First Halo Reach Spartan Build: Spartan A-218

RayBanMan2580

Hello everyone! My name is Connor. I have been a part of this community since the beginning of this year and I am proud to finally say that I am about to begin my journey of the creation of my very own spartan!!! This is my very first time building any sort of armor or cosplay so I am both very excited and nervous at the same time to start! I hope that through the help of some of my friends and this community, I will be able to build the best version of this armor that I can!

I, first off, would like to talk about why this is something that I am now doing. When I was younger, I was never really able to play any violent video games and was very sheltered from many things like Call of Duty, GTA, and any other rated-M games (with good reason); however, this did not stop me. I had many friends within my neighborhood that I would hang out with and spend my weekends with. One friend in particular, who was a couple of years older than me, exposed me to many things, one of them being Halo, specifically, Halo Reach. Halo Reach was the game that I instantly fell in love with and would go to his house all the time and play it for hours on end. Even as a kid, I would watch videos of people who would make their own spartan armor and at night would dream about the day that I could one day do the same. Halo Reach has held a special spot in my heart and forever will, to the point where I will still go back and play the full campaign over and over again. I cannot express how much of an impact this game has left on me. Now that I am older and in college, the idea of building a suit of armor became a possibility, rather than a fantasy. After months of planning and working, I now have the ability and time to make this dream become reality.

Next, I want to explain what or who my spartan is. Although I am very much inspired by Noble 6, I wanted to create my own character within the Halo universe that is his own thing but also a part of the main story, almost as if he was on the opposite side of Reach, fighting the same war as Noble Team. I am going with the Spartan tag A-218 as this fits within the Spartan III Program and falls into the same type of Spartans as the Noble Team. I also found that on the wiki that Spartan A-218's name is Connor so that works out great! I really want this spartan to fit in with the lore as best as possible so if y'all know something that I don't that clashes with my concept, please let me know. I also am adding small details to my spartan such as a custom dog tag, custom markings, and other unique details you won't find on any other spartan. I also am planning on implementing details such as lights and moving parts so hopefully all of that together will make my spartan stand out. The main two weapons that I will have are the DMR and the Magnum pistol and he will have a jetpack as his armor ability. My goal for this build is to make it look like I am stepping right out of the game.

Lastly, I want to talk about the steps that I am planning on taking to make this spartan. I recently bought the brand-new Ender 3 V3 SE 3D printer that I can hopefully use to print out all of the parts. I am also planning on buying some files for the body and undersuit of the Mark V(B). I am also planning on buying some programs such as Pepakura and Armorsmith so that I can get detailed parts and have the parts fit me as best as they can. So far right now, I have a full model of my spartan on blender thanks to the amazing help of Jeffw773 and his easy-to-follow tutorial. I also have been following some people on YouTube and Instagram such as Isaac D Projects, Galactic Armory, Enforce_props, Pipninja Armory, and Slenderdummy, who have all been able to help and inspire me to what I want to do with my spartan.
If y'all are seeing this, thank you for everything!

I am so thankful for this amazing opportunity that has graced me and I hope that I will be able to not only build an amazing Halo spartan cosplay but also make my younger self proud.

Here are a couple of photos and poses that I made of Spartan A-218.

Screenshot 2023-08-25 at 10.46.16 PM.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-08-25 at 11.58.06 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-25 at 11.58.06 PM.png
    969.4 KB · Views: 65
  • Screenshot 2023-08-25 at 11.59.09 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-25 at 11.59.09 PM.png
    884.2 KB · Views: 60
  • Screenshot 2023-08-25 at 11.57.24 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-25 at 11.57.24 PM.png
    866 KB · Views: 66
  • Screenshot 2023-08-26 at 12.00.00 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-26 at 12.00.00 AM.png
    833.4 KB · Views: 66
Wow! Those words are very inspiring, very excited for how you progress in the build! Just wanna add If you don't already have some files in mind for the undersuit pieces WandererTJ ( not sponsored ) most ( if not all ) of the undersuit piece come with his Mark Vb
file set on etsy. I recently got em and it was genuinely a steal. No pressure to get em just thought it might be helpful to add that. Good luck!

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back