Anyone making a Reach Mk V (A)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

matth101

OK, so Im on my 2nd project now. Was thinking of Iron Man Mk IV, but after looking around I saw this pic
reachchief.png

So (kinda embarrassing, but...) I dont own an XBox, I've never played reach, and I'm not a fan of prequel armor looking more advanced than the original armor, but this Mk V looks SLICK!!!
I was debating doing Iron Man, Rhinoc's new HD Mk V: CE armor, and now I've found this. I like doing stuff that isn't the run-of-the-mill like the Mk VI and Noble 6. Anybody planning on doing this? Sorry if it has already been discussed. I used the search function and didnt find anything

Attachments

• reachchief.png
    reachchief.png
    483 KB · Views: 18,142
i don't own an xbox either and have only played reach for a couple minutes. I decided on making myself Carter from Reach and so far it is coming out somewhat decent as a first build. I think making a reach mark 5 would be pretty awesome. The mark 5 reach helmet came out and everything else has been modeled pretty much. I think it is a great idea to have this build. Goodluck

Yes, I'm planning on making the Mk.V PAA, I'm currently on the Pepakura stage, done with assembling the Chest and the Shins. ;)

nice. im reaaalllllyyyyy debating doing this armor!! it looks sick!! thing is ive already pepped my helmet, neck, chest, and half the back of the iron man suit.... aarrrggg!!! decisions decisions!!!!! :( what files are you using viper??

nice. im reaaalllllyyyyy debating doing this armor!! it looks sick!! thing is ive already pepped my helmet, neck, chest, and half the back of the iron man suit.... aarrrggg!!! decisions decisions!!!!! :( what files are you using viper??
lgAnderson's Chest File. Can't remember who made the other files though.

I'm not a fan of prequel armor looking more advanced than the original armor, but this Mk V looks SLICK!!!

This is why.
The SPARTAN-IIIs of Noble Team utilized equipment on par with the SPARTAN-IIs, such as the MJOLNIR Powered Assault Armor, which is far more advanced than the cheaper SPI armor worn by the rest of the SPARTAN-IIIs. The team was issued with the Mark V MJOLNIR armor on November 24, 2551. Unlike the mainline SPARTAN-IIs whose armor was fairly uniform in coloration, the members of Noble Team sported a variety of color schemes and field-customized armor variants.

Just thought i throw that out there. Thats from the halo wikia.

Basically, the Spartan II's got the MK V, but like a production line model, all churned out to the same spec and colour scheme. Where as the Spartan III's of Noble Team were given "blank" unit's afterward, with which they could customize to how they saw fit. Think of it like a modern day military force. A Special Operations group (SAS, SBS, Delta, CAG etc) has much more say in what they use and wear, while a soldier in the regular infantry gets issued what to wear and are usually bound by guidelines and regulations as far as personal customization goes.
Obviously the difference's between the MK V from Halo:CE and Reach are substantial but you'd have to imagine the S-II's all getting armour similar to the screenshot you posted above.

Hope that helps? :)

- X.

gotcha. but i mean all the stuff in general. like the assault rifles and stuff like that. the weapons in reach seem to be more advanced than halo ce as a prequel, kinda like in star wars how they tried to make episode 1 look more futuristic than the others (but it still sucked :p ) I mean I don't really care about technical background and all that jazz, im talking about based on looks alone, know what i mean :) sry if i sound like a snob, ive had some beers lol. but yeah, the reach mk v looks (in cartman voice) *sweeeeeeeT!!!*

Yeah, I know what you mean. It's just a design choice isn't it, to keep up with the times. The old AR looked really dated (to me anyway) and the explanation behind some weapons is there, such as the DMR not being around because it got phased out and was only used by the army (and there were only Navy marines in Halo:CE :p). But like you said, it's just like Ep.1 where they tried to bring it up to speed with the modern tech and graphics.

I agree though, the new MK V looks the dogs danglies. Far superior to the MK VI imho :)

- X.

thanks man :) Now to make up my mind about what to build..... ugh!!! I'll keep people posted on what I decide on!

btw, are there any reach thighs with the jagged inner thigh pieces? i looked all over and didnt see any. might have to either wait or do some custom work... :p

Thanks Ruze! I already downloaded the helmet, and I just downloaded your shoulder attachments! It's just tough to decide on what to do cause this armor looks awesome. I just might have to attempt 2 projects at the same time :D

Roadwarriors build is very good. From what I understood he is doing a combination of Halo CE and Reach Mark V armor.

As for deciding which suit to make, make a list of every suit you want to make, and then decide on the order of importance.

For instance This is the order I plan on doing:

Finish Halo CE Master Chief
Halo 3 Marine
Halo 3 ODST
Iron Man
Halo 3 Mark VI
Darth Vader
Grunt
Elite.

If your overall goal is to have a collection of suits, then if you have already started Ironman, I would reccomend finishing that project before you start another one.

Just a suggestion, is the Reach Mark V different enough to build that one compared to the Halo CE version? My point is, if you plan on putting them ondisplay or anything, do you want your first two suits to look almost the same?

Good point amigo. I just can't decide. Cause I love the mk v by rhinoc, I've already started iron man, and I love this mk v a that I found. I just can't decide what to do. Ugh! Maybe I will do both at the same time. If my timeline is haloween I think I can do both suits by then. Shoot I can do each limb of rhinocs mk v in a couple hours so I think I can do 2 suits at once. I think I may do the reach mk v a and ironman at the same time. Do-able?

If you are doing another MkV it should be the Reach one, why make the same suit twice? ;)
Also doing two suits is possible, just take yer time :)

P.S.

Top Notch on the current MkV suit you made.

two suits is certainly doable, although it may get a little crazy trying to manage all of the different parts, and focusing on Halo for a while and then switching to Ironman might get a little confusing, but it can be done.

Personally I would only do one suit at a time, but if you think you can, go ahead and try with some of the smaller parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back