!!Finished**!! Foam Reach Armor for my Daughter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronin

Wow its been a loooong time since I posted here!! Well my daughter wanted some Halo armor for Halo-ween. So I thought I would give the foam a try. It is not as hard as I thought, as long as you take your time... however she did not tell me she wanted this until the first of October!! I have been working like crazy!!! I still have a long way to go! Here is what i have so far:
IMG_1718.jpg

That's a lot of progress in a short time! It looks great. Your daughter is very lucky to have such a dedicated dad!

You've definintely been busy if you just started 22 days ago. . . . LOL! Everything looks great. Keep up the good work.

Dislikes...burning my fingers with hot glue!! LOL Well I used Lsx's files and they are great! Some of the smaller parts I really did not need to print off tho. What I like about the foam it is easier to work with than the fiberglass. I would love to build me one later...

Wish my dad did stuff like this when I was a kid :p But then again Halo didn't exist when I was a kid. Lol

Looks awesome!

Sent from my iPhone5 using mind control!

Well the thing is ..she is 18.. It really shocked me when she ask
If I would make it. Her boyfriend does play Halo tho.
So far it has been a fun build !!

That all came out looking pretty good considering your time crunch. :cool

Now all you need is a little paint and it looks like you're going to make the Wednesday deadline after all. Keep up the good work!

Thanks everyone!! The time crunch has really been rough! All I like is a black wash, fitting the visor and I am done!! Whew! Here is the chest and helmet. I already had this helmet made so i just used it (to save time). She still wants Kat's helmet.
IMG_1760.jpg

Even though she's 18 already, I bet she's one excited young lady to have the suit for Halloween. Congrats on the finished build and props for doing it in such a rush. Great job!!!!!

Don't forget to put up some of the suit up photos.

Awesome quick build. She should be happy to have an awesome costume to have for Halloween now. You should totally make yourself one foam is fun to work with :) and with your skills you'll do great

Def make sure you post pics of the finished build! Great job on the quick build!

Sent from my iPhone5 using mind control!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back