The quotes
Favorite Halo: Halo: Reach
Favorite Video Game: Second Extinction (which has been discontinued sadly)
Other Interests: Reading, listen to video game soundtracks
Favorite Food: Rice
Favorite Band: AC/DC
Favorite Movie(s): Trick 'r Treat, Friday the 13th, Jaws
What do you hope to learn here?: How to build Spartan armor and unsc weapons
Have you built/made a costume before?: No
Do you belong to any other costume communities? No
If so, which one(s)?:
Other:
Hoping to make some friends and be buddies

Last edited:
First Name: Lestat
Profession? Student?: Retail manager
Favorite Hobby: Dungeons and Dragons
Favorite part of Halo: Campaign.
Favorite Halo: Reach
Favorite Video Game: Halo Reach, Bioshock Infinite, Red Dead Redemption 2.
Other Interests: Dungeons and Dragons, cosplay in general, comics, movies, playing guitar,
Favorite Food: Pizza
Favorite Band: Black Pistol Fire
Favorite Movie(s): Scott Pilgrim vs. the World
What do you hope to learn here?: how to make the perfect looking Halo Reach armour.
Have you built/made a costume before?: Yes! I used to work on a lot of comic book costumes, Spiderman being my biggest one (3d webs and the lot!)
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: nope
Other: I'm an Englishman, haven't attended cons in about 10 years (last one was RTX London RIP), but want to come back with a bang! and finish the suit I started around 2013 but with all the changes and advancements you guys have made how could I not start again (keeping my helmet) and make it the best I can!

Howdy Will, welcome to the 405th Infantry Division!

I know the scene that you're on about, it's up there as one of the most cinematic in my opinion! The mac rounds just sound and feel like they have mass in that cutscene, don't they?
You like your steak rare, just as god intended ;) , it's the only way to have a good steak. Medium rare is skirting the line to heresy, well done is up there with having steak and ketchup.

If it's better techniques and a better way to paint that you were looking for, we've got it all here. Chech out the tutorials tab or look through the Halo costumes and props tab to find builds you like and just ask the maker there!

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask away or open a thread.
Enjoy your time in the 405th.
Thank you , I’ve never felt more welcome to a community

First Name: Anna
Profession? Student?: Inspiring Author
Favorite Hobby: Photography
Favorite part of Halo: The quotes
Favorite Halo: Halo: Reach
Favorite Video Game: Second Extinction (which has been discontinued sadly)
Other Interests: Reading, listen to video game soundtracks
Favorite Food: Rice
Favorite Band: AC/DC
Favorite Movie(s): Trick 'r Treat, Friday the 13th, Jaws
What do you hope to learn here?: How to build Spartan armor and unsc weapons
Have you built/made a costume before?: No
Do you belong to any other costume communities? No
If so, which one(s)?:
Other:
Hoping to make some friends and be buddies
Hi Anna, welcome to the 405th!

Yet another AC/DC fan! We seem to be growing in numbers these days. My favourite song from them is probably Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap.
Halloween is my favourite time of year (and coincidentally my birthday lol) so your movie choices are just barking up the right tree :lol:, Trick 'r Treat is a fun one!

If Spartan armour is what you want, Spartan armour is what you will have ( after you make the time investment obviously xD ). We've got plenty of tutorials to help you on your way to making a suit! Definitely check out the Halo costumes and props section for inspiration as well too.

I won't lie, this is probably one of the most friendly communities that I've joined. Everyone here is honestly so nice to talk to. You'll definitely make some friends here, sounds like you've already got a lot in common with us!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask or start a thread!
Enjoy your time in the 405th.

First Name: Lestat
Profession? Student?: Retail manager
Favorite Hobby: Dungeons and Dragons
Favorite part of Halo: Campaign.
Favorite Halo: Reach
Favorite Video Game: Halo Reach, Bioshock Infinite, Red Dead Redemption 2.
Other Interests: Dungeons and Dragons, cosplay in general, comics, movies, playing guitar,
Favorite Band: Black Pistol Fire
Favorite Movie(s): Scott Pilgrim vs. the World
What do you hope to learn here?: how to make the perfect looking Halo Reach armour.
Have you built/made a costume before?: Yes! I used to work on a lot of comic book costumes, Spiderman being my biggest one (3d webs and the lot!)
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: nope
Other: I'm an Englishman, haven't attended cons in about 10 years (last one was RTX London RIP), but want to come back with a bang! and finish the suit I started around 2013 but with all the changes and advancements you guys have made how could I not start again (keeping my helmet) and make it the best I can!
Howya Lestat, welcome to the forums!

