My First Build

PuFFBoi

So I Have been thinking on building my Spartans armor from halo reach for a while now , but I don't have a good clue off where to start. i did some reading through some threads on here before I registered. i know for sure i want to make it out of EVA foam and i found the templates but i cant figure out how to get the template file to print. any suggestions for a first timer. thx anything would be really helpful.

Hey mate, what type of templates do you have? If their pdo's then you'll need to download pepakura on a computer to size and print them. I suggest printing onto card stock, or print in paper and glue to cards tock as having a rigid template makes it si much easier to trace and cut with. You cam also go through the 405th's

Hey mate, what type of templates do you have? If their pdo's then you'll need to download pepakura on a computer to size and print them. I suggest printing onto card stock, or print in paper and glue to cards tock as having a rigid template makes it si much easier to trace and cut with. You cam also go through the 405th's
All of the templates i downloaded in the armory were JPG and I still cant find the chest or legs... (edited) i fixed the file problem and got pepakura so now i can start printing the templates onto paper. the only other question i have how do i size all of the armor and where do i get the legs (not the knee Guards) and the tactical/patrol chest template and i know i can just buy the shemagh(scarf)

Last edited:
All of the templates i downloaded in the armory were JPG and I still cant find the chest or legs... (edited) i fixed the file problem and got pepakura so now i can start printing the templates onto paper. the only other question i have how do i size all of the armor and where do i get the legs (not the knee Guards) and the tactical/patrol chest template and i know i can just buy the shemagh(scarf)
I'm not an expert or anything but I'm currently sizing all of my armor on Armorsmtih. It allows for Non-Uniform scaling while Pepakura is only uniform. Armorsmith also walks you through what measurements to take as soon as you open the program, allowing you to create a custom avatar with you body scale. However, it does cost $40 USD. I don't know much about armor from Halo Reach (so I can't really help you out there) but I wish you the best of luck in finding what you need!

I Have checked everywhere online and on here (405th) and i cannot find any helmet that have a foam friendly file to print any ideas

I Have checked everywhere online and on here (405th) and i cannot find any helmet that have a foam friendly file to print any ideas
First Id ask what parts you're looking for. Your post are unclear of what you're planning to build or looking for.

Second I'd say just about all files you find in the armory that can be put into pepakura will be foam compatible. (some clean up may be required)

I went and found the links in the armory to the things I think you're looking for but again I'm not sure everything you need.

I test the sizing with a small piece or 2, like s shoulder pad or gauntlet to work out sizing. Then up or downscale in 10%increments, as thar keeps the armor uniform. Once sizing is worked out, I apply this to the whole build. But this might not work for you as your getting you files across different makers. Still worth a shot though.

And try and find a couple pictures to put in this thread of what your trying to make, this'll help folks figure out what you'll need help with and help answer your questions better too.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back