Introduce Yourself - The Sequel!

First Name: Ben​
Profession? Student?: Student​
Favorite Hobby: 3D modelling (Blender), digital art, Gym​
Favorite part of Halo: Playing together with my dad and my brother and having a good time together​
Favorite Halo: Halo 2 Anniversary, since I played it together with my dad and my brother on our X-Box back in 2015​
Favorite Video Game: Paladins and War Thunder​
Other Interests: I did airsoft for quite some time and I go to the gym​
Favorite Food: Self made protein shake 3k calories (message me if you're interested in the ingredients)​
Favorite Band: Tevvez and Mqx​
Favorite Movie(s): Dune 1 and 2, Astartes Project by Syama Pedersen​
What do you hope to learn here?: I hope I can get some advice for my ODST Build, since I'm a complete beginner at making armor and maybe make some friends on the way.​
Have you built/made a costume before?: I made a loadout based on the russian MilSim skin from Call of Duty Warzone.​
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: No, this is my first costume community.​
Other: I hope I can finish my ODST Build by October this year since there is a pretty big con going on near my place.​
Welcome technicom to the 405th,
We look forward to seeing your first build with us its great seeing more and more people coming on.

First Name: Justin
Profession? Student?: Subway -___- but on the lookout for something better and bigger, and wanting to learn a trade or skill…
Favorite Hobby: Archery
Favorite part of Halo: the characters that are fleshed out in the novels, but I also really liked ODST as far as games went. It was…unique when compared to the rest. It changed up some things.
Favorite Halo: ^^ Halo 3 ODST, but that could change after I play Halo Wars or Halo Wars 2
Favorite Video Game: Halo 3, my first Halo experience with friends.
Other Interests: Archery, Cooking, exercising, camping, javelin throwing, hatchet throwing.
Favorite Food: Lobster or Fish
Favorite Band: Breaking Benjamin
Favorite Movie(s): toughie, but I’d say 2009’s Star Trek currently.
What do you hope to learn here?: more about costume and apparel design and construction. Might make it my career/trade of choice if I can get good at it.
Have you built/made a costume before?: NOPE
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: N/A
welcome justintime95937 to the 405th,
im glad to see you here and look forward to seeing your first build with us

First Name: Ronan but you can call me Ron
Profession? Student?: Informatic Tehcnician
Favorite Hobby: Playing video game haha
Favorite part of Halo: last cinematic of Halo 4 when Chief return to the base.
Favorite Halo: Halo Reach
Favorite Video Game: Halo
Other Interests: Informatic
Favorite Food: SUSHI
Favorite Band: ACDC
Favorite Movie(s): Interstellar
What do you hope to learn here?: making my own armor of Halo
Have you built/made a costume before?: not yet
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: no
Other: I'm a Halo Insider
Welcome Ronmaster117 to the 405th,
we/I am looking forward to seeing your first build with us any question just reach out

First Name: Trystan
Profession? Student?: I do 3rd party logistics, but I'm looking to return to school
Favorite Hobby: video games, hockey
Favorite part of Halo: Lore, quotes, ARMOUR :D
Favorite Halo: H3 ODST/Reach, tied
Favorite Video Game: Halo/Helldivers 2 currently
Other Interests: Sports, languages, cars
Favorite Food: Potatoes!
Favorite Band: Sabaton I guess, but there are too many to just pick one!
Favorite Movie(s): Does Halo Legends count?
What do you hope to learn here?: As much as I can
Have you built/made a costume before?: Long ago yes, plus extensive refitting of my Spartan suit
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: Nope, none
Other: I'm excited to get to know everyone here!
Welcome Spirit to the 405th,
Glad to see you make the first step here with us so welcome aboard the halo train hoot hoot. i look forward to your first build with us. any questions just reach out we will help as much as we can.

Thanks! I’m thinking I’m gonna start off with something basic, since I don’t have a lot of funds or anything right now. I think I want to try to make something based off of the Insurrectionists or Sgt Johnson from Contact Harvest, or maybe combine the two looks together or something.

