ODST Build from a Jawa

Waldo534

This is gonna be a fun one, just got my bucket and visor, gonna try and find a set of BDUs and maybe a tac vest for this build, gonna be my first time working with 3D printed armor versus plastic
20240125_151122.jpg

Yep, BDUs, vest, and gloves all came from Amazon, think the gloves were like 20 bucks, I know ODSTs canonically have fingerless gloves but no one needs to see my tiny hands lol

The great thing is you can make them how you want and still be the part, I've bought full finger gloves and plan to just cut the index and pointer finger off.

Finished off with the black and a clear coat, visor for the most part is held in without glue, just on the ends to get a seal, now all I need is my padding and shes doneView attachment 341510

The camo came out awesome, I think if I do a second ODST I'd do a similar style.

Anyone have any easy tips on how to remove this excess bit of plastic from the print, it probably could be fine just attaching the halves of the chest together as is but my cosplay OCD is killing me
20240222_103012.jpg

I love the camo but i would recommend painting the handle a really dark gray- I think it would look cool
Yeah would look awesome, I'm just trying to think about Canada and our stupid strict gun laws, trying to keep it looking less like a real one lol

The orange tip is only required for the taxed sale of a gun in Canada. That being said, it's always a good idea to use common sense. Never bring anything that resembles a gun out in public, orange tip or no. Travel with it in a bag or container. When you're at an event where it is understood that there will be people in costume with fake weapons, it is then acceptable to bring them out. It's always best to check with event runners prior. This will keep everybody happy, even the police :D
IMG_3435.jpeg

Anyone have any easy tips on how to remove this excess bit of plastic from the print, it probably could be fine just attaching the halves of the chest together as is but my cosplay OCD is killing me View attachment 342552
To get those tricky rafts off I use a box knife with the blade extended a few inches. It usually does a good job separating a raft from a large flat surface. If that doesn't work, then I would try a chisel

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back