Saturday: 6:30pm Dave & Busters

Panel
Day TBD

Tickets
Available here

Chat Room
Pacific Event's Discord

Banner WASC22.png

WA Summercon is relatively new, but they are very ambitious and have grown fast, pulling some big celeb names. All the draws of a big convention without the crowd and plenty of room to grow into this modular venue. This year they have really focused on COSPLAY! They have invited lots of iconic cosplayers and makers. And of course we'll be there too with the Pacific Recruitment Booth. :)

WA SummerCon has made a facebook group for cosplayer attendees. I suggest you request to join. Not only will you be up to date on cosplay activities, but you'll also shape cosplay involvement for this year and years to come by sharing your opinion. Summer Con Cosplay Central | Facebook

Steve Downes and Jen Taylor will be doing photos and autographs on Sunday only (which is Father's Day). We've been told that they will likely want to do a photo with our costume members. As such we're putting down the Photoshoot for Sunday with the time TBD. The WA National Guard is usually there and I LOVE getting photos with their equipment. They often let us into their vehicles too!
1650642144293.png1650642169027.png

TurboCharizard is looking to put together a caravan of Delta Battalion members to bring down to Washington. We'll likely make a discord group for this event, but for now please use this thread to discuss logistics and rally the troops! (Please vote in the poll above once you know if you're coming!)

As a fun side note, myself with 405th TurboCharizard and CplYapFlip are featured as the cosplay photo on their website!
1650642079726.png

Tags for members possibly interested: pipninja Thom A293 ArcSol Hibson Vanguard Gold (please vote in the poll at the top if you're coming)

Last edited:
Something I was thinking about the other day, do we normally have a cosplay repair kit to keep at our booth? This is my first time at a real con other than outpost, and the one at outpost was super helpful, and I would definitely put one together if you guys are interested. If we can get together a list of the things you guys might need, I can help put that together for us. It would just have to come in when we bring in the booth stuff.

Something I was thinking about the other day, do we normally have a cosplay repair kit to keep at our booth? This is my first time at a real con other than outpost, and the one at outpost was super helpful, and I would definitely put one together if you guys are interested. If we can get together a list of the things you guys might need, I can help put that together for us. It would just have to come in when we bring in the booth stuff.
Makes sense to me!

Usually conventions will have their own cosplay repair at member services. But I will also have repair items at our booth. Thanks for the offer pipninja

Is there anything specific you would like in the repair kit pipninja ?

Also, greetings PapaSola ! Glad to see you'll make it to this con! Do you think you'll finish your 3d print by then? Not a required to hang, just curious.

Also, greetings PapaSola ! Glad to see you'll make it to this con! Do you think you'll finish your 3d print by then? Not a required to hang, just curious.
Unfortunately I don’t have high hopes on getting done with the print before June, but I’ll definitely be dressing up in other outfits.

Here is what I am thinking off the top of my head, and I have some of the items on hand.

Super glue
Hot glue
Hot glue gun
Nylon straps and buckles (I have a surplus of these)
Black paint markers
Silver paint markers
Assorted sharpies
Batteries
Craft knives
Sewing kit
Electrical tape
Black gorilla tape
Masking tape
Zip ties
Scissors

Let me know if you think I'm missing anything

Here is what I am thinking off the top of my head, and I have some of the items on hand.

Super glue
Hot glue
Hot glue gun
Nylon straps and buckles (I have a surplus of these)
Black paint markers
Silver paint markers
Assorted sharpies
Batteries
Craft knives
Sewing kit
Electrical tape
Black gorilla tape
Masking tape
Zip ties
Scissors

Let me know if you think I'm missing anything

Yup, the kit already has all of those things. Thanks Pip. You can PM me if you think of other stuff.

If you're just looking for a general list this one is pretty good.

Last edited:
pipninja you've nudged me into revisiting my repair kit. :cool: I've made a post about it here:

I know by the fall Saturday is generally the busiest day and the hardest to schedule. I see the group photo is currently slated for Sunday, that coincides with Father’s Day. Not sure if that poses a problem for anyone I just wanted to point it out.

I know by the fall Saturday is generally the busiest day and the hardest to schedule. I see the group photo is currently slated for Sunday, that coincides with Father’s Day. Not sure if that poses a problem for anyone I just wanted to point it out.
I did see that and I should make it more apparent. I'm sure we'll do photos on Saturday as well (will you be in Halo gear?)
But, the Sunday is the only day Steve and Jen are there so we'll be shooting for photos with them.

I'll see y'all Sunday! Be cool to know the times everyone's trying to be there so we can do a photo op

I'll see y'all Sunday! Be cool to know the times everyone's trying to be there so we can do a photo op
The Sunday photo is going to be dependent on Steve and Jen's schedule and it is a little too early to ask. Probably won't know until day of to be honest. We'll be there all day! Looking forward to seeing you again.

Our Saturday photoshoot has been updated to 1pm and our photo challenge has been cast:

1. “This is Sparta!” kick (movie)
    2. Halo: Behind cover
    3. Merry band of soldiers
    4. 405th Member Holding everyone's stuff
    5. Playing a board/video game
    6. Halo: ODST/Marine helping a Spartan
    7. 405th Member Eating
    8. 58, 40, 84, 17, 87, 37, 11

Last edited:
Our Saturday photoshoot has been updated to 1pm and our photo challenge has been cast:

1. This is Sparta!” kick (movie)
  2. Halo: Behind cover
  3. Merry band of soldiers
  4. 405th Member Holding everyone's stuff
  5. Playing a board/video game
  6. Halo: ODST/Marine helping a Spartan
  7. Group Photo, Rockette line or Red Rover
58, 40, 84, 17, 87, 37, 10
What's with the random numbers at the bottom? 0.o

What's with the random numbers at the bottom? 0.o

Those are the numbers I rolled for the challenge.

The coordinator still hasn't even finished divvying out the booths yet. I have not felt it right to ask him about the panels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back