Thanks! I’m thinking I’m gonna start off with something basic, since I don’t have a lot of funds or anything right now. I think I want to try to make something based off of the Insurrectionists or Sgt Johnson from Contact Harvest, or maybe combine the two looks together or something.
thats great i will be watching to see how you make this come to life,and take your time some of us have spent 6 months to 2yrs working on our armor so do think you have to get it done in 2 months just think it out and jot down your note it will help in the long run.

Wait, I have the perfect idea, since I have some of the clothes for it: I’ll do my interpretation of Colonel Robert Watts. I already have a beret and some tactical gear, and even a couple airsoft pistols…aww yeah, it’s all coming together.

First Name:
Profession? Student?:
Favorite part of Halo:
Favorite Halo:
Favorite Video Game:
Other Interests:
Favorite Food:
Favorite Band:
Favorite Movie(s):
What do you hope to learn here?:
Have you built/made a costume before?:
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?:
Other:

First Name: Hi all, I'm Traci!
Profession? Middle School art teacher! Student?: Also yes (So over it)
Favorite Hobby: Too many to list, but art is a biggie
Favorite part of Halo: I miss reach. I miss the simple days when the kids were young and easily entertained and hubby and I would game with some of our best friends (that we never met in person) on Reach... meeeemoriiiiiies
Favorite Halo: Reach (ofc)
Favorite Video Game: Don't laugh. But I could play Super Mario Bros. 2 forever.
Other Interests: Music, cooking, yard work, painting, dancing like no one is watching
Favorite Food: TACOS
Favorite Band: Fleetwood Mac
Favorite Movie(s): hmmmm... There's a lot I could watch over and over- Titanic, 300, Fried Green Tomatoes, just about anything from Tim Burton...
What do you hope to learn here?: I'm ready to start on my first full suit of armor (Mjolnir Mk V Air Assault)
Have you built/made a costume before?: Not anything like this, but I have done a few costumes. My favorite so far is my renfairy costume I wear to cons and ren faire as well as when I'm face painting. Second fave was when I made steampunk costumes for my daughters using mostly dollar tree and Goodwill stuff... they looked awesome!
Do you belong to any other costume communities? Negative If so, which one(s)?:

Gi
First Name: Hi all, I'm Traci!
Profession? Middle School art teacher! Student?: Also yes (So over it)
Favorite Hobby: Too many to list, but art is a biggie
Favorite part of Halo: I miss reach. I miss the simple days when the kids were young and easily entertained and hubby and I would game with some of our best friends (that we never met in person) on Reach... meeeemoriiiiiies
Favorite Halo: Reach (ofc)
Favorite Video Game: Don't laugh. But I could play Super Mario Bros. 2 forever.
Other Interests: Music, cooking, yard work, painting, dancing like no one is watching
Favorite Food: TACOS
Favorite Band: Fleetwood Mac
Favorite Movie(s): hmmmm... There's a lot I could watch over and over- Titanic, 300, Fried Green Tomatoes, just about anything from Tim Burton...
What do you hope to learn here?: I'm ready to start on my first full suit of armor (Mjolnir Mk V Air Assault)
Have you built/made a costume before?: Not anything like this, but I have done a few costumes. My favorite so far is my renfairy costume I wear to cons and ren faire as well as when I'm face painting. Second fave was when I made steampunk costumes for my daughters using mostly dollar tree and Goodwill stuff... they looked awesome!
Do you belong to any other costume communities? Negative If so, which one(s)?:
Hi Traci, welcome to the 405th we are glad you are here. Can't wait to see what your first build with us will be. Any questions just reach out we will help as much as we can.

First Name: David
Profession? Student?: Certified Locksmith
Favorite Hobby: Leatherworker
Favorite part of Halo: "Tell 'em to make it count."
Favorite Halo: Reach or ODST
Favorite Video Game: FFXIV
Other Interests: 3D printing, locksport
Favorite Food: Sushi
Favorite Band: Don't really have one.
Favorite Movie(s): Jurassic Park
What do you hope to learn here?: Connect with community, improve my costuming skills.
Have you built/made a costume before?: I've done some cosplay, and I've made leather stuff for LARP.
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: I'm fairly active in the PNW LARP community in general.
Other: I'm no good crafting EVA but I can leather pretty good and I've got a mid/high-price 3D printer...

