Zaso117's Mk Vi Suit Build Wip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaso117

Hey 405th!

I've never really showed you guys any progress on my work, so I figured i'd let you in on the Mk VI helmet i've been working on lately.

It's a FS HD version, and you can all probably tell the rest of the details.

Here's a little eye candy

IMG_0682.jpg

IMG_0683.jpg

IMG_0684.jpg

IMG_0685.jpg

IMG_0686.jpg

Sorry for the heavy thread

More to come! Ill keep you updated on my progress. I'd love to hear your constructive criticism as well. The video should be up soon as well. It's a little easier to see the thing with a video IMO.

i think its coming out very nice. even thought i dont know what im doing. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
mel_surf5 said:
i think its coming out very nice. even thought i dont know what im doing. ;)

Thanks!
Oh you'll learn fast. Didn't take me long. I do wish I had crackhead's video tutorials back then though.

btw. Forgot to mention. Resined the outside twice > Fiberglassed Inside > Bondo'd and Mud'd Outside

Try to use less bondo (or mud) because the high-def model already got most of the shapes.

Looks good tho ^^, keep it up! ^^

Thanks for all of the postive input

I just uploaded my video to find that since it was a windy day, the wind made it impossible to hear the vocals. I just really didn't like the video, so ill have to tape a new one. All in good time ;]

I do however have a question for all.
I was gonna go ahead and order the lining so that it would be in when i'm ready for it, but
1) Which of these liners should I order?
and
2) Should I follow their size chart? or should I go in a different direction since it obviously isn't a biking helmet. Input anyone?

Thanks again for the help!

You could simply use foam blocks. Like the one people put under their "matress" (The soft thingy you sleep on... is it called that way?)

EDIT : And could you take a front view? All the pics are like from the sides, not like the "front" ^^

for the lining just buy i guess a large then just cut to fit its not to important how it looks just how comfy it sits on the head for my padding i took the padding from the top of a ski helmet then the rest was done with padding that encases studio lights that i got from my tv productions class in high school

btw the helmet looks good i want to see a final result when u have it done

UPDATE: Some more progress has been made.

Sorry for the cell phone camera pictures. I'll post better ones soon
pianorecital014.jpg

pianorecital015.jpg

pianorecital016.jpg

pianorecital017.jpg

pianorecital018.jpg

pianorecital019.jpg

pianorecital020.jpg

There's still much more than I have to do with this. I'm really not 100% satisfied with the paint job, and some areas still need more sanding. Of course, the helmet is still missing all electronics, as well as padding, which I plan to add sooner or later this week. School's out, besides regents. (All you new yorkers will know what I mean) so expect some more progress!

i would go with this one
liner

and i use a large size.......to hold it in put velcro on the helmet and on the liner itself

link4044 said:
i would go with this one
liner

and i use a large size.......to hold it in put Velcro on the helmet and on the liner itself

I did actually start to put some Velcro on the inside of the helmet, but to fill the inside with bike helmet liner. So theoretically, I could just get that liner instead, and throw it in there, and it would still conform with the velcro

Update!

Finished the bicep piece today. (the right one). Pics are here....

Bicep001.jpg

Bicep002.jpg

Bicep003.jpg

Bicep004.jpg

sorry for the heavy images.

I'm hoping to make some nice progress this week. My girlfriend is out of town on vacation, so i've got way too much time on my hands. My last regents is tomorow as well, so ill be done with school after noon tomorow. ( It's a french regents. Je ne parle pas francais bien. ) Let me know what you think!

That bicep looks AMAZING! Did you use layered weathering for it?
note: you do know that the helmets neck seal is supposed to be black right? otherwise looks good to me.

And dont worry about posting "heavy threads" we love pics here, if you want to see a heavy thread visit my thread.

-Fin(n)ish

UPDATE

Hey guys! Another quick update. I started work on the torso. I really took my time too, so this baby took forever. Normally I wouldn't consider a naked pep piece an update, but the torso was a beast. Tell me what you think.

torso005.jpg

torso006.jpg

torso007.jpg

torso008.jpg

I guess we'll see where it goes. I'm still a little bit unsure about the look, but we will see.

oh, and I was bored today, so I goofed around on the Wii :p

torso003.jpg

Also, I didn't realized that there was a couple really nice compliments I didn't get to.

@Finnish -> Thanks alot! I was happy with the way the bicep turned out. the painting is the exact paint job that adam showed in his tutorial. I just kept redoing the paint untill I got it the way I wanted. The painting was a nightmare, because I accidently used the hammered silver instead of the grey primer, and every coat of paint I put on afterwards cracked off. And yes! I did realized the neck seal is black. It also is more detailed then I have it being. I'm planning on using some mud on it, then painting it black. I keep forgetting though. Thank you though!

Hey i got to ask you something. How will you do the chest as in like in connecting them and putting it on. Cause i got Fs chest done and not sure how to tackle that part.

SoullessSin said:
Hey i got to ask you something. How will you do the chest as in like in connecting them and putting it on. Cause i got Fs chest done and not sure how to tackle that part.

I actually left some of the side parts and neck parts un-glued to test fit the torso. After I fiberglass it, I plan on cutting the torso and backpack piece into two pieces, and using snap clips to put them together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back