Red Hood Cosplay

ThreeEvening158

Jr Member
Hey 405th! While I have my 3D-printed Spartan build planned out, it's a little time-consuming and cost-prohibitive for a high schooler who doesn't have a job or very much free time at the moment. So, I'm putting that on hold until the summer and am currently planning a Red Hood cosplay! He's one of my favorite superhero and Batman characters, and the costume seems like something I could work on when I have only 30 extra minutes during the day.

Here's my reference (not sure of the artist):
1711849484221.png

And here's my plan:
EVA foam for the chest (template here)
3D printed helmet (probably going to use this file)
I have a perfect leather jacket already
Black tactical pants
Not sure where I'll find the holsters yet
3D printed weapons

I'm excited to try out building with foam, and I figured this might be a slightly easier first step into cosplay than a full 3D printed armor build. Don't worry, that'll still be coming, but this'll be something easier right now.

I also could theoretically do an "Under the Red Hood" version as well, I have a black jacket and the costume in the animated movie looks like he's wearing his gray shirt over armor, so I'd be able to switch out the two versions depending on what I'm feeling that day. I also might add a red hoodie beneath the jacket for a little extra flair, but I'm starting with the basics before I add anything else. Ordering the foam soon!

My 3D printer is having issues, but the college I go to has a free 3D printing service, and I just requested a helmet print from them. I'll be ordering the foam for the build soon as well!

IMG_5757.jpeg

Here's the plan for the Under the Red Hood version, jacket is from Alpha Industries if anyone is wondering. The next two things are of course the chest armor and the helmet, but I'm also looking for some inexpensive tactical pants, a belt, holsters, and I need to get the dual pistols 3D printed. Extras would be a red hoodie, a domino mask, and maybe his Scorpion-style mask. So far so good!

IMG_5824.jpg

The gloves and kneepads...
IMG_5826.jpg

and the pants.
Does anyone know how to remove the Mechanix logo from the gloves? It's not a major thing, but it's something that I'd notice a lot. The helmet is printing right now as well!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back