Mark VII Spartan Ver Megurine Luka

Shoulder Electronic Updates
One of my biggest problems with this suit was the shoulder leds getting twisted and becoming desoldered. To fix this I decided to take some rechargeable wireless puck lights and tear them apart for the glorious electronics inside.
Before:
20240115_181543.jpg

After:
First pic is before I added some thin foam to prevent the lights from partially blinding me when I looked to the side (far right)
20240115_183416.jpg
20240115_183420.jpg
20240115_183729.jpg

As you can see this simple solution did quite nicely! Looking forward to trying this out at an upcoming con, worst case scenario the lights do have a charging support I can rig into my chest.

That's all for now! Look forward to some more Luka fun this upcoming weekend
Your neighborhood crustacean
~ Lobbster

Magfest 2024
Donned my armor for the saturday of Magfest and went to share some good music!
Always have such a blast wearing this suit as the reactions are the best. People love colorful spartans and the vibes are always immaculate.

More vocaloids! Even a Mikudalorian!
20240120_134519.jpg
20240120_162017.jpg
IMG_20240121_172312.jpg

Finally saw some Gundam Witch from Mercury cosplayers which I was extremely hype about!
IMG_20240121_172314.jpg

Finally, I was able to meet new and reconnect with some old friends that I haven't seen since Outpost Discovery 2019 in Philadelphia!
Rancid Musk is the human arbiter on the right! The 2 ODSTs just finished up their suits and we all happened to run into each other on the floor!
Screenshot_20240122_100121_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20240122_125502_Instagram.jpg

2024 Con Season - Helmet Update: I can HEAR!
Thanks to CrimsonViper97 amazing tutorial I was able to install a pair of Zohan shooting headphones into my helmet. These enhance your hearing capacity and it makes conversing with helmets on actually possible!
I made some small modifications such as a variable step down regulator and I did not use the plastic covers for the headphones to save a bit of space (I have a large head)

At this point I think I'm maxed out on electronics in this bucket :lol:

(images shown before removing the plastic piece)
20240420_024544.jpg
20240420_024548.jpg
20240420_024551.jpg

After removing the plastic bracket (The culprit that would have given me a headache)
20240420_223609.jpg

Speaker mounting location (the little circle). Wasn't able to mount in the standard position due to the headphones cover that section of the helmet
20240420_024509.jpg

Last edited:
That looks great!! Makes me want to try but I think it would be too tight on my helmet. I will have to compare it with the others this weekend and see if it would even be possible

That looks great!! Makes me want to try but I think it would be too tight on my helmet. I will have to compare it with the others this weekend and see if it would even be possible
that was my biggest concern. With the plastic pieces it was practically giving me a headache but after I removed those its still snug but not about to squeeze my brain. Give it a peek this weekend, I want to make sure I hang out with you lol

that was my biggest concern. With the plastic pieces it was practically giving me a headache but after I removed those its still snug but not about to squeeze my brain. Give it a peek this weekend, I want to make sure I hang out with you lol
Mine are snug but not too tight as well. My helmet feels more like wearing a pair of headphones rather than a helmet because most of the support for the helmet actually comes from the ear pieces rather that the padding around the sides. XD

It's actually a nice way to secure the helmet to my head without needing a chin strap

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back