long time lurker coming out of the closet....

Status
Not open for further replies.

headshot

hello, been a looky loo for a long time getting ideas and what not. finally started to do some actual work, spent about 10 hours al together so far, then trashed it when i changed my mind as what i wanted to do. anywho im gonna start pepping up some halo 4 armor(spartan mkvii) again. but im gonna start with just the arms first. im proficient in resin, bondo, sanding, etc as i have an extensive auto body background. but i can't sew [EXPLETIVE DELETED] together to save my life. so im looking for some ideas on how attach these pieces to an under suit. id love to see some pics and pick some peoples brains.

anyway about me,
im 5'11'', i live in the phx az area, i like long walks on the beach and im an aries. anyone else in the az area?

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome out of the lurking zone :p
Best of luck on your build :)
You should look into taking a basic sewing class at joanns or something if they have them out there. I plan on taking one. Its only $35 :)
Well out here anyways. I live in las vegas, so like 4 hours away from pheonix.

nice vegas is a place that i would like to move to. ill probly just go bug my mother for a little sewing advice. too bad my wife can't sew.

i have a little tip for everyone.
i started my pep, like im sure everyone else does, by doing lots and lots of cutting. i just got in the zone and kept cutting..... for hours...... the tip of my finger has been numb for 4 days now. from now on my advice to myself and others is to do no more than 1 hour of cutting.... i cant pick up crap now.

here's a hint.

Spartan john-117

Spartan Kurt-051

Spartan Kelly-051

Spartan Fredric-104

is Spartans don't have last name's just number's.

pretty much but check the Spartan numbers forum to see what ones are taken and see what one you like, i chose S-056 because 56 is my lucky number

Nearly done with my forearm pep for my h4. I'm using hot glue which has served me well in the past but with the amount of detail in the pep files, it's extremely difficult and came out a little warped. I'm gonna try to save it in the resin Hindi stage.. Then I'll see if my pep process is a viable option for my build

From experiences I had with armor, you shouldn't try to attach the pieces directly on the undersuit, it just makes it a lot more of a pain in the [CENSORED] to put on
You should put straps on the pieces instead and tighten them up as much as possible on your arms/legs
For the Chest part, if it doesn't have a joint between the front and back parts, i suggest using something like this to join the two together. You can find versions of it at any good military surplus and. if your armor has one, it will cover the gaps that are sometimes found at the belly level of the armor.
Hope it helped!

I have a question. With these highly detailed pep files. What method are you using to glue the peps together?

I have a question. With these highly detailed pep files. What method are you using to glue the peps together?

I've been using Loc-Tite Super Glue "Gel Control". I use very small dabs (like so small, you almost think it wont glue to anything at all) of it on the tabs when putting pieces together. I use Gorilla Super Glue every now and again too. Really helps with gluing down the tabs of the small detail parts quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back