A returning cosplayer? Welcome back to the hobby, my friend!
I'll be very curious to see how you'll make your undersuit for your armour concerning your previous Spiderman cosplay. We have a pretty large English contingent of ODSTs and Spartans actually, you should meet some of us if you attend any large cons.

Depending on your crafting medium, we have tutorials and guides for pretty much everything you might need to make. One general tutorial I would recommend would be one by our own N8TEBB, it covers the basics of pretty much everything and will make sure that you've got a solid base to build more knowledge on (I'll link it below for you).

Enjoy your time here bud!

First Name: Adam
Profession? Student?: Admin Support/Communications team
Favorite Hobby: Miniature Painting
Favorite part of Halo: The lore, especially the Kilo 5 Trilogy
Favorite Halo: ODST
Favorite Video Game: I don't really have a favourite game, I get hyperfocus' that I end up latching on to and get way too invested in.
Other Interests: D&D, Lego, procrastination, Warhammer 40k (painting and lore, could never get into the actual game), and Star Wars
Favorite Band: My Chemical Romance
Favorite Movie(s): Serenity, Rogue One, and not a movie but the Clone Wars animated TV series
What do you hope to learn here?: How to create costumes, work with the different materials, and learn as many different techniques as I can
Have you built/made a costume before?: I have not, no
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: Cosmos, Eye of Harmoni, Emerald Garrison (all Northern Ireland based groups)
Other: I've had an ODST kit sitting untouched for maybe 10 or more years, so I'm hoping to get stuck in and get that finished at last

First Name: Mina
Profession? Student?: Software developer/platform engineer
Favorite Hobby: Reading, running
Favorite part of Halo: All of you!
Favorite Halo: I've never played :eek: Working to remedy this though; I have to get back to PC gaming; console controllers just don't work for me.
Favorite Video Game: Mario Kart, Portal and Horizon Zero Dawn (though I haven't finished HZD yet; aforementioned controller issues)
Other Interests: Dr. Who, MCU, Star Wars, The Cosmere, LOTR, Sudoku ... I have a lot.
Favorite Food: Ramen
Favorite Band: The Protomen
Favorite Movie(s): Rogue One & season 7 of Clone Wars (I cried so much)
What do you hope to learn here?: To appreciate the art of crafting & get better at costume creating so ajiajiaji isn't burdened with making both our cosplay bits
Have you built/made a costume before?: Not a full costume but I made a Witch King of Angmar helmet out of cardstock. It was one-time use.
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: Nope.
Other: I had been very not interested in crafting and FPSs; until I met the 405th group at C2E2. I've since created a wearable (not presentable lol) ODST helmet out of foam + hot glue, and researching an entry-level gaming PC.

Last edited:
First Name: Ben​
Profession? Student?: Student​
Favorite Hobby: 3D modelling (Blender), digital art, Gym​
Favorite part of Halo: Playing together with my dad and my brother and having a good time together​
Favorite Halo: Halo 2 Anniversary, since I played it together with my dad and my brother on our X-Box back in 2015​
Favorite Video Game: Paladins and War Thunder​
Other Interests: I did airsoft for quite some time and I go to the gym​
Favorite Food: Self made protein shake 3k calories (message me if you're interested in the ingredients)​
Favorite Band: Tevvez and Mqx​
Favorite Movie(s): Dune 1 and 2, Astartes Project by Syama Pedersen​
What do you hope to learn here?: I hope I can get some advice for my ODST Build, since I'm a complete beginner at making armor and maybe make some friends on the way.​
Have you built/made a costume before?: I made a loadout based on the russian MilSim skin from Call of Duty Warzone.​
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: No, this is my first costume community.​
Other: I hope I can finish my ODST Build by October this year since there is a pretty big con going on near my place.​

