Full Size (8 Foot) Warhammer 40K Space Marine Armor!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arithen

For those have seen any of my other threads, your bound to realize that they are rather slow in the process stages. And i completely realize this! However! I am closer than you may think in the making of some of my projects, but i'm being a bit secretive about it. I do have two other projects in mind though, one that i'll be starting soon, and another that will be held off on for quite a long time. After recently getting back into Warhammer 40k and seeing more and more Space marine threads start popping up, I've decided to make my own. but with a twist!

The average size of an actual person making this type of costume is probably closer to 5'9. I'm half an inch shy of 6 feet, but with some cool plans to make myself about 6'5. Alas, a space marine is between 7-8 feet, sometimes even 10! So i'm going to be making stilts for this project to give me an extra 1-2 foot height. I have plans for a lot of things right now, such as arm length, hands, and so on to make sure i get that replicated look i really need. After my completion of this, i am going to be trying to make a simple Tau Troop, fully armored, as well as a Tyranid! that's right...

For now i am in the beginning stages of planing. here are a few reference pictures i'll be using to create this monster of armor I found quickly with a google search.

3265756797_36de7ae246_b.jpg

dawn_of_war_2xl.jpg

dawn_of_war_3xl.jpg

dawn_of_war_5.jpg

The height including the base is 215 cm for this statue

I'll be using Nintendudes files from his topic here http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=22078 for both the weapons and armor.

Just so i can make this absolutely perfect, i'll be making an adult size costume first (close to 6 feet). Then, after the completion of that, i'll be moving on to the actual 1:1 scaled size, which i am hoping to be 8 feet.

I am in the midst of finding the best Pepakura files, if you have any that you have found/made that are absolutely crazy HD and awesome, link me up!

If anyone has created, or is the creation process of This armor, please post some tips if you have any! thanks!

I'll be posting Pepakura production pictures later on today

Pep? Seriously? Scratch build - pep is not the best solution for everything. You'll be there for days pepping what is essentially eight cylinders with rounded cuts for the legs and arms. The only thing you should consider pepping is the helmet. Sound a shout over to Darkslitter, his dad scratch built one (some sort of different modification - I'm no Warhammer 40k buff) and it was ENORMOUS and had trouble even getting into the convention (something you may want to consider - take note of how small the doors are behind him...)

CIMG3918Large.jpg

Cheers,

Kensai

Sounds like a plan. I'm kind of glad when I'm fully grown I will be 6'4ish, at least I will fit the role of a space marine pretty well.

It looks cool, but it doesnt portray the bulk i'm looking for. I really am aiming for an exact replication. i'll take my time with the pep if it allows for better replication.

i was able to do some very minor pep work today, it's quite late in the day, just got home from work, and have to do a bit more stuff today. so i squeezed in this! which is a in-the-making of a Left Handed Glove :D

pc030152.jpg

In the words of other people that have made the Master Chief and Space Marine armors start with the chest first when building because it will help when it comes to building the rest of the parts.

Nintendude said:
In the words of other people that have made the Master Chief and Space Marine armors start with the chest first when building because it will help when it comes to building the rest of the parts.

hmm, ok, after i finish this i'll move on to the chest then :) . I actually might, MIGHT, make a quick pep work armor and perhaps just recreate it with clay, piece by piece and make molds out of them. i am not a fan of pepakura when it comes to rounded things

Last edited by a moderator:
Zendric said:
So you gonna be a chaos marine? Or a Loyalist(For the emprah!)

no chaos... yet... mwahahahahhahahahahcahhabgalhgasb :( I will have to do sculpting only for the chaos marines. they are sweat though :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back