First Name: David
Profession? Student?: Certified Locksmith
Favorite Hobby: Leatherworker
Favorite part of Halo: "Tell 'em to make it count."
Favorite Halo: Reach or ODST
Favorite Video Game: FFXIV
Other Interests: 3D printing, locksport
Favorite Food: Sushi
Favorite Band: Don't really have one.
Favorite Movie(s): Jurassic Park
What do you hope to learn here?: Connect with community, improve my costuming skills.
Have you built/made a costume before?: I've done some cosplay, and I've made leather stuff for LARP.
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: I'm fairly active in the PNW LARP community in general.
Other: I'm no good crafting EVA but I can leather pretty good and I've got a mid/high-price 3D printer...
Hey David, welcome to the 405th!

Having done leatherwork previously will definitely help when making your undersuit! I'll be interested in seeing how you go about making it and what you might do differently that others. I wouldn't worry about being bad with EVA foam, it's a skill that takes time to get right. It's definitely worth giving a proper try though!

To do with connecting with the community, you'll make friends quickly here as you spend time talking on the forums. I'm sure that you'll fit right in.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask or open a thread!

First Name: Braheem
Profession: Architecture Graduate
Favorite Hobby: Gaming
Favorite part of Halo: OBVIOUSLY the warthog run for me. Or the memories of splitscreening in ODST as a kid with all my friends after school
Favorite Halo: 3 or ODST... I cannot decide ahahaha
Favorite Video Game: Halo 3 or Titanfall 2
Other Interests: 3d printing, 3d modelling
Favorite Food: Medium Rare steak, with mashed potatoes and mushroom gravy
Favorite Band:
Favorite Movie(s): I like the john wick series, and Interstellar was great too!
What do you hope to learn here?: I want to learn more about making better armor cosplays... And how to utilize all the tools best in order to make a stunning result.
Have you built/made a costume before?: No but I am working on Master Chiefs Gen 3 armor Mk6-7 found in halo infinite.
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: I do not, but the 405th already looks like one of the best communities I've seen, and I can't wait to see and learn so much from everyone here!

Hi all, Ive recently stepped into the world of armour making started with a custom Mandalorian kit and loved it. Figured next would be my all time favorite, a Halo Spartan. This community seems very friendly and engaging and Im glad to join it from Palmerston North, New Zealand.

First Name: Francois
Profession: Steel Detailer
Favorite Hobby: Gunpla and 3d printing
Favorite part of Halo: Different teams of Spartans and their lore.
Favorite Halo: Halo 5
Favorite Video Game: Assassin's Creed 1 -3
Other Interests:
Favorite Food: Pizza, roosterbrood (south African grill bread)
Favorite Band: Linkin Park
Favorite Movie(s): Lord of the rings trilogy
What do you hope to learn here: Gain tips on building armour.
Have you built/made a costume before: Custom Mandalorian
Do you belong to any other costume communities? No

Hello All! Our former Introduce Yourself thread has grown to a massive 421 pages so it is time to lock that one down and start fresh!

First of all - welcome to all of our new family! We want to know all about you, but let's start with these few questions!

First Name:
Profession? Student?:
Favorite part of Halo:
Favorite Halo:
Favorite Video Game:
Other Interests:
Favorite Food:
Favorite Band:
Favorite Movie(s):
What do you hope to learn here?:
Have you built/made a costume before?:
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?:
Other:
Name: Landon
Profession: Student, Computer Science major
Favorite Hobby: Digital Art, mostly D&D related
Favorite Part of Halo: Humanity's unwavering spirit against all odds
Favorite Video Game: Overall, throughout my life, Civilization 5
Other Interests: Creative Writing, Taking bad selfies, Dungeons and Dragons
Favorite Food: The longest a cantaloupe melon has survived after I learned about it being within 1 mile of me was 13 minutes.
Favorite Band: I have a new one every 6.72 days, but favorite of all time is definitely Iron Maiden
Favorite Movie: Ratatouille (Legitimately the greatest piece of cinema of all time)
What do you hope to learn here?: Mostly, I'm looking to learn about all of YOU! I crave attention community, and love meeting people with similar interests.
Have you built/made a costume before?: Yes! In junior and senior year of high school I made an EVA foam ODST costume (which, in my opinion, looked terrible). That's been my only real experience in costume making, mostly because Covid hit right after and also my burning desire to make complicated, accurate and full-body cosplays is directly contradicted by my wallet.
Other: I've been lurking here for like half a year because I was never able to take a good selfie for a profile pic. Happy to finally be filling out all these questions. (First post, yay)

