Gears of War 3 Baird Foam Full Suit(scratch built). Will be ready for release night.

What weapon should I make to go with my suit?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely FANTASTIC work man. You brought the whole thing together perfectly. And to top it off you put together the perfect photoshoot to showcase your work. Congrats man.

I still can not get over how awesome this looks! You totally look like a thinner version of Baird! XD haha Even some of the pictures look like they came right out of the game! I told my husband about your build and I have yet to make him look at these pictures. haha He totally needs to check this out!

Awesome work my friend! :D

:') tears of joy, you make this COG GEAR look good. i was wondering if you were gonna have the templates for your chest later on this page?

Last edited by a moderator:
This is about as good as it gets for foam. The details and craftsmanship are just Epic. As for the photo shoot....Well lets just say it brings it altogether in one place, at one time, to show the rest of the world what an artist can do from a video game.

This is mind blowing. Who would have thought such detail could be be achieved with foam mats. You sir are an artist.

When i saw your finished build it was soo amazing, i called out to mother to come check it out.
She goes, you better be complimenting these people if your acting like this about it, then i said, No, I'm not :(....
But hell yes man... amazinggg job

What method did you use with your dremel to get the detail on your straps? Im getting ready to do a juggernaut build and I really wanna incorporate that pattern into the straps that hold the helmet on. The detail you put into it is just incredible

:') tears of joy, you make this COG GEAR look good. i was wondering if you were gonna have the templates for your chest later on this page?

Morfdogg has the templates. He will scan them in soon I hope.

What method did you use with your dremel to get the detail on your straps? Im getting ready to do a juggernaut build and I really wanna incorporate that pattern into the straps that hold the helmet on. The detail you put into it is just incredible

Just try different methods to achieve different textures/designs. You will figure out what works and what doesn't. I use a sanding drum, cut-off wheel, carbine tip, and a couple other random bits. That's about it.

Thank you guys so much. I really do appreciate that you take the time to check out my builds and all of that. I'm glad you guys can appreciate the work that goes into this stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why is this not in the elite section yet? Pictures came out great man, gotta say though the pictures really don't do it justice. It looks way better in person.

Totally new the site and to be quite honest...this DIY is why I made an account on here not long ago.

You've gotten this I bet dozens of times over but, amazing job, great detail, there is absolutely nothing I could probably say to exemplify how much of an astounding job you did, that honestly, would put any of my previous work and or near future work shame. You sir are 1337.

As "whack" as I'm gonna sound I'm pretty much doing a DIY Gears of War 3 Tribute Foam suit and honestly, especially by the way yours turns out I have a few questions if you don't mind me asking.

You used EVA foam right, or something close to it? How many "tiles" did you end up using towards the end? And how did you get that "smooth" look to the armor, sanding?

How did you secure the chest piece? Just hot glue or anything special like some belts or something nifty as such?

The boots (amazing btw), how did you manage to give it that "pivot" feature? The bottom of the boot is part of the entire framework of it? How did you fit them to make them snug in a sense?

The paint, spray can or? How many layers?

Read that you used a dremel tool, but I'm half asleep? What tips did you use?

I'm without a shadow of a doubt 100% sure most of my questions have been answered throughout the entirety of your epic post but between the fact that I'm amazed to a point where my jaw dropped for a few and the fact it's 3:22 A.M. working on a different project I'm just "overwhelmed". lol I'm sorry if most if not all my questions were answered previously in your awesome post and I'm just being "blind", but dear god...again, I can't possibly exemplify how amazing your build is!!!

I will be scanning them in soon be swamped with work and panning a weekend for 350 cubscouts so life has been hectic rry its takin so long just been ooverwhelmed with alot.

Totally new the site and to be quite honest...this DIY is why I made an account on here not long ago.

You've gotten this I bet dozens of times over but, amazing job, great detail, there is absolutely nothing I could probably say to exemplify how much of an astounding job you did, that honestly, would put any of my previous work and or near future work shame. You sir are 1337.

As "whack" as I'm gonna sound I'm pretty much doing a DIY Gears of War 3 Tribute Foam suit and honestly, especially by the way yours turns out I have a few questions if you don't mind me asking.

You used EVA foam right, or something close to it? How many "tiles" did you end up using towards the end? And how did you get that "smooth" look to the armor, sanding?

How did you secure the chest piece? Just hot glue or anything special like some belts or something nifty as such?

The boots (amazing btw), how did you manage to give it that "pivot" feature? The bottom of the boot is part of the entire framework of it? How did you fit them to make them snug in a sense?

The paint, spray can or? How many layers?

Read that you used a dremel tool, but I'm half asleep? What tips did you use?

I'm without a shadow of a doubt 100% sure most of my questions have been answered throughout the entirety of your epic post but between the fact that I'm amazed to a point where my jaw dropped for a few and the fact it's 3:22 A.M. working on a different project I'm just "overwhelmed". lol I'm sorry if most if not all my questions were answered previously in your awesome post and I'm just being "blind", but dear god...again, I can't possibly exemplify how amazing your build is!!!

I used almost 20 tiles or so. The smoothe look comes from heat treating(with a standard heat gun) the foam before you plasti-dip it.
The chest just sits on me and is padded with foam.
I just made a hinge at the pivot point on the boots.
Spray paint, with acryllic blackwash.
Use sanding drums, carbine tips, etc. Figure out for yourself what works and what doesn't. How you can use different bits for different textures.

I'm actually using these steps and tips a a guide to make mine as well.
Thanks for all the tips!!

The outcome looks completely stunning!! Words won't do it justice! :D

I have a question about the boots. What did you do to make them "wearable" did you attach a shoe inside the shoe? lol But seriously how did you do it?

well my friend, i must tip my hat, because this is the best foam work ive ever seen as well as it just being amazing all around

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back