First Name: Justin
Profession? Student?: Subway -___- but on the lookout for something better and bigger, and wanting to learn a trade or skill…
Favorite Hobby: Archery
Favorite part of Halo: the characters that are fleshed out in the novels, but I also really liked ODST as far as games went. It was…unique when compared to the rest. It changed up some things.
Favorite Halo: ^^ Halo 3 ODST, but that could change after I play Halo Wars or Halo Wars 2
Favorite Video Game: Halo 3, my first Halo experience with friends.
Other Interests: Archery, Cooking, exercising, camping, javelin throwing, hatchet throwing.
Favorite Food: Lobster or Fish
Favorite Band: Breaking Benjamin
Favorite Movie(s): toughie, but I’d say 2009’s Star Trek currently.
What do you hope to learn here?: more about costume and apparel design and construction. Might make it my career/trade of choice if I can get good at it.
Have you built/made a costume before?: NOPE
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: N/A

Hello All! Our former Introduce Yourself thread has grown to a massive 421 pages so it is time to lock that one down and start fresh!

First of all - welcome to all of our new family! We want to know all about you, but let's start with these few questions!

First Name:
Profession? Student?:
Favorite part of Halo:
Favorite Halo:
Favorite Video Game:
Other Interests:
Favorite Food:
Favorite Band:
Favorite Movie(s):
What do you hope to learn here?:
Have you built/made a costume before?:
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?:
Other:
First Name: Ronan but you can call me Ron
Profession? Student?: Informatic Tehcnician
Favorite Hobby: Playing video game haha
Favorite part of Halo: last cinematic of Halo 4 when Chief return to the base.
Favorite Video Game: Halo
Other Interests: Informatic
Favorite Food: SUSHI
Favorite Band: ACDC
Favorite Movie(s): Interstellar
What do you hope to learn here?: making my own armor of Halo
Have you built/made a costume before?: not yet
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: no
Other: I'm a Halo Insider

First Name: Trystan
Profession? Student?: I do 3rd party logistics, but I'm looking to return to school
Favorite Hobby: video games, hockey
Favorite part of Halo: Lore, quotes, ARMOUR :D
Favorite Halo: H3 ODST/Reach, tied
Favorite Video Game: Halo/Helldivers 2 currently
Other Interests: Sports, languages, cars
Favorite Food: Potatoes!
Favorite Band: Sabaton I guess, but there are too many to just pick one!
Favorite Movie(s): Does Halo Legends count?
What do you hope to learn here?: As much as I can
Have you built/made a costume before?: Long ago yes, plus extensive refitting of my Spartan suit
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: Nope, none
Other: I'm excited to get to know everyone here!

Hi everybody!! Happy to be here and meet all of you! I'm so excited to troop with the 405th shortly after getting my Reach Spartan build completed!

First Name: Laura (the gamers call me Spidey or Solar)
Profession? Student?: Majoring in Biology, no job atm
Favorite Hobby: Studio art, cosplay
Favorite part of Halo: The depth and personality of the campaigns/multiplayers
Favorite Halo: Can't decide between Reach and H3
Favorite Video Game: Star Wars Battlefront 2 (in its prime)
Other Interests: Fencing, painting, baking pies (specifically pies), drawing, traveling to conventions
Favorite Food: Some good homemade chocolate
Favorite music artist: Stephen Sanchez or Laufey
Favorite Movie(s): Star Wars (Original and Prequel trilogies), Matrix trilogy, Godzilla, Interstellar, Wall-E, Stargate (you can see the trend here)
What do you hope to learn here?: I'm excited to learn more styles and systems used for building Halo armor along with any type of cosplay really, I love to hear about all the different strategies and techniques other builders follow that work for them and it helps me to brainstorm what might work for my build when I start it!
Have you built/made a costume before?: I have! My builds include Samus's Varia Suit from Metroid: Dread, Ahsoka Tano (Siege of Mandalore), and a custom Mandalorian.
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: I am in the process of submitting my Ahsoka for approval in the Rebel Legion and my Mandalorian in the MMCC.
Other: You can find me llspidey on Instagram if you'd like to connect! I love to see everyone's work so I'll prob follow all of you all back!
Welcome to the 405th IIspidey,
we are glad you are here and look forward to your first build with us.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back