Better Red Than Dead ( My ODST Cosplay Journey )

VerdantCos

Hey fellow bucket heads and Helljumpers, I'm diving into the process of cosplay, and I've decided to start my journey by bringing an ODST out for some chaos. Whether you're a seasoned cosplayer or a fellow rookie, I'd love to hear your tips, tricks, and experiences on crafting the perfect foam ODST armor. My set will be specifically based off an ODST Insurrectionist from RvB, the sleeveless one, yeah you know the one. I'm really just hoping to get my armor as close to his as possible and for the time being I'll reply below with files I've found and ideas I might have to get the look down.

Attachments

• image_2024-01-19_020646835.png
    image_2024-01-19_020646835.png
    643.4 KB · Views: 40
  • image_2024-01-19_020723797.png
    image_2024-01-19_020723797.png
    62.8 KB · Views: 42
  • image_2024-01-19_020743444.png
    image_2024-01-19_020743444.png
    405.1 KB · Views: 40
This is gonna be a sick suit!!

PaiganBoi has a really phenomenal foam ODST. It would definitely be worth checking out his build thread

This is gonna be a sick suit!!

PaiganBoi has a really phenomenal foam ODST. It would definitely be worth checking out his build thread
Sweeeet, def will take a look at it!

SO the armor I decided to go with pattern wise was our very own ODST Rookie in The Armory, that's the idea at least for everything neck down. Helmet wise, I'm still kinda up in the air decision wise what to use helmet wise but I do know that the helmet WILL be 3D printed just to be safe. As for the kind of foam I'll be using, it'll definitely be HD EVA Foam and I'll most likely be using contact cement, so if anyone has any recommendations or tips on the subject of those two I'm always happy to hear 'em out.

SO the armor I decided to go with pattern wise was our very own ODST Rookie in The Armory, that's the idea at least for everything neck down. Helmet wise, I'm still kinda up in the air decision wise what to use helmet wise but I do know that the helmet WILL be 3D printed just to be safe. As for the kind of foam I'll be using, it'll definitely be HD EVA Foam and I'll most likely be using contact cement, so if anyone has any recommendations or tips on the subject of those two I'm always happy to hear 'em out.
When I did the foam parts of my armor, I used SKS props HD EVA foam and Barge contact cement. Those were recommended to me by NobleofDeath16 and it was by far the best experience I had with foam.

Oh yeah I love SKS Props foam, as for cement I'll def keep an eye out for that brand, thanks!
Barge Contact Cement can be purchase via Amazon here: LINK

I'd also recommend application brushes like sponge brushes, or even a squeeze bottle for it to use in controllable batches/application use. Its staple to the foam community because unlike things like Weldwood Contact Cement, its bonds are formulated to have flexibility whereas the later is made for rigid connects for pipe work. This stuff is primarily used by the shoe making industry.

Barge Contact Cement can be purchase via Amazon here: LINK

I'd also recommend application brushes like sponge brushes, or even a squeeze bottle for it to use in controllable batches/application use. Its staple to the foam community because unlike things like Weldwood Contact Cement, its bonds are formulated to have flexibility whereas the later is made for rigid connects for pipe work. This stuff is primarily used by the shoe making industry.
Sweeeeeet, thanks for the heads up!

Hey fellow bucket heads and Helljumpers, I'm diving into the process of cosplay, and I've decided to start my journey by bringing an ODST out for some chaos. Whether you're a seasoned cosplayer or a fellow rookie, I'd love to hear your tips, tricks, and experiences on crafting the perfect foam ODST armor. My set will be specifically based off an ODST Insurrectionist from RvB, the sleeveless one, yeah you know the one. I'm really just hoping to get my armor as close to his as possible and for the time being I'll reply below with files I've found and ideas I might have to get the look down.
The paper cutouts for the hip and belt pieces are now done!

Attachments

• PaperCutouts1.jpg
    PaperCutouts1.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 16
  • PaperCutouts3.jpg
    PaperCutouts3.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 15
  • PaperCutouts2.jpg
    PaperCutouts2.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 18
From one Helljumper to another, good luck and remember feet first into hell ;)

This thread is more than 3 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back