Hi all, Ive recently stepped into the world of armour making started with a custom Mandalorian kit and loved it. Figured next would be my all time favorite, a Halo Spartan. This community seems very friendly and engaging and Im glad to join it from Palmerston North, New Zealand.

First Name: Francois
Profession: Steel Detailer
Favorite Hobby: Gunpla and 3d printing
Favorite part of Halo: Different teams of Spartans and their lore.
Favorite Halo: Halo 5
Favorite Video Game: Assassin's Creed 1 -3
Other Interests:
Favorite Food: Pizza, roosterbrood (south African grill bread)
Favorite Band: Linkin Park
Favorite Movie(s): Lord of the rings trilogy
What do you hope to learn here: Gain tips on building armour.
Have you built/made a costume before: Custom Mandalorian
Do you belong to any other costume communities? No
Hey Francois, welcome to the 405th!

Favourite Halo is 5? You're an endangered species man :lol:
For tips and tricks on building armour you could not have picked a better place to come to. We've got tutorials, guides and instructionals galore over in the tutorials tab.
Having already built a custom Mandalorian suit I'd say that you should know most of the basics but some of the more advanced techniques will definitely benefit you!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask and enjoy your time in the 405th!

Name: Landon
Profession: Student, Computer Science major
Favorite Hobby: Digital Art, mostly D&D related
Favorite Part of Halo: Humanity's unwavering spirit against all odds
Favorite Video Game: Overall, throughout my life, Civilization 5
Other Interests: Creative Writing, Taking bad selfies, Dungeons and Dragons
Favorite Food: The longest a cantaloupe melon has survived after I learned about it being within 1 mile of me was 13 minutes.
Favorite Band: I have a new one every 6.72 days, but favorite of all time is definitely Iron Maiden
Favorite Movie: Ratatouille (Legitimately the greatest piece of cinema of all time)
What do you hope to learn here?: Mostly, I'm looking to learn about all of YOU! I crave attention community, and love meeting people with similar interests.
Have you built/made a costume before?: Yes! In junior and senior year of high school I made an EVA foam ODST costume (which, in my opinion, looked terrible). That's been my only real experience in costume making, mostly because Covid hit right after and also my burning desire to make complicated, accurate and full-body cosplays is directly contradicted by my wallet.
Other: I've been lurking here for like half a year because I was never able to take a good selfie for a profile pic. Happy to finally be filling out all these questions. (First post, yay)
Howdy Landon, welcome to the forums!

Interesting favourite food! I'd have to say Watermelon is superior to cantaloupe though, it's just more enjoyable in Summer to me. With an attitude like that I'm sure you'll fit in here like one of them round pegs!
I wouldn't worry about not liking your first build, personally I would say that my first build was terrible but it's an incredibly valuable learning experience!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask away man!

Name: Chris
Profession: Entertainment
Favorite Hobby: Video Games
Favorite Part of Halo: The way its lasted generations
Favorite Halo: The first one :D
Favorite Video Game: Currently Overwatch 2 and League of Legends
Other Interests: Singing, DnD, 3D printing
Favorite Food: This is gonna sound weird, but its gonna be protein bars lol
Favorite Band: Hmmmmm, I'm actually not sure I have one? lol I like EDM
Favorite Movie: TRON Legacy
What do you hope to learn here?: I would love to learn more about the armor building community!
Have you built/made a costume before?: Yes! I've been in the costume making/cosplay community for a hot minute, but not too savy on foam smithing
Other: Nope :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back