Props [release]halo Rocket Launcher Concept

Status
Not open for further replies.
box o crayons said:
i like to think that if you can model it it can be built but im not so sure about this one
A) there are many possibilities in modelling that cant be recreated
B) i seriously think i could recreate this with some ease, does anybody know the overall length it should be?

Last edited by a moderator:
Tuwdburgaler said:
:cool: i seriously think i could recreate this with some ease, does anybody know the overall length it should be?

I just worked up the scale for my (hopefully) soon to begin scratchbuild. I got an overall length of approximately 59 inches.

Loess said:
To me, this looks like a reusable aiming/firing assembly that snaps onto a one-shot, disposable rocket tube. Once you fired it, you'd dump the burned out tube, and keep the sighting/control/firing assembly; kinda like a javelin anti-tank rocket.

Hmm... yeah, that sounds plausible. I'm just wondering how one would work that into the physical model. If I were to scratch-build something like this, I'd want to keep the reload feature as simple as possible, lol.

Tuwdburgaler said:
:cool: i seriously think i could recreate this with some ease, does anybody know the overall length it should be?

Well, it seems to me as though the overall length wouldn't be too much more than the standard SPNKR.

I don't know what the actual length of the standard one is, but knowing the layout of that one, just by gauging it eye I'd figure it extends an additional 2/3 feet at the rear, with maybe a 1/2 foot shortened at the front (I'm basing that on the relative position of the trigger/grip).

That's just a guess, though.

Well, the easiest way to reload that I can see would be to have the side that's not shown be able to hinge up out of the way, like on the SPNKr. I think that it's really likely that Bungie would carry a design element like that through other rocket launchers. That is also fairly close to how modern reloadable launchers with disposable tubes work.

If I do try to cram an aircannon in there, I might just cheat and make it a muzzle loader. ;)

hmm ill pick up some parts and get started in the morning hopefully at which point i will make a thread for it,

EDIT: as for reloading, look at the front of it it has a clip sticking out the bottom, which judging by the depth of the clip would allow for a total of 4 shots to be in at a time, 1 in each chamber and 2 in the mag, i dont think ill make mine completely fuctional in that sense, ill give it a rotating reload, and the clip will be removable to see the two in the clips

An idea I had for the reloading was the whole top section would be pushed back against a spring then switch a switch after reloaded which would released the back section and the spring would push it back in place.

WMHunterTLS said:
An idea I had for the reloading was the whole top section would be pushed back against a spring then switch a switch after reloaded which would released the back section and the spring would push it back in place.
once again look at the bottom front, CLIP; Well im off to get parts for this so i wont be back till later at which point im starting a thread for it.

Uh-oh... necro post :rolleyes

Please always check the date of the last reply posted in any thread you read. If it's been inactive for more than thirty days (which this one clearly has), it's better not to post.

Necro-posting is frowned upon by the Admin/Mod group, and if continued can result in minor or severe disciplinary action (ie. view-only access, suspension, banning).

The only exception to this rule is if the OP (Original Poster) has an update to add to the topic. Since it's their thread, and it's in relation to the topic, that is allowable.

If not, then it's best not to bump up these sort of threads. If you really want to see if you can get your hands on this, please PM the OP directly.

I know you're new here, but please read the stickied (pinned) threads in the "Noob" forum for what the standard Rules of Conduct are, and what to do/not do here on the forums.

Not trying to be an @$$ or anything, dude. Just some friendly advice ;)

P.S., If you read the first post on the first page, you would see the download link is still listed.

necro posting is alowed in weapons and underarmor. not many new topics are released in these sections. also so many good topics are necro'd due to the goodness of the topic. otherwise in all other sections it is frowned upon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back