Xtreme Tactics' Bravo-21 / Tarkov Wip

Status
Not open for further replies.
They fit perfactly.

Now, I have some advice and warnings to anybody else who is building the Weta ODST Armour. This is the voice of experiance talking, so listen (read) closely.

I have noticed that some people are having problems with finding the place of all of the support struts for the Shins. If your one of those people, heres a diagram that will help you:

250px-Perfect_White_UNSC_logo.png

The stomach packs (pads and plate) are too small compaired to the rest of the chest armour(If you use the same scale number for all of the chest pieces). Whoever is making the Weta ODST should pay very close attention to this.

Here is the chest pieces fully peped:

DSCN1511.jpg

Now heres the Weta ODST:

ODST10.jpg

Notice how the stomach packs on the Weta ODST extend out farther then the chest pads (they may not look like it, but they are on an angle), while the pep file ones don't.

For my project, I simply scratch built the stomach pads, and also to make my weta ODST more accurate, scratch built the other foam parts.

If your wondering where you get the files, there ALL here. Every part I have gotten and used to make my ODST to this point was from here, and a few links from here:

ODST Weta Landfall Ver. Pep Armor by SKG and Crew

100% credit goes to everybody who helped to make the files.

I personally have somewhat re-unfolded all of the parts, and made them smoother. They do not come like my armour the second you open the file.

Sorry to everybody who worked on the files for the somewhat harsh words on scailing, but I guess its for the greater good.

Well, thats all the helpfull advice and can think of right now. Good luck to everybody with there own projects.

Cheers!

Like you, I have noticed this on the pads. However if you are going to focus this much on them looking like the Weta build, you might want to take a look at my post (#33) which you shot down. If you take a look at the photo that you just posted you will see that the chest pads left and right of the main plate are also actually not as tall as the main plate in the center. Not trying to be big or anything, im just trying to help you get it right. Keep up the good work anyways :D. Ill have the scanner finished soon.

Yeah I mean thats fair enough. Ive gone about 2cm shorter on mine so by the time its been covered in fabric it will be about 9mm each way. Still cool though, good to see someone else did foam too, I did that and its so much easier.

Oh and if you are after a scanner, ill probably be molding mine, so drop me a PM and ill start a list ready.

If I can figure out a way that I can hold my candy for halloween, my battle rifle, my pistol, my armour, AND a hand scanner, I will surely buy one of those off of you. Although I have a pretty good idea about what Im going to do for the candy, Im not 100% sure about the ahnd scanner.

If I manage to figure something out, I will hit you up with a PM.

Cheers!

Xtreme TACTICS 101 said:
DutchDude said:
That helmet certainly looks smooth to me^^

I like how you prefolded those groves in, it saves the use of a dremel (any chance on releasing the file? :p/tongue.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':p' />" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> )

Keep it up

-DD

Oh no, its not my file, its NZ-TK's. I contacted him about reliecing my version of the unfold, but he said no.

Just a warning though. In NZ-TK's original file, the unfold isn't that great (too many tinny parts). Thats why I re-unfolded it so there were only 62 parts and it was smoother and easer to build.

Also, does anybody know the effect of Bondo when it is applied dirrectly to dried hot glue? Does the Bondo "burn" through the hot glue?

Thanks for the comments, keep them comming!

how do you unfold i need a smooth version.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just left a reply in your thread. It explains exactly how I made my helmet smooth, but not how I did the unfold. Just fiddle around with the buttons, see what they do, and you will figure out how to do everything. Thats what I did.

Cheers!

Ok, I have a rather large update, so bare with me.

Since my last update, I have ordered the Smooth-cast 320, bought the material to cover the armour parts that need it (the ones made from foam), Made a prototype of the under armour vest (needs plenty of work still), and peped a bunch of pieces.

I have peped:

-Second Shin

-1 knee

-1 thigh

-1 hip plate

-1 bicep

-Re-peped the mid stomach plate

I have also covered all of the pieces (but the shoulder straps, and 1 butt pack) with material. I bought the material with the closest texture, closest colour, and the cheepest I could find. Sadly, my funds were murdered by the material alone ($13.99/M).

Anyways, pictures!

Peped pieces:

DSCN1593.jpg

DSCN1594.jpg

DSCN1595.jpg

DSCN1596.jpg

DSCN1597.jpg

DSCN1598.jpg

Foam pieces with coverings:

DSCN1599.jpg

DSCN1600.jpg

Under armour vest prototype:

DSCN1601.jpg

With chest armour:

DSCN1602.jpg

Hope you like it. I still have to scratch build the belt plate, and a few other things yet. I also have to pep some more parts. Im almost ready for the Smooth-cast 320, I just have to pep the rest of the armour, resin some of the parts (the larger ones) add detail with cardboard, and so on.

Im nearly finished the padded armour parts for the chest plate. I just have to add some details and what not. BUT, im VERY happy to say that apart from some mud, the upper main chest pads (Right and left) are compleated!

Constructive criticsm welcome.

Cheers!

Very nice work Xtreme! Looks awesome. But I just have one thing to say. When building the main under armor vest, you might want to consider weight distribution. By that I mean the weight of the front armor and back armor. You want to keep them equal or pretty well balanced. This problem occured when I was working on my ODST. The front piece was pulling the back armor forward too much and even with the straps and everything I had to take off the back armor and re-adjust it. I don't know if I'm the only one who's had this problem but just wanted to give a heads up. But overall, that armor's looking awesome.

I was thinking about that problem myself a few days ago. I'm thinking of just adding some weights in the back piece and butt plate. I will have it as perfactly ballanced as possible.

Thanks for the heads up and the comment.

Cheers!

Good lord praise Xtreme tactics 101,Hmm...I like what I'm seeing,will this trooper be able to launch within 1 month or less.

Very clean and precise folds too,I'm really diggin' it.LOL.

See you on the ground trooper because we're jumping out of heaven and into hell.

Hey xtreme,

I found this link to a pretty good looking Tactical Vest:

Tactical Vest

Probably one of the closest I have seen.

And I think most of the other accessories are really tactical upgrades, clip holders, flashlight holders, and possibly a couple of side holsters for a 9 millimeter. There is definitely a quick draw tactical strap on the weapon. That's the strap across the chest.

And the shoulder/under armor vest looks just like this: (minus the shoulder pads., but keep the upper arm pads and straps

hockey chest pads

Hockey gear dressed up with some tactical military equipment will really set your armor parts off well. Plus the Tactical vest gives you a place to easily mount your torso pieces, instead of re-creating straps and stuff.

Hope that helps.

Hey I have to say that your build is really good but I want to know what kind of foam board did you use in your build and also do you also reinforce the foam build too or no?

Ok, update time!

Sorry I haven't had any updates lately. I've been really busy with my recruitment officer and school.

But anyway, I got something started. I rondo glassed my helmet a few days ago. I didn’t resin it before rondo glassing it, but it didn’t warp at all.

Pictures:

DSCN1626.jpg

DSCN1627.jpg

DSCN1628.jpg

I have about 2cm of room left for padding. Its pretty much perfect scale wise.

DSCN1630.jpg

Tell me what you think.

Cheers!

Xtreme TACTICS 101 said:
67221[/ATTACH]

The under armor top looks alot like a cold weather under armor shirts ( the moisture wicking clothing) since it it is tight yet loose

ODST10.jpg

Dusty said:
The under armor top looks alot like a cold weather under armor shirts ( the moisture wicking clothing) since it it is tight yet loose

"tight yet loose"

Lol, how can it be both!

Anyways, someone told me they had an idea that it was a wetsuit top, and I have to agree, its the best guess so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back