Dragoncon costumes

Status
Not open for further replies.

crackhead09

RCO
405th Regiment Officer
To those going to DragonCon which armor perm are you wearing? which days are you wearing it? and are you wearing different perms each day?

I myself am trying to figure out which perm i should wear and i also ask this question because i think a variety in armor perms would look awesome.

crackhead09 said:
To those going to DragonCon which armor perm are you wearing? which days are you wearing it? and are you wearing different perms each day?

I myself am trying to figure out which perm i should wear and i also ask this question because i think a variety in armor perms would look awesome.

Since there's going to be a table there, it might also be cool to leave some extra perm parts/guns/ other armor parts ON the table as part of a display. Of course the schedule for ensuring the table is manned at all times hasn't been solidified yet, but it will be.

There's always a small theft concern, so nothing too small, but security is pretty good at the Con in terms of someone trying to snatch and grab a helmet or something. I suggest we take pictures of the gear on the table to establish they were there though,... that's just a, perhaps, overly paranoid thought though.

An additional option might be to get a few pieces of covered plywood with armor attached to it, behind the table itself, and/or mannequins.

Anyways, no point in leaving the table bare if we have cool stuff that can go on it.. even (or maybe especially) Works in Progress, to draw attention to the club.

Last edited by a moderator:
maybe we can show a helmet in portions like 1/8 of the helmet is paper 1/8 fiberglass 1/8 bondo... for a wip piece but what i mean is htose of us wondering around the con and the parade as well. as for theft i'll be happy to build plexiglass cases for the perms, armor, and helmets to prevent theft

crackhead09 said:
maybe we can show a helmet in portions like 1/8 of the helmet is paper 1/8 fiberglass 1/8 bondo... for a wip piece but what i mean is htose of us wondering around the con and the parade as well. as for theft i'll be happy to build plexiglass cases for the perms, armor, and helmets to prevent theft

That is a very interesting concept. One very much worth pursuing. It would make a great display piece to show what exactly goes into this hobby.

Does that mean I need to demo how to fiberglass while everyone sleeps, or do I need to demo the me being half asleep for the rest of the day? LOL j/k I think this is a great idea. I will be leaving some of my parts and projects if wanted at the table in good faith. :)

Yep, I was intending to bring several variants and weapons with me so that I could change out from time to time.

Only 104 armor making days left til Dragon*Con by the way. :eek:

Sean Bradley said:
Yep, I was intending to bring several variants and weapons with me so that I could change out from time to time.

You had to remind me! :mad: :unsure:

I am really really hoping to have my MK VI, the CQB Variant with a sniper rifle, a marine suit, and an odst im working on. We will see though. One thing at a time.

Sean Bradley said:

DoC ByTeS said:
You had to remind me! :mad: :unsure:

23Magnum said:
Ditto.

I better get cracking.

ditto that ditto... time flies when you're fussing with fiberglass lol

You could have a laptop on the table playing a few of Adams creation videos, or any other videos related to the 405th.

Sean Bradley said:

You had to remind me! I still have a week before can even get started...ODST shouldn't take as long as a spartan, though we shall see if I'll have a costume for D*C or not.

rvb18 said:
sry for being a noob but were is dragon con at ?

Downtown Atlanta.

And im not sure what armor perm a Tails costume is under in this catagory..lol...But we already have the first bits of fabric bought, now we need to find out how we're gonna make the head.

crackhead09 said:

I was already thinking of doing that for my armor (I'm entering it in 4H) to show the process.

Off topic, but I had to say something :p.

Now Dragon* I wont be able to go to, but has there been any
discussion about making a table at Comic Con in San Diego?
There's tons of plublicity here: News coverage, internet,
G4, gametrailers, Hollywood, talent scouts, ect. . .

I'll be going in a group as marines.

im not going to be wearing armor it will be on display in my booth EVIL MONKEY PRODUCTIONS in the dealers room

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back