Frost's H3 ODST Build - First Halo Cosplay

frostwrath

Hey all~ I've been working on my ODST for a little bit and am finally working up the courage to start sharing it~
I'm working from the Sean Bradley kit, and using a Branfuhr Studios helmet
It’s my first time working with HIPS so there’s definitely ways that I’ve done things that could’ve been done better, but it’s a good learning experience
IMG_3758.jpeg

When I received the armour it was definitely a bit daunting (and I definitely sat on it for half a year too scared to start) but I decided to get a wiggle on :)

Last edited:
Had a few false starts along the way but eventually got the first pieces of the armour put together and realised that it wasn’t gonna be too big of a task, but still was gonna take some time
IMG_4426.jpeg

This was just the start of the armor build but I was starting to get a bit of confidence, I also printed a comms module (bucks model) modelled by Galactic Armory, alongside a flashlight mount, attached to the helmet using magnets. This project was also my first time soldering so there was a bit of learning I had to do there.

IMG_4466.jpeg

Progress at this point was going quickly, and I was finally feeling like I was getting some good work in. I also began printing my props for the armour, including a M6C and an M7S
IMG_4464.jpeg

In this last week I printed and painted my grenade canisters for my hip, and completed assembly on the chest rig section of the armor
IMG_4532.jpeg

IMG_4533.jpeg

Alongside this, I also started to print my backpack for the armour (Using the From the Brink Studios Backpack Files from Etsy)

It looks good! Curious about the mixture of 3d printing and Sean's Vac formed kit. Why did you want to mix and match?
Haha to be honest? Mostly shipping costs and exchange rate for the AUD, as well as having the printer here.. as much as I would have loved to buy more of Sean’s stuff (I did buy his glove kit though, just haven’t gotten around to it yet) it just isn’t really feasible to ship it halfway around the world with how weak the buying power of the Aussie dollar is :(
TLDR - It’s what’s on hand and going to keep the price down

Last edited:
Fully printed my backpack for the ODST armour and a biofoam canister (from Jaku’s 3D Model thread)~ now I gotta do some more finishing work to get the backpack ready for soft parts, and the biofoam ready for paint~

Attachments

• IMG_4557.jpeg
    IMG_4557.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_4565.jpeg
    IMG_4565.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 22
Haha to be honest? Mostly shipping costs and exchange rate for the AUD, as well as having the printer here.. as much as I would have loved to buy more of Sean’s stuff (I did buy his glove kit though, just haven’t gotten around to it yet) it just isn’t really feasible to ship it halfway around the world with how weak the buying power of the Aussie dollar is :(
TLDR - It’s what’s on hand and going to keep the price down
Makes complete sense!
Fully printed my backpack for the ODST armour and a biofoam canister (from Jaku’s 3D Model thread)~ now I gotta do some more finishing work to get the backpack ready for soft parts, and the biofoam ready for paint~
What are you using for a printer and settings? Also adhesive of choice to mate parts?

Makes complete sense!

What are you using for a printer and settings? Also adhesive of choice to mate parts?
My printer is a Creality K1, and I’m just using their standard Creality Print Hyper PLA profiles (with esun pla+ HS)
I’m just using zap a gap and slo zap to join parts, along with zip kicker :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back