Forward Unto Dawn: Cadet Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cjsuner

Hey guyz
So, lately i have been more of a stalker than a poster, so i feel like talking now :p
Anywayz, i decided after watching the Forward Unto Dawn series so far that i want to make some cadet armor.
With that decsion being made, i am also trying foam for the first time. Right now i am still a little iffy on it...
On to the pics!
D236BF7D-8C2B-4D7C-A545-A050267EEDA9-6091-000007ADE89137D4.jpg

There is the base for the body armor
4BFE674D-D4E3-4E3E-BF84-700D86722886-6091-000007ADEDBDA754.jpg

967565FE-C801-4E3A-B10C-281BEC9CE5E2-6091-000007ADF8049107.jpg

And me trying it on, from a side angle...
Overall i am pretty happy with the chest base so far, but now onto the shoulder...

E716DEEA-3BC5-487D-A506-CAF61FBCEE10-6117-000007AF12CFEE9A.jpg

652CB445-88E4-437B-8642-CF06BC12307D-6117-000007AF0F95FEB8.jpg

3B73A1E5-A841-4762-9F00-D2A905063F0E-6117-000007AF158BE19F.jpg

Something feels off about it, but i am not sure what... Any help?
Tips and tricks for Foam are always appreciated!

Hey man!

I recommend cutting at an angle at areas where the different pieces that makes up the shoulder would meet so you don't get awkward looking gaps there. The gaps that are there can be sealed off with DAP Alex Plus silicone caulk . Make sure it's Alex Plus . It accepts paint and won't give you any trouble. Hope that helps!

Oh, okay, i knew i was doing something wrong heh...

Besides the gaps, any idea of what looks off about it? Something just does'nt match up for me...

well the cadet armor shouldn't be that hard i mean it's training armor the marine and odst armor is the hard stuff.

Im not sure i quite understand what you mean Fox...

what i mean is it's a cake walk, a walk in the park, noble 6 with a DMR. super easy.

in other news your shoulder peice looks like the upper part of an ODST shoulder.

Thanks for the Screen pull Star!
Hm, so if it is curved armor, do you think i should remake it with thinner foam so it curves a little more easier, or remake with same thickness, just add more curve to the side.
Cuz, i am seeing a little more curve to the side of the shoulders?

Well, it very well could be since they seem to have some of the Weta gear. The Weta ODST chest plates were actually three separate sections, so this chest piece COULD simply be the center chest piece.

Take a look at this pic...

Landfall.jpg

as compared to the pic you posted...
615889268.jpg

It's sort of difficult to tell with her gun in the way, but they do look somewhat similar in shape. However, the top indentation on the ODST seems a little lower than the indentation on Silva, so I'm not sure.

I stumbled upon this on youtube, it's a behind the scenes look at Forward unto Dawn and there are a few screens in there that show off the chest piece in question. Hope that helped!

If you skip up to around 2:25 there's some good shots of the chest armor, it almost looks like it's mounted to a plate carrier of some sort...I'm digging around to see what kind it is...I want to say it's part of an Interceptor OTV vest but I'm not too sure....

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw something as well behind the scenes, the vests they used are simply real-world military-style plate carriers very similar to something like this...

jan09022.jpg

Shouldn't be too hard to find.

I saw something as well behind the scenes, the vests they used are simply real-world military-style plate carriers very similar to something like this...

jan09022.jpg

Shouldn't be too hard to find.

It's a knock off airsoft vest that costs around $35 from the right sources.

This is the exact vest (as in, I've gone over the screen caps with a fine toothed comb and some folks on the RPF ended up with the same conclusion level of exact) you'll need:

http://airsoft-club.com/shop/tactic...ombat-assault-plate-carrier-vest-coyote-brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back