Color Of Odst

Status
Not open for further replies.

micahmills

Jr Member
i see in the pictures it looks like a very weather dark gray, but then again i look at it and its black, so should i just go with how it is in this pic by weathering the outline of the armor
odst2.jpg

ohh and what color/tint visor should i use? i can a get black one from my friend for cheap

Do it however you wish.

When it comes to the visor a dark one would be best, black looks best in my opinion, and when it comes to the weathering do it to match what type of weathering that would happen in your environment. Think of the damage you yourself would attain in battle and put it to your armor. I myself am going for an awesome sword gash running down my chest piece along with a burn or two.

Good luck on your armor.

BTW try to avoid unsure posts, don't ask which you should do post something more along the lines of "Which type of visor in your opinion would be better?" or "What kind of weathering works best?".

We cannot give you your opinion, you must make it up for yourself :) . Have fun with the weathering, I will definitely enjoy dealing out the damage, wear, and tear when I get to that stage.

The armour to me looks like regular flatblack or maybe midnight blue with some weathering and if you want it to look really good start painting with about 2coats of primer gray then one coat of silver then about 2 of black then do a little sanding, cheers! =]

Bear in mind that the screenshot you posted is of WETA's ODST build - they differ considerably from the in-game version, who uses more of an urban camoflage pattern of greys and blacks.

I think it's a very valid question - this isn't like a "which piece should I make first" post. I think that because of the various image reference sources (In-Game, WETA, H3-ODST) you will get conflicting information. I would probably avoid plain old flat black, simply because you need a lighter base color to get effective "wear" and "damage" effects and shading. I would shoot for something like a very dark grey/graphite/gunmetal shaded with matte black. In the end it will be your choice but that's where I would start...

Good Luck!

SPARTAN-Mills117 said:
i see in the pictures it looks like a very weather dark gray, but then again i look at it and its black, so should i just go with how it is in this pic by weathering the outline of the armor
odst2.jpg

ohh and what color/tint visor should i use? i can a get black one from my friend for cheap

I would paint it black, then see how you like it. Then add some gray if you